Thread: Troy Koehler (7) found dead in washing machine, parents charged

Troy Koehler (7) found dead in washing machine, parents charged

An adopted Texas boy's father texted "I'm going to end up kill him" days before the 7-year-old was found dead inside a washing machine, according to court documents.

Jemaine Thomas, 42, on Tuesday was arrested and charged with capital murder in the death of Troy Koehler, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said. His wife, Tiffany Thomas, 35, was arrested and charged with injury to a child by omission.

According to charging documents, the parents exchanged text messages blaming Troy for eating their "oatmeal cream pies" and "donut sticks" before the young boy's body was found in a washing machine in the couple's garage in the Birnam Wood subdivision on July 28.

In one of the text messages, Tiffany Thomas told Jemaine Thomas that Troy only admitted to eating her oatmeal cream pies because she "threatened to put him in the stove and turn it on." After learning that Troy ate donut sticks without permission, Jemaine Thomas texted his wife that he "need to get the locks."

"I'm going to end up kill him," Jemaine Thomas' text message said. "You going to come home and he going to be hang from the f--- tree outside."

Tiffany Thomas texted her husband on July 7 and said "F* that. I'm for not doing sh*? for (Troy's) birthday."

On July 25, three days before Troy was found dead, Tiffany Thomas texted "This boy got life f*---- up. Why I come out the restroom from taking my shower and his funky a*? in the living room watching TV."
    Reported as 'Missing Child'

Before finding the child at the Thomas' home July 28 in the 4400 block of Rosegate Drive, the couple initially reported Troy as a "Missing Child" around 5:20 a.m., court documents show. When deputies arrived at 8:29 a.m. they searched the home and neighborhood for an hour for the boy who Jemaine Thomas told authorities he last saw at 4 a.m.

Deputies searched inside the home again at 7:10 a.m. and that's when Troy was found dead in the top-loading washing machine. Once the authorities discovered the body, Jemaine Thomas pushed a deputy out of the way, reached into the washing machine and pulled Troy out of the washer, according to court documents.

A deputy instructed Jemaine Thomas to place Troy on the floor, while other deputies performed CPR on the boy. Jemaine and Tiffany Thomas were removed from the home by law enforcement.

Troy's legs were bruised and warm to the touch, his torso was cold and he had blood around his nose and a large bump on his forehead, court records show. The boy's clothing was also damp and he had a urine smell emanating from his body.

The Harris County Medical Examiner's office determined Troy had multiple bruises and patterned scars all over his body, along with facial injuries. Blood was also visible around the boy's mouth and nostrils. An autopsy performed July 29 ruled Troy's death as a homicide due to "homicidal violence" caused by asphyxiation and possible drowning.

A door frame and cardboard box lid within the kitchen had blood transfer stains, but DNA analysis results are pending, court documents state.
    Inconsistent stories to authorities

Tiffany Thomas told authorities she made sure Troy had dinner July 27 before leaving for work in a Lyft. She also said the doors were locked when she left the home. But around 1 a.m. on July 28, she received a text from Jemaine Thomas saying that Troy was gone and the door was open when he got home.

Unable to reach Jemaine Thomas until 4 a.m., Tiffany Thomas caught a ride with a co-worker and arrived at the home at 5 a.m. She called 911 once inside the home, court documents show.

Jemaine Thomas told authorities he went to work on July 27 around 5 a.m. before going to his second job at 3 p.m. He said he worked his second job until 11 p.m. before heading home. When he entered the home, he yelled for Troy but did not hear a response. After looking for him around the home, he sent a text message to Tiffany Thomas asking about the boy's whereabouts. He searched for Troy for a couple of more minutes before changing clothes and going to sleep.

Once Jemaine Thomas woke up at 4 a.m., he continued to search for Troy until Tiffany Thomas arrived at the home at 5 a.m.

During an interview on July 28, Jemaine Thomas told law enforcement he struck Troy with an open hand on the buttocks five times on July 24. During the "disciplining," Jemaine Thomas hit Troy in the back by accident due to the boy jumping around. He said he stopped the discipline after hitting his son in the back.

Authorities found out about two prior Child Protective Services investigations that were initiated by school personnel who saw Troy with blackened eyes and facial bruising.

A 911 call made by Tiffany Thomas showed inconsistencies in her and Jemaine Thomas' stories. During the call, Tiffany Thomas said Jemaine Thomas saw Troy watching TV in the living room when he got home from work at 11 p.m. on July 27. He told authorities he couldn't find Troy when he arrived home from work.
    Video shows Troy alive on July 27

Authorities also spoke to LG Electronics, who told them their washing machine's lids don't lock until someone lowers them and presses the "start" button.

Surveillance video of neighboring homes did not show any activity outside of the home until law enforcement's arrival. Nobody walked inside or outside of the home except Jemaine and Tiffany Thomas between 6 p.m. on July 27 and 5 a.m. on July 28.

The investigation also determined Troy was alive and well on the evening of July 27, when last seen on video at 8:35 p.m. By 7:10 a.m. on July 28, the boy was dead.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/na...=mp-in-article
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Does CPS ever do their job? Ffs. This kid could have been saved.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Does CPS ever do their job? Ffs. This kid could have been saved.
    Judging by how many of these stories are on here? They don't.

WTF is WRONG with people?! They tortured this poor boy! I just can't with these fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

If he died from asphixia and drowning, could they have put him in there alive and turned it on

I remember I did an experiment with my then 4 year old and put him in my top load LG, and he barely fit (and hes small for his age). So he had to be dead or unconscious when they shoved him in.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Adopting a child isn't easy for couples, and the fact that they were able to adopt this boy in the first place is frightening.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Adopting a child isn't easy for couples, and the fact that they were able to adopt this boy in the first place is frightening.
    That's my thought as well. But by ALL MEANS. Let's make abortion illegal because "We'll adopt your baby".
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Why why why do these violent, intolerant fuckers bother going through the difficult, long process of adoption if they don't give a shit about children? Just so they have a real live punching bag of their very own? Makes me so angry. Poor little boy.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I actually know a few CPS workers through my chosen career and I can tell you that the ones I know are no bullshit when it comes to the decision to remove a child from a home, whether it's a biological child or and adopted one. It is actually one of my biggest concerns at my workplace, because of the violence that can happen around the time of removal.

But fuckers like this were likely only in it for the money, and didn't give a damn about the kid anyway.

And anyone can look good on paper for things like this. Pay a few people you know to promote you as character witnesses...get through the process and BAM, instant paycheck. They know their patience with the process can yield huge profits and all they have to do is throw the kid in the washing machine if he gets dirty, because, you know, bathing him is too much for these inhuman sacks of shit.

Y'all know that things that happen to children really boils me to my core, and I don't apologize when I say people like this need to die.

You are a shit human deep down in your soul if you can do this to a child.

Sadly, this kid had likely been abused prior to this, too. His growth and development was obviously stunted if he was having accidents or smelling of urine at the age of a second grader. That can be from many factors, but most likely abandonment, fear, and mistreatment, and that just makes me all the more upset.

This kid didn't even get a chance at a life away from abusive shitty people, and that's what makes this so fucking pathetic. To know that there are people out there actively trying to adopt children only to treat them like their lives don't matter.

Every time I see things like this, I think of my children at the victim's age and it just makes me that much angrier. They are so innocent, and so ignorant, and they are absolutely products of their environment. They deserve everything we can teach them, every opportunity we can give them, so that they can grow to know that they are loved, and so that they have the opportunity to become the best versions of themselves possible.

And there are those, like these parents, who actively work in their own interests, not interested in any of that. Those people don't even deserve to be near children, and they for goddamn sure don't deserve the responsibility of having custody of any.

Rest in Paradise, little Troy. I'm sorry humanity failed you. I hope those people who did this to you get the punishment they have earned.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's very easy to adopt poor Black kids. I've adopted 2, one at 21 while a poor college student, and the other while still a poor college student but older. It's very easy to adopt a poor child of any race I would think in rural America.

This pisses me off. Why take a child that has already been through trauma and subject them to more trauma? Neither of them should ever see the light of day and they should be loaded up into a washer. Turn it on the bedding mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieb View Post
    Why why why do these violent, intolerant fuckers bother going through the difficult, long process of adoption if they don't give a shit about children? Just so they have a real live punching bag of their very own? Makes me so angry. Poor little boy.
    It's not hard to adopt a poor child. Hell, I'm sure that you can adopt a poor white baby, it may be born with an addiction, but the same goes for the poor Black, Hispanic, etc. My point is that it's only hard to adopt blonde, white, blue eyed babies. There are signs all over looking for foster to adoption parents. They're just not perfect babies, like those that are costly. You used to be able to adopt for free, because you could write off all of the fees that you paid to lawyers etc. If you're not rich, it's free. Please adopt. It's a rewarding experience.

Thread Information