Thread: Anthony Rumplik (43) found wrapped in a blanket in his chimney a month after he went missing

Anthony Rumplik (43) found wrapped in a blanket in his chimney a month after he went missing

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...use-rcna135087

Bibb County sheriff?s deputies tell local news outlets that the body of Anthony Rumplik, 43, who had been missing since late December was found Friday, wrapped in a blanket and stuffed in the chimney of a house in Macon.

Rumplik?s roommate said he noticed a ladder leaning up against the house on Friday, climbed the ladder and saw a blanket in the chimney.

The condition of the body indicates Rumplik had been dead several weeks, Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones said.
    Rumplik?s Macon landlord had reported him missing after finding the door to his rental house open and concluding it was suspicious.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation will conduct an autopsy. Deputies say they continue to investigate the case.

So he was stuffed in his own chimney?

I've heard of people getting stuck in their chimneys but not wrapped in a blanket.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

This article states he suffered from bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and several other medical issues. His family offered a 100$ reward to find him

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/familys-d...now-or-a-grave

Family's desperate plea: Our missing brother in Macon needs our help now, or a grave
    by Amanda PeraltaWed, January 17th 2024

MACON, Ga. (WGXA) -- The Bibb County Sheriff's Office first notified the public about 43-year-old Anthony Rumplik's disappearance on Jan. 1, four days after the last time his family heard from him. Now, the family is pleading for answers and asking the community to help find their missing loved one.

"My family needs my brother either to get him help, medical help right away, or to go into burial arrangements," said Marlo, Rumplik's sister.

Rumplik made his way to Macon in Feb. 2023, trying to escape the harsh winter in Ohio. He was on his way to Florida when his motorcycle broke down and eventually got stolen, leaving him with no way to continue his commute. He spent much of his time in the area of Courtland Avenue and Napier Avenue while receiving financial assistance through Social Security Disability Insurance and from his family.

He often visited homeless shelters in the area before eventually living with a friend that he met through the shelter. He eventually received another motorcycle but never completed the repairs needed to finish his trip to Florida.

"He had just got this other one and he was trying to get it back up and on the road and get it legal and again. My father has to guide him on what to do next because mentally, it is kind of that of a 13-year-old," said Marlo.

Throughout the months he maintained constant contact with his family. However, on Dec. 28, 2023 he had his final conversation with them.

"The 28th I was on the phone with him in the morning for an hour and 25 minutes," said Richard, Rumplik's father.

According to his family, Rumplik is in frail health and suffers from several health issues including a battle with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and kidney failure. They said he is currently in psychosis and he is need of medication. His family said he was in and out of the local hospitals often identified as "John Doe" after he had lost his identification before receiving another one.

"He was John Doe'd so he could maybe not even know who he is. As I'm out there screaming, he may not even know he is Anthony," said Marlo.

That screaming Marlo is referring to is from when she held a search for him in the South Macon neighborhood on the second weekend in January.

"He was there all of the time, around there, because he walked to the closest convenience store," said his father.

She said she has one message for the community.

"If anybody with any tips on his whereabouts or his remains, anything that leads us to him-- $100 reward; just lead me to my brother so I can find him," said Marlo.

Poor guy, he was an easy target. But I dont know why someone would want to hurt him.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's pretty morbid of the family to put out publicly that they need to either find him or make funeral arrangements . And they keep mentioning it throughout the article.

The fact that the ladder was still on the side of the house and the door was left open tells me that he did this to himself, but what a horrific way to go. Positional Asphyxiation takes a while and is painful as is starvation and it was either one of those CODs, I'm sure.

How tragic for this man
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information