Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 dead, 18 injured at Colorado Springs nightclub massacre

5 dead, 18 injured at Colorado Springs nightclub massacre

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...y-patrons.html

A 22-year-old gunman opened fire in a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, killing five people and injuring 18 before he was subdued by “heroic” patrons and arrested by police who arrived on the scene within about five minutes, police said Sunday.

Two firearms, including a “long rifle,” were found at the scene at Club Q, said Colorado Springs Police Department Chief Adrian Vasquez.

“At least two heroic people” confronted the gunman and stopped the shooting, the chief said, adding: “We owe them a great debt of thanks.”
    Thank God those 2 people intervened.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...y-patrons.html

Thank God those 2 people intervened.
    Yes, it could have easily been another Pulse Nightclub tragedy. Not that this isn't horrific, just lower numbers.

They won't say what the motive was which is code for "This is obviously a hate crime but we aren't going to call it that yet".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yes, it could have easily been another Pulse Nightclub tragedy. Not that this isn't horrific, just lower numbers.

They won't say what the motive was which is code for "This is obviously a hate crime but we aren't going to call it that yet".
    It's a hate crime for sure. Probably some MAGA fucker who can't come to terms with his own sexuality.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/

Anderson Lee Aldrich is the 22-year-old suspect accused of perpetrating a mass shooting at Club Q, a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The November 19, 2022, left five dead and 25 injured.

The active-shooter burst into the nightclub with a long rifle and opened fire inside just before midnight, Colorado Springs Police Lieutenant Pamela Castro said in an early morning news conference on November 20. Aldrich was subdued by heroic patrons, who were credited with saving lives, Castro said.

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California. Voepel represents the 71st district in the San Diego area. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich?s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father.

?This is Lexington and Concord. First shots fired against tyranny,? Randy Voepel, who was defeated in a Republican primary in August 2022, said in a San Diego Union-Tribune article three days after January 6. ?Tyranny will follow in the aftermath of the Biden swear-in on January 20th.? According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Voepel ?later tweeted that he condemned violence and lawlessness.? Voepel and his office did not immediately respond to requests for comments from Heavy.

Aldrich was arrested in 2021 after his mother reported to police he was threatening to harm her with a homemade bomb and multiple weapons, according to the El Paso County Sheriff?s Office. He was arrested after a standoff and charged with six felonies. But he was not prosecuted, records show. The El Paso County district attorney has not commented on why the case was dropped.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Aldrich was arrested in 2021 after his mother reported to police he was threatening to harm her with a homemade bomb and multiple weapons, according to the El Paso County Sheriff?s Office. He was arrested after a standoff and charged with six felonies. But he was not prosecuted, records show. The El Paso County district attorney has not commented on why the case was dropped.
    I can make a pretty good guess on why it was dropped. Grandpa called in a favor with some DA.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    The MAGA people are absolutely insane and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I can make a pretty good guess on why it was dropped. Grandpa called in a favor with some DA.
    If he would have been prosecuted this probably wouldnt have happened. I hope the grandpa feels bad about that, but he probably doesnt.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Cops were looking for shooter's mother a month ago to check on her welfare.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/20/u...t-charges.html

See link above

Leslie Bowman said in an interview that the frightening 2021 incident took place at her home, where she had been renting a spare room to Mr. Aldrich?s mother, Laura Voepel. Ms. Bowman said she was away from the house during the 2021 incident.

?His mom had called me and said, ?Don?t come home right now, there are some people looking for Andy,?? Ms. Bowman recalled, using Mr. Aldrich?s nickname.

Two days after the incident, Ms. Bowman arranged to have Ms. Voepel move out of her home. ?Once she was gone, I changed the code on the door, and I never saw or heard from her again,? Ms. Bowman said.

But about a month ago, she said, the police visited Ms. Bowman and said they were looking for Ms. Voepel to check on her welfare, though Ms. Bowman did not know why.

Ms. Bowman said she believed that Mr. Aldrich had been living nearby in a house with his grandparents while Ms. Voepel was renting the room. He would sometimes visit his mother and watch movies with her.

Ms. Bowman also remembered that Mr. Aldrich appeared to have an ?aggressive side,? and recalled one instance in which his mother had a complaint about a repair issue in the bathroom. Mr. Aldrich slammed a door in Ms. Bowman?s face in anger over the incident, she said.

On Sunday, after the shooting, Ms. Bowman was left wondering why Mr. Aldrich may have been at large and able to get hold of a rifle, if he had been accused of the bomb threat.

?Why is he not in jail, after that happening?? Ms. Bowman asked. ?After that initial day, police never reached out to me for additional information. I?m a Second Amendment supporter, don?t get me wrong. But for him to be out there, and have access to weapons after that incident, I don?t understand it.?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Cops were looking for shooter's mother a month ago to check on her welfare.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/20/u...t-charges.html
    There is a paywall for me ~ was she missing for a period of time or something?

There's a Heavy for the mother
    Laura Voepel: Anderson Aldrich?s Mother: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

She claims to be a MENSA member.
    Well, of course. She's made such smart decisions!

In one post in July 2021, she asked for help finding a criminal defense attorney, ?Hello Sisters. Does anyone know of a fantastic defense attorney? I ask this with a heavy heart but my family really needs some help at this time. We have cash to retain good counsel. Thank you.? Her post about needing a criminal defense attorney came just after her son was arrested.
    In February 2022, she wrote, ?Hello Sisters. Can anyone please recommend a great trauma/ptsd therapist?? and indicated it was for a 21-year-old, which Aldrich then was. She asked in May 2022, ?Can anybody refer my son to a private boxing coach? He?s 6?6? tall and hits like a freight train. Cannot find a good gym or anyone serious. He has made huge life changes and needs this!?

Mother's fb
    https://www.facebook.com/Laura.voepel

I'm not let down by the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Mother's fb
    https://www.facebook.com/Laura.voepel

I'm not let down by the comments.
    Please share. Not everyone has fb or ever wants to log on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Please share. Not everyone has fb or ever wants to log on there.
    Okay. Well, for starters, there's another son, 15, who does not live with the mother and hasn't for quite some time, since he was maybe toddler age. All the pics she posts publicly of this kid are old. I wonder if the killer son assaulted his baby brother and the bio dad got custody? It's never really explained but in one post, she says she believes God will reunite them again. Some ppl thought the other son is dead but I don't think so. He's just not there. There's no "RIP" anywhere.

She posts kinda strange. Almost like she's a teen or much younger than she is.
    There's almost no pics of the killer son.

Under a pic of her dog:
    "Did you raise your dog to be a fascist as well?"
    "I hope they arrest you as an accomplice and you have your dog taken from you."

Various comments to her posts:
    "Is that the church where your son was radicalized?"
    "Stop pretending like you are a Christian. It's insulting to the character of Christ."
    "What's the job? Raising a domestic terrorist?"
    "Hello, Congrats on helping daddy groom your bigot mass murderer son. For the accomplice and mother of a terrorist mass murderer?"
    "You're gonna miss your son while he rots in prison"
    "WTF did you buy him a ghillie suit for. You are just as idiotic as he is. It?s hard to believe you?re in Mensa"
    "You should have been spayed? For the accomplice and mother of a terrorist mass murderer?"

Newest post is just a pic of her in a bowling alley

and the Sisters Latter-Day Saints fb group kicked her out. Her posts are no longer there.

The maga grandfather is lying now and getting his aide to tell ppl he hasn't seen his killer grandson in a decade and isn't in contact with "that side."
    RUBBISH
    Read it in some article, can't find it now.

Club Q suspect's mother had a past of her own

The mother of Anderson Lee Aldrich, the suspect in the Club Q shooting, has three outstanding warrants for her arrest out of California and an arson charge out of Bexar County, Texas (San Antonio).

That arson charge was reduced to a lesser charge.

Laura Lea Voepel, 45, was sentenced to five years of probation in Aug. 2013 and did not complete the probation terms, which were set to expire Aug. 2018, according to court records obtained by The Gazette.

?At the end of the day, the District Attorney made an offer of criminal mischief and probation,? said her court-appointed attorney, James Oltersdorf.

Oltersdorf said he never heard again from Voepel after he represented her.

Records show that Voepel is Aldrich?s mother. It is unclear whether he lived with her while he was in Colorado. On June 18, 2021, she called El Paso County Sheriff's at 1:56 p.m. to report a bomb threat at the 9800 block of Rubicon Drive, according to an El Paso County Sheriff's press release.

Voepel told authorities that her son was threatening to hurt her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition. The release said that Anderson Lee Aldrich was around a mile away from the Rubicon Drive address and that when deputies called him, he refused to surrender, the release said.

Police evacuated the area and Aldrich walked out of the door at 5:46 p.m., four hours after the initial call, El Paso County Sheriff's said.

Relatives who wished not to be identified said that the incident started when Aldrich found out that his maternal grandparents were going to move from Colorado to Florida.
    There are three warrants open in three of four cases on Voepel?s California criminal record, according to Riverside County court documents.

Records show that Voepel was arrested in 2008 for false reporting, in 2010 for speeding and failure to appear, and in 2011 for driving under the influence. In 2008, she was arrested in Riverside for public intoxication and failure to appear, but that case was closed.
    And that could be why she lost custody of kid #2.

That whole family is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He legally changed his name at 15 due to online bullying and the grandparents (don't know which ones but we can guess) signed off on it. His birth name was Nicholas Brink
    Here's the online bullying:
    https://encyclopediadramatica.online/Anderson_Lee_Aldrich

That whole family is a mess.
    Indeed.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Please throw this maggot dicked little shit under the jail, right alongside his white trash mom. Lock them up and keep them for a trial sometime after 2025.

The whole fucking family is trash. Jeezus.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Shout out to the other baby daddy who took the other son and booked it. Can't find a thing on them.

Thread Information