Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Election 2024 - Let's talk about the candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Fourth time denied for McCarthy in the House. What a shit show

Definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm DYING

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://nypost.com/2023/01/07/kevin-...the-civil-war/

At long last, a battle for House speaker not seen since the mid-19th century ended Friday night when Kevin McCarthy peeled off enough Republican holdouts on the 15th ballot to end the four-day marathon contest.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    https://nypost.com/2023/01/07/kevin-...the-civil-war/

At long last, a battle for House speaker not seen since the mid-19th century ended Friday night when Kevin McCarthy peeled off enough Republican holdouts on the 15th ballot to end the four-day marathon contest.
    The damage had already been done. We get to sit back and watch the show now.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Election 2024 - Let's talk about the candidates

A damning opinion piece on Biden that was just published by the Washington Post. You have to pay to view, so I have tried to provide the most interesting points.

Forget about a second term. Is Biden fit to be president right now?

Special counsel Robert K. Hur, in a devastating 345-page report on his investigation into President Biden's mishandling of classified documents, concludes that Biden "willfully retained and disclosed classified materials." But that is not his report's real bombshell. Far more damaging is the picture it paints, in explaining Hurs's decision not to prosecute, of Biden as suffering from 'diminished faculties' and 'significant limitations' on his memory. So much so, the report says, that jurors would be unlikely to convict Biden because they would find him 'a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.'

Most of us can judge Biden's mental fitness only by his many struggles in public appearances - most recently forgetting the name 'Hamas' while trying for about 30 painful seconds to articulate the state of hostage negotiations, referring to his recent meeting with a French president who died in 1996, and claiming to have discussed the Capitol riot with German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who died nearly four years before it took place.

The special counsel office's report draws back the curtain and shows us. Based on its review of dozens of hours of recorded conversations between Biden, his ghostwriter, Mark Zwonitzer, and 'on our direct interactions with and observations of him' during interviews with Justice Department lawyers, a deeply troubling picture emerges a man who at times seems incapable to conducting basic conversations.

The recorded conversations with the ghostwriter 'are often painfully slow, with Mr. Biden struggling to remember events and straining at times to read and relay his own notebook entries.'

"In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden's memory was worse," Hur continues. Biden"did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President??"), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ("in 2009, am I still Vice President??"). He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died."

Biden's news conference Thursday, in which he angrily defended his mental acuity ("I'm well-meaning, and I'm an elderly man, and I know what the hell I'm doing") only made things worse. He referred to President Abdel Fatah El-Sisi of Egypt as the 'president of Mexico' and claimed the special counsel never said that he shared classified information when Hur's report said he 'disclosed classified materials.'

The president's closest aides protect him, and foreign leaders wouldn't publicly reveal any concerns about their discussions with him, for fear of damaging relations with the United States. But the special counsel has shown us Biden behind the scenes. If the president is 'struggling to remember events' during his 'painfully slow' interactions with others, how can he effectively conduct diplomacy or make decisions on matters of peace and security?

There are wars raging in Europe and the Middle East; U.S. forces are under attack in Iraq, Syria and the Red Sea; the risk of war in the Pacific is growing; and rising numbers of people on the FBI's terrorist watch list are trying to slip into the United States by illegally crossing the southern border. And apparently the commander in chief dealing with these overlapping crises is a 'well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.'

We're now beyond concern about whether Biden is fit to serve a second term; we should be concerned about whether he is fit to finish his first.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-biden-memory/
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 02-12-2024 at 06:22 AM.

https://www.newsweek.com/stop-talkin...pinion-1853741

Stop Talking About Biden's Mental Acuity. Start Talking About Trump's Signs of Dementia

On Saturday, during a campaign speech in Durham, New Hampshire, Donald Trump invoked Vladimir Putin (of all people) as proof that he's being persecuted: "Putin says that Biden's?and this is a quote?politically motivated persecution of his political rival is very good for Russia, because it shows the rottenness of the American political system, which cannot pretend to teach others about democracy."

Some commentators see this and other Trump assertions about being persecuted as calculated efforts to fuel his base. But what if Trump really thinks he's being persecuted? What if he has a persecution complex? What if he believes his paranoid fantasies?

Trump is not facing nearly the same scrutiny for his age as is Joe Biden, yet Trump should be?especially as to increasing signs of dementia.

Biden is sane. He's getting major bills passed. He's negotiating with world leaders.

But Trump, who has a family history of dementia, is increasingly incoherent and unhinged.

He has confused Biden with Obama so often that he's had to put out a statement that the slips have been intentional. In September, Trump suggested that the way to prevent wildfires in California's forest lands is to keep them damp. Here are his exact words: "They say that there's so much water up north that I want to have the overflow areas go into your forests and dampen your forests, because if you dampen your forests you're not gonna have these forest fires that are burning at levels that nobody's ever seen."

He also said that under his administration, shoplifters would be subject to extrajudicial execution: "We will immediately stop all the pillaging and theft. Very simply, if you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store."

In October, Trump warned his supporters that Biden will lead America into World War Two. He has also claimed that Hezbollah, the Iranian-backed militant group, is "very smart." That whales are being killed by windmills. That he won all 50 states in 2020. That he defeated Barack Obama in 2016. That the outgoing chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be executed. That MSNBC's parent company is guilty of treason, and will "pay." And that he will only be a dictator on "Day 1" of a new term.

The most telling evidence of Trump's growing dementia is found in his paranoid thirst for revenge, on which he is now centering his entire campaign. On November 11, he pledged to a crowd of supporters in Claremont, New Hampshire, that, "We will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country, that lie and steal and cheat on elections and will do anything possible?they'll do anything, whether legally or illegally, to destroy America and to destroy the American dream."

Are these the words of a sane person? Or of an aging paranoid megalomaniac? Even if it's unclear to which category Trump belongs, shouldn't this question be central to the coverage of his campaign for reelection?

When I've asked members of the media why they're not covering the increasing signs of Trump's dementia, they say it's "old news." After all, back in 2017, 27 psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals concluded in The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump that Trump's mental health posed a "clear and present danger" to the nation.

Members of Trump's own Cabinet, horrified by the January 6, 2021, violence at the Capitol and Trump's lack of urgency in stopping it, discussed whether to invoke the the 25th Amendment to remove him from office due to mental incompetence.
    So this is Reagan all over again no matter what we do. But hopefully we go for the one that doesn't cause the US to become a dictatorship.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-09-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Trump 2024. I cannot wait! There is NO WAY he loses to Biden. No muthafuckn way.

Bye Bye Haley go sit your ass down somewhere. Trump is boss of this party!

Trump 2024...!!!

I was recently somewhere I go often, doing what I do often and was listening to two people discussing the shit stain that is ex-president Trump and his campaign of crimes. One of the people, a sweet tiny old lady w/ gumption, said that sadly to her the only way that this wave of trumpstain will end will be w/ someone as unhinged as he is, taking him out. I'm not saying she's right or wrong, I'm not saying I would ever wish for a death, I'm just saying this tiny lady who will step around a bug rather than squish it actually said that. And all the heads in the room sadly nodded yes. Including mine. I'm not a strict ridin' w/ Biden-er or a scarily rabid Trump-er, I'm an American and not stupid and I could see that she was right.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I was recently somewhere I go often, doing what I do often and was listening to two people discussing the shit stain that is ex-president Trump and his campaign of crimes. One of the people, a sweet tiny old lady w/ gumption, said that sadly to her the only way that this wave of trumpstain will end will be w/ someone as unhinged as he is, taking him out. I'm not saying she's right or wrong, I'm not saying I would ever wish for a death, I'm just saying this tiny lady who will step around a bug rather than squish it actually said that. And all the heads in the room sadly nodded yes. Including mine. I'm not a strict ridin' w/ Biden-er or a scarily rabid Trump-er, I'm an American and not stupid and I could see that she was right.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I get what she is saying. Short of him dying, it doesn't appear there is anything that can stop him. I just don't understand why we can't have younger, mentally stable candidates to select from.

You got me cracking up with the shit stain & trumpstain. Reminds me of that comedian rapaport he calls him dick stain lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I get what she is saying. Short of him dying, it doesn't appear there is anything that can stop him. I just don't understand why we can't have younger, mentally stable candidates to select from.
    I agree. And after this presidential election I hope that at least one party looks to find candidates who are younger, more even handed, and not in the case of one party bat shit crazy and highly criminal.
    There are a few on the Democrat's side who would be good candidates in the future. We need to focus more on them in the "off season"

Of the two running for POTUS now I can only see one deserving of my vote. I would prefer a younger option but w/ what I have to choose from the decision is not difficult. I'll take seasoned and sane over self-serving, criminal to the core and bat shit crazy, any old day.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Unfortunately, It won't matter if he dies. His ideology is sadly here to stay. The barn door is open and the horses are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Unfortunately, It won't matter if he dies. His ideology is sadly here to stay. The barn door is open and the horses are long gone.
    The barn is foreclosed on and he sold the horses to pay off his straw bill.

No matter where I move, Im next to Trump flag. God dammit Cincinnati.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Isn't that state part of the bible belt? If so I think that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    We've noticed two types of Trump flag fliers here. One who seems to have forgotten it's even up so it's tattered and torn and really only reads "Tr p" and the other who figures if you can have 1 trump flag why not have 20. We've noticed a decline in yard signs except in the poorer towns and villages. That in itself boggles the mind. Can't afford to survive some months but why not spend a couple hundred on flags. I only hope they aren't sending him even more $$ they can ill afford to send. I'd hate to see more evictions or children in need because their parental units decided a self proclaimed multi millionaire needed their food and heat money more than their kids did.

There is a house I pass by every day, and he not only has flags at his house but he has them attached to his stupid oversized truck. And this is what makes me mad: they say "Fuck Biden." I am all for supporting who you want, but why not just put up a trump flag? Why do you have to put something up that spreads hate? Not to mention there is a school down the street and kids have to walk past it. So inappropriate.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The same celebrity liberals who said they were leaving the country in 2016 are up to the same old lies, they are leaving in 2024 when Trump wins. When, not if! Biden has no chance! None.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    The same celebrity liberals who said they were leaving the country in 2016 are up to the same old lies, they are leaving in 2024 when Trump wins. When, not if! Biden has no chance! None.

I think you like stirring the pot and getting people to argue with you so I'll leave you to it!

I think you like stirring the pot and getting people to argue with you so I'll leave you to it!
    There's no need to argue about anything. Like its been said here before everyone has their choice who to vote for and thats perfectly fine, arguing solves/proves nothing. There's also nothing wrong with rooting for your canidate, I believe everyone here is Biden you haven't seen me say anything to anyone about their choice!

Hopefully Rosie Odonnell & Whoopi Goldberg are the first two on the plane out of the country.

There is a house I pass by every day, and he not only has flags at his house but he has them attached to his stupid oversized truck. And this is what makes me mad: they say "Fuck Biden." I am all for supporting who you want, but why not just put up a trump flag? Why do you have to put something up that spreads hate? Not to mention there is a school down the street and kids have to walk past it. So inappropriate.
    These are the same douche tools that clutched their pearls when Burger King had the word "damn" in one of their commercials, and said that because they were Christian Trumpies they were going to save the children from scandalous things such as that. Then they put up these kind of things. Huge dumb hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    These are the same douche tools that clutched their pearls when Burger King had the word "damn" in one of their commercials, and said that because they were Christian Trumpies they were going to save the children from scandalous things such as that. Then they put up these kind of things. Huge dumb hypocrites.
    That's so stupid. No one even sensors the word "damn" on TV or radio. I'll say "damn" in front of my grandma, but I won't say "fuck"

That's so stupid. No one even sensors the word "damn" on TV or radio. I'll say "damn" in front of my grandma, but I won't say "fuck"
    You know how they are. They want to control everyone else while doing whatever they want. If they can tell you how much more Christian they are than you, even better.

Thread Information