Thread: Abigail Marie "Abby" Denning (13) died in an ATV accident

Abigail Marie "Abby" Denning (13) died in an ATV accident

Obituary:

https://www.schmitzfuneralhomes.com/...g?obId=3122237

Abigail Marie ?Abby? Denning, 13, of Houghton, Iowa, passed away at 10:11 a.m. Sunday, June 24, 2018 at the Henry County Health Center in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa... Abby was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church where she enjoyed being an altar server. Abby was a member of the Busy Workers 4-H Club and recently completed the 7th grade at Holy Trinity Catholic Schools where she was active in the student council, band, chess club, basketball and volleyball. She enjoyed babysitting, playing with her siblings, boating, swimming, bike riding and taking walks with her family. Most of all, Abby loved to take care of people, especially babies and little children including Jonah, Brady and Claire. She loved her dogs and enjoyed walking and playing with them. Abby was a ray of sunshine, beautiful, sweet, loving, very creative and caring. She was always helpful with cleaning or organizing whether at home or babysitting. Abby was an all around genuine kid!

https://www.pencitycurrent.com/stori...r-shelter,5443

Denning died as a result of an ATV accident near Pilot Grove on June 23, two weeks before the 2018 Lee County Fair.

Abby's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adenning1036/
    Mom's FB: https://www.facebook.com/tricia.scharpmandenning

This is so sad. She was so young.

I fucking hate ATV's. I refuse to ride on one. My husband took a quick turn on one, it flipped over on him, but he was okay. Dumbass.

ETA: Im not saying the deceased was dumb, just my husband. Its very easy to get in an accident on those things.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-01-2022 at 10:58 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    She was just a baby.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Okay, for everyone who comes to this thread, here is why ATVs are a bad fucking idea:

We get it, you live in the country. You need a work vehicle but not another truck. Quads are great for hauling, mudding, fishing, all kinds of stuff, even just tooling around the property. You think they're safe because "FOUR WHEELS" RIGHT?

NO.

These things are deathtraps because they are powerful, heavy, and have a higher center of gravity which makes them unstable at speed. Their weight is a disadvantage because, in many incidents leading to rollovers, the weight comes down directly on the victims, victims of all ages.

I've seen way too many injuries attributed to ATVs like this, but use of these is so high, especially here. These are dangerous, even to experienced users. In motorcycle accidents (dirtbikes), the rider falls or flies away from the bike. In the dirt/grass, it is almost never fatal. Because of the nature of the ATV, it's size, speed, and instability, things can go from bad to worse to fatal in the blink of an eye.

Poor kid. It's been four years. I can't imagine what her family has been through.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is tragic and shouldn't have happened.

Maybe it's because of posting slowing down here, but I remember a few years ago that there were a SLEW of ATV deaths on here. These machines are deadly and aren't treated as seriously as they should be. There's no seatbelts, nothing enclosed to take the brunt of a collision or rollover and nine times out of ten nobody wears a helmet or protective gear. They're no different than a motorcycle and you're literally driving it over rough terrain on purpose. And if people think that pavement is the only thing that can kill you, they're wrong. In addition, you have kids as young as 5 riding these fucking things with zero protection from rocks, trees and the ATV itself. One of these fuckers rolls on top of you and it's curtains for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I broke my leg in high school because my friend drove the ATV we were on in to a tree. First and last time ever being on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I broke my leg in high school because my friend drove the ATV we were on in to a tree. First and last time ever being on one.
    SO dangerous and not thought of twice about it. I'm thankful that it was only a broken leg and you're a smart cookie for leaving it at that
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information