Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: actress adrienne shelly is dead.

actress adrienne shelly is dead.

from the new york post:

INDIE-FILM STAR 'SUICIDE' STUNNER
    HUBBY FINDS GAL, 40, HANGED IN VILLAGE APT.
    By PHILIP MESSING, MARK BULLIET and DAN MANGAN

November 3, 2006 -- The body of a beautiful, talented actress was found hanging from a shower rod in the bathtub of a Greenwich Village apartment by her horrified husband, who cried out, "Why? Why?" cops and witnesses said.

Adrienne Shelly, 40, who was also a director and screenwriter, apparently killed herself, cops said, but added they're examining some mysterious aspects of the case.

In a shockingly prophetic interview, Shelly told a magazine in 1996 how her father rebuffed talent agents hoping to sign her up as a child actress by telling them, "I will not have my daughter jumping out of a window when she's 30."

And in 2002, she told an interviewer she had "gone through life with this feeling that life could end at any given moment," adding she would not accept delays in producing her film projects "because in my way of thinking, I might not live another seven years."

Shelly, who appeared earlier this year in the film "Factotum," starring Matt Dillon, was on the verge of releasing her latest directorial effort, a film called "Waitress," when she died Wednesday.

The petite blonde, who was born Adrienne Levine, was best known for her deadpan comic delivery and early lead roles in two Hal Hartley-directed films set on her native Long Island - "The Unbelievable Truth" and "Trust," both cult classics.

Law-enforcement sources said they are inclined to believe Shelly's death - which for now remains unclassified by the medical examiner - was a suicide, noting there was no sign of struggle or forced entry in the fourth-floor apartment.

But she left no note and cops were investigating sneaker prints in the bathtub that did not match Shelly's shoes.

A TriBeCa resident who used the Village apartment as an office, Shelley had a 3-year-old daughter named Sophie. In recent months, she spoke of her hopes to have another child with her marketing-executive husband, Andrew Ostroy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

Re: actress adrienne shelly is dead.

Never heard of her...  :|

Me neither.

[quote author=holly link=topic=2772.msg97689#msg97689 date=1162598273]
    Never heard of her...  :|
    [/quote]
    Ditto.  :?

Double ditto.....maybe it's cause I'm english <shrug>
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

never heard of her either

hopefully this will be that big break she was looking for.

Who is she?

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=2772.msg99225#msg99225 date=1162776372]
    Who is she?
    [/quote]

No one knows!  Maybe that's why she killed herself...  :|

:-P

I think she looks like Mischa? Barton.  That O.C. girl

On the news today it was reported that it wasnt suicide,someone had murderd her

wow, someone lynched her? what century is this?

:|

Brooklyn Man Charged With Murdering Actress

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK Prosecutors have charged a man with murdering actress Adrienne Shelly, who was found hanging from a shower rod in her West Village office last Wednesday, CBS 2 News has learned. Sources tell CBS 2's Ti-Hua Chang a construction worker has allegedly confessed to the crime.

Police have charged 19-year-old Diego Pillco, of the 300-block of Prospect Avenue in Brooklyn, with second degree murder.

Sources tell CBS 2's Ti-Hua Chang that Pillco, a construction worker, apparently confessed to the crime.

Pillco allegedly punched the 5-foot-2 actress after she complained about the noise he was making in the West Village apartment building where her office is located, killing her.

He then allegedly admitted to dragging the body up to her office, and positioning her in the shower to make her death look like a suicide.

The medical examiner's office had not yet ruled whether the death of the petite actress best known for her roles in the Hal Hartley films "Trust" and "The Unbelievable Truth" was a homicide or a suicide.

Police had been hesitant to label the case a suicide after no suicide note was found and sneaker prints that didn't match Shelly's shoes were found in the bathtub.

Shelly, whose birth name was Adrienne Levine, was found by her husband, Andy Ostoy, Wednesday evening hanging from a shower rod in the bathtub of a Greenwich Village apartment which she uses as her office.

Shelly, who was born in Queens and grew up on Long Island, also had a 3-year-old daughter Sophie.

(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

One of my friends who lives in NYC said Adrienne Shelly was absolutely tiny, definitely under 100 libs. Sounds like this guy had a short fuse, clocked her one, and she bashed her head or something.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

She can still play a very convincing corpse.

[quote author=dirt link=topic=2772.msg99213#msg99213 date=1162774611]
    hopefully this will be that big break she was looking for.
    [/quote]

Neck, not Hollywood... right?&nbsp; :roll:

Turns out some dirty illegal killed her.

The reason no one here seems to recognize her is she was an &quot;indie&quot; actress. There is a world of film outside of that Hollywood shit everyone seems to love. I liked her work a lot in Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me and Revolution #9. Never saw the Hartley films she did, so I guess I'll add them to my rent list.

It's sad she was killed. RIP.
    &quot;That&#039;s the kind of woolly-headed liberal thinking that leads to being eaten.&quot;

[quote author=borednow link=topic=2772.msg100755#msg100755 date=1162923003]
    The reason no one here seems to recognize her is she was an &quot;indie&quot; actress. There is a world of film outside of that Hollywood shit everyone seems to love.
    [/quote]

thank you for summing that up nicer than i could have.

yes! rent &quot;trust&quot; and &quot;the unbelievable truth&quot;. shortly after i stumbled upon trust in the mid-90s, i made everyone i knew watch it because i loved it so much.

she was complaining about the noise coming from next door...makes me think i have to arm myself the next time my neighbor decides to plug in his amp and start rocking at 8:30 am on a sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

[quote author=MartiniM link=topic=2772.msg100229#msg100229 date=1162870420]
    Brooklyn Man Charged With Murdering Actress

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK Prosecutors have charged a man with murdering actress Adrienne Shelly, who was found hanging from a shower rod in her West Village office last Wednesday, CBS 2 News has learned. Sources tell CBS 2's Ti-Hua Chang a construction worker has allegedly confessed to the crime.

Police have charged 19-year-old Diego Pillco, of the 300-block of Prospect Avenue in Brooklyn, with second degree murder.

Sources tell CBS 2's Ti-Hua Chang that Pillco, a construction worker, apparently confessed to the crime.

Pillco allegedly punched the 5-foot-2 actress after she complained about the noise he was making in the West Village apartment building where her office is located, killing her.

He then allegedly admitted to dragging the body up to her office, and positioning her in the shower to make her death look like a suicide.

The medical examiner's office had not yet ruled whether the death of the petite actress best known for her roles in the Hal Hartley films &quot;Trust&quot; and &quot;The Unbelievable Truth&quot; was a homicide or a suicide.

Police had been hesitant to label the case a suicide after no suicide note was found and sneaker prints that didn't match Shelly's shoes were found in the bathtub.

Shelly, whose birth name was Adrienne Levine, was found by her husband, Andy Ostoy, Wednesday evening hanging from a shower rod in the bathtub of a Greenwich Village apartment which she uses as her office.

Shelly, who was born in Queens and grew up on Long Island, also had a 3-year-old daughter Sophie.

(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

One of my friends who lives in NYC said Adrienne Shelly was absolutely tiny, definitely under 100 libs. Sounds like this guy had a short fuse, clocked her one, and she bashed her head or something.
    [/quote]

How sad for this poor little child to lose her mom.
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

I heard that the ILLEGAL immigrant killed her b/c she complained about the noise,and he thought he was going to be deported if she complained.

Well asshole,you SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN HERE ILLEGALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE

Interesting that she seemed to know she would never live to a ripe old age....

RIP Adrienne Shelly

the world needs more actors.
    this is a real shame.

[quote author=Bumcake link=topic=2772.msg100378#msg100378 date=1162889350]
    Turns out some dirty illegal killed her.
    [/quote]

woah!!

[quote author=Apathetic link=topic=2772.msg101038#msg101038 date=1162940672]
    I heard that the ILLEGAL immigrant killed her b/c she complained about the noise,and he thought he was going to be deported if she complained.

Well asshole,you SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN HERE ILLEGALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE
    [/quote]

More like... if you're staying in a country illegally, you'd better fucking stay out of trouble (i.e. killing people)... right, instead of keeping his head low, he goes and kills her. What the hell did he think would happen? He'd punch her, she'd live and he could go on under the radar?

How it really happened has a new episode on this story. Horrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information