Thread: Six charged in murder of Preston Lord (16) who died 10/30/23 after Halloween Party

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Six charged in murder of Preston Lord (16) who died 10/30/23 after Halloween Party

This case is frustrating...primarily because the potential suspects are affluent teens in the area known as the "Gilbert Goons". Though charges are hopefully going to happen, no one has been arrested yet. Note, it has been the community who identified and reported the potential culpability of the gang after they posted videos on SM of their own, other attacks...and it has been the community who continues to push for arrests. Again, nothing has been formally done yet because the parents are powerful business owners it the area.

Queen Creek, Arizona police are seeking criminal charges against seven "adults and juveniles" in the beating death of 16-year-old Preston Lord.

The criminal referrals come two months to the day after Lord was attacked and left lying in the street during a Halloween party in an upscale Queen Creek neighborhood. He died two days later, on Oct. 30.

Parents, students and activists in Gilbert, Queen Creek and San Tan Valley say Lord was the victim of a gang of affluent teenagers known as the "Gilbert Goons."

An investigation by The Arizona Republic found the Goons recorded themselves carrying out random assaults in mall parking lots, outside fast-food restaurants, at parks and at house parties. The Goons had engaged in a string of blitz-style attacks on other teens in the southeast Valley for more than a year, according to interviews, court and police records, and social media posts.

Gilbert, which in early December publicized its ranking as the second-safest big city in the U.S., was a hub for Goons' attacks, according to reports by victims and their families. But Gilbert police never connected the assaults, even those in the same location, to the Goons or any other group.

Lord was a popular student at Combs High School in nearby San Tan Valley, where he served on the student council and played basketball, football and golf.

The response to his death grew from grief to frustration, even outrage, that no arrests were made. As part of a grassroots movement called #Justice4Preston, community members staged a 2-mile march in November and increasingly demanded answers from town officials.

Full article here: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...h/72052418007/

GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/preston-lord

FB page for vocal community member who continues to push for something to be done: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085106085090

Poor kid. I hope they catch these little fuckers.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Poor kid. I hope they catch these little fuckers.
    I know. And there is talk that the charges include adults; possibly parents. It will be interesting.

An Arizona high school football star has pleaded not guilty after his father was accused of trying to help him cover up the murder of 16-year-old Preston Lord.

Seven young men including Talan Renner, 17, have been charged in the brutal killing of Lord, who was found critically injured on Queen Creek road, outside Phoenix, after being attacked at a Halloween party in October.

Talan and five other suspects - Dominic Turner, 20, Talyn Vigil, 19, Taylor Sherman, 19 and Jacob Meisner, 17 - appeared in court on Wednesday and all pleaded not guilty in the murder. They are all charged as adults.

William Hines, 18, did not appear in court after he reportedly refused to be transferred to face a judge but also entered a plea of not guilty, as reported by ABC 15. The seventh suspect, Treston Billey, 18, is expected to appear in court on Thursday.

Phoenix police had to apologize this week after Talan's parents Becky and Travis Renner received special valet parking services from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office cops - who drove their Tesla straight to the back exit of the Durango Juvenile Court so they could avoid journalists.

Authorities took months to name the suspects, with enraged locals who demanded justice and claimed the young boys' powerful families were preventing justice from being served.
    Ashley Reynolds, who worked for Talan's father Travis Renner, has claimed she was an unwilling participant in a coverup that allegedly began as soon as Preston was critically injured.

The former employee at the media company told Arizona Republic that her bosses Renner and Adam Kifer, CEO of Relentless Media Agency, openly discussed their plans to hide evidence and shift blame on another boy with a 'similar name.'

Travis Renner and his business partner reportedly plotted to bring Talan to Show Low cabin until the injuries he sustained in the beating healed. Detectives recorded that Renner?s family had 'financial means to aid in fleeing to Mexico.'

The businessmen said the beating was part of some sort of initiation, as Talan wanted to participate in beatings like the ones carried out by the Goons, Reynolds said.
    The Renner home was raided by police in November, but Talan was not arrested until Wednesday.

Renner's other son Kyler has been charged in connection with two separate gang attacks at a parking garage and a house party in 2022.

Travis Renner was also arrested in January on suspicion of drug possession and paraphernalia charges while his son Kyler was taken into custody over the gang violence claims.

The father has not been charged with the alleged coverup.
    Full story here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ert-Goons.html
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 03-14-2024 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post

I hope there's a typo and the word "yet" is missing from the end that last sentence in the article.
    The family that crimes together, rots in jail for a long time together.. I hope
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I hope there's a typo and the word "yet" is missing from the end that last sentence in the article.
    The family that crimes together, rots in jail for a long time together.. I hope
    I hope so as well. It appears the family have been given special treatment throughout the investigation.

Thread Information