Thread: Canadian police: 10 dead, 15 injured from stabbings

Canadian police: 10 dead, 15 injured from stabbings

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2022/0...m_content=ksfy

Canadian police: 10 dead, 15 injured from stabbings; suspects at large

REGINA, Saskatchewan (AP) ? A series of stabbings in two communities in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan left 10 people dead and 15 wounded, authorities said Sunday. Police are looking for two suspects.

The stabbings took place in multiple locations on the James Smith Cree Nation and in the village of Weldon, northeast of Saskatoon, police said.

Rhonda Blackmore, the Assistant Commissioner of the RCMP Saskatchewan, said some of the victims appear to have been targeted by the suspects but others appear to have been attacked at random. She couldn?t provide a motive.

?It is horrific what has occurred in our province today,? Blackmore said.

She said there are 13 crime scenes where either deceased or injured people were found. She urged the suspects to turn themselves in.

Police said the last information they had from the public was that the suspects were sighted in Saskatchewan?s capital of Regina around lunchtime. There have been so sightings since.

?If in the Regina area, take precautions & consider sheltering in place. Do not leave a secure location. DO NOT APPROACH suspicious persons. Do not pick up hitch hikers. Report suspicious persons, emergencies or info to 9-1-1. Do not disclose police locations,? the RCMP said in a message on Twitter.

Doreen Lees, an 89-year grandmother from Weldon, said she and her daughter thought they saw one of the suspects when a car came barreling down her street early in the morning as her daughter was having coffee on her deck. Lees said a man approached them and said he was hurt and needed help.

But Lees said the man took off and ran after her daughter said she would call for help.

?He wouldn?t show his face. He had a big jacket over his face. We asked his name and he kind of mumbled his name twice and we still couldn?t get it,? she said. ?He said his face was injured so bad he couldn?t show it.?

She said the man was by himself and ?kind a little wobbly.?

?I followed him a little ways to see if he was going to be OK. My daughter said ?Don?t follow him, get back here.??

Weldon resident Diane Shier said she was in her garden Sunday morning when she noticed emergency crews a couple of blocks away.

Shier said her neighbor was killed. She did not want to identify the victim out of respect for his family.

?I am very upset because I lost a good neighbor,? she said.

The search for suspects was carried out as fans descended in Regina for a sold out annual Labor Day game between the Canadian Football League?s Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

The Regina Police Service said in a news release that with the help of Mounties, it was working on several fronts to locate and arrest the suspects and had ?deployed additional resources for public safety throughout the city, including the football game at Mosaic Stadium.?

The alert first issued by Melfort, Saskatchewan RCMP about 7 a.m. was extended hours later to cover Manitoba and Alberta, as the two suspects remained at large.

Damien Sanderson, 31, was described as five feet seven inches tall and 155 pounds, and Myles Sanderson, 30, as six-foot-one and 200 pounds. Both have black hair and brown eyes and may be driving a black Nissan Rogue.

The Saskatchewan Health Authority said multiple patients were being treated at several sites.

?A call for additional staff was issued to respond to the influx of casualties,? authority spokeswoman Anne Linemann said in an email.

Mark Oddan, a spokesman with STARS Air Ambulance, said two helicopters were dispatched from Saskatoon and another from Regina.

He said two carried patients to the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, while the third carried a patient to Royal University from a hospital in Melfort, a short distance southeast of Weldon.

Oddan said due to privacy laws, he could not disclose information about their ages, genders or conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This reminds of another story we have on here where two guys were killing random people up in Canada. I can't remember anything about it other than that, unfortunately. I think they found them both dead in the end.

ETA: I found it: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...nadian-Highway
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-04-2022 at 04:50 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-ne...b261b3e47febd2

One suspect found dead, the other remains at large, Canadian officials say
    So one killed the other? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Maybe it is because I am up early and only on my first cup of coffee, but this is confusing. So where were the people when they were stabbed? The one encounter with someone who ran up saying he was stabbed (daughter drinking coffee) and then ran off. Was that a victim or was that one of the perps? Gawd, help me to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Maybe it is because I am up early and only on my first cup of coffee, but this is confusing. So where were the people when they were stabbed? The one encounter with someone who ran up saying he was stabbed (daughter drinking coffee) and then ran off. Was that a victim or was that one of the perps? Gawd, help me to understand.
    LE statement:
    She said there are 13 crime scenes where either deceased or injured people were found. She urged the suspects to turn themselves in.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    LE statement:
    So absolutely bizarre!

Here is the Heavy article with additional details, including the two suspects.

https://heavy.com/news/damien-myles-...vNt_Ugx40TYI7k

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/s...-say-rcna46410

2nd suspect in fatal Canada stabbing spree dies after being taken into custody
    Hum, 'went into medical distress'. That is not sketchy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Hum, 'went into medical distress'. That is not sketchy at all.
    Tripped and fell and landed under someone's knee.

And in a way, I can see why. Canadian justice was unlikely to keep him off the streets forever. Not saying I approve of police "judge, jury and ex" but in this case...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Tripped and fell and landed under someone's knee.

And in a way, I can see why. Canadian justice was unlikely to keep him off the streets forever. Not saying I approve of police "judge, jury and ex" but in this case...
    This is exactly what I was thinking. They're taking a page out of the American Police playbook.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information