Thread: Gustavo Arnal (52) jumped to his death from the 18th floor of "Jenga" skyscraper.

Gustavo Arnal (52) jumped to his death from the 18th floor of "Jenga" skyscraper.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2022/0...WJM4T5rv-bdVu4

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GustavoA...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Gustavo Arnal, the chief financial officer of Bed Bath & Beyond, has died by suicide after jumping from a skyscraper in New York City, officials confirmed on Sunday, just days after the firm announced job cuts and store closures.

The incident happened at 12:30 p.m. on Friday when Arnal, who was 52, jumped from the 18th floor of 56 Leonard Street, the location of a skyscraper known as the Jenga Tower, in Manhattan. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Arnal joined Bed Bath & Beyond in 2020 and served as the firm?s executive vice president and chief financial officer. He previously worked at cosmetics company Avon, the holding company that owns Walgreens and Boots, and Procter & Gamble.

Arnal?s death came just two days after the firm announced that it plans to cut its workforce by 20 percent and close approximately 150 low-performing stores as part of an overhaul to improve its financial position.

Arnal sold 55,013 shares in the company last month, according to Reuters.

Bed Bath & Beyond?s stock price has tumbled from a peak of nearly $80 in 2013 to less than $9 when markets closed on Friday. In recent months it also became known as a meme stock, causing fluctuations in its price.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Distraught over the company's failings...or was there more to this?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Probably a combination of that and everything over the past few years. It hasn't been the same for anyone that was rich before the pandemic who also didn't profit off of it. Companies like Amazon went through the roof while places like Bed, Bath & Beyond floundered. The haves and have nots are shifting to being mega rich, slightly more than upper middle class and dead poor.

Welcome to the Oligarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    He was under investigation by the SEC for pumping and dumping stock. Apparently, they believe that he falsely inflated the value of his stock, sold a few million dollars worth at way more than it was worth then ...
    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/bed-bath...awsuit-suicide
    Bed Bath & Beyond CFO Gustavo Arnal faced $1.2B lawsuit before suicide
    Arnal was among the defendants named in a class-action suit that claims that he was among a group of stock traders who artificially inflated Bed Bath & Beyond's stock in what is called a 'pump and dump' scheme.

Arnal recently sold more than 50,000 shares when the stock was in the upper $30s a share. A short time later it plunged to less than $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    He was under investigation by the SEC for pumping and dumping stock. Apparently, they believe that he falsely inflated the value of his stock, sold a few million dollars worth at way more than it was worth then ...
    That makes sense. You can't go yachting in the Caribbean when you're in jail.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Ah, ok, that makes more sense.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    When I first heard of this, I felt so badly for him because of the failings of BBB. Now, knowing what he was doing, I don't. I feel bad for his wife (and children) who was in the apartment when he did it.

Thread Information