Thread: George Dodson II (23) allegedly killed his wife, Shelby (23), and attempted to kill their son (13m/o) because he was jealous over their open relationship agreement

George Dodson II (23) allegedly killed his wife, Shelby (23), and attempted to kill their son (13m/o) because he was jealous over their open relationship agreement

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-...ll-infant-son/

A 23-year-old Navy submarine technician has pleaded not guilty to charges he killed his wife with a hammer and set their house on fire in an attempt to kill their infant son.

Petty Officer 2nd Class George Dodson II waived his right to a probable cause hearing Monday and pleaded not guilty in Superior Court to charges including murder, attempted murder and arson in connection with the July 20 death of his wife, 23-year-old Shelby Dodson.

George Dodson told police he attacked his wife with a hammer and knife after becoming jealous over their agreement to have an open relationship, according to court documents. He told authorities he set fire to the home so he would not have to use the weapons on his 13-month-old son, police said.

Crime
    Submarine technician pleads not guilty to killing wife with hammer, setting fire in attempt to kill their infant son

August 16, 2022 / 9:34 AM / CBS/AP

A 23-year-old Navy submarine technician has pleaded not guilty to charges he killed his wife with a hammer and set their house on fire in an attempt to kill their infant son.

Petty Officer 2nd Class George Dodson II waived his right to a probable cause hearing Monday and pleaded not guilty in Superior Court to charges including murder, attempted murder and arson in connection with the July 20 death of his wife, 23-year-old Shelby Dodson.

George Dodson told police he attacked his wife with a hammer and knife after becoming jealous over their agreement to have an open relationship, according to court documents. He told authorities he set fire to the home so he would not have to use the weapons on his 13-month-old son, police said.

CBS affiliate WFSB reported that court documents showed Dodson told investigators: "I did this, I killed her."

"She found another man she loved more, and I could not stand the thought of it, so I killed her," he allegedly told police, the station reported.

The boy was found conscious and treated at a local hospital.

Dodson is a nuclear-trained electronics technician on the USS Newport News, based at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, according to the Navy.

Shelby Dodson's sister posted on social media that she is working to gain custody of her nephew.

George Dodson is being held in lieu of $3 million bond and is due back in court on Sept. 20. A message seeking comment was left with the public defender representing him, Mike Miller.

So did she want an open relationship or did she love some other guy? Two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So did she want an open relationship or did she love some other guy? Two different things.
    They started an open relationship and then she fell in love with a man that she was seeing.

https://people.com/crime/navy-sailor...ire-kill-baby/

Dodson allegedly told officials that he killed his wife out of jealousy.

"We opened up our relationship and she found another man she loved more and I could not stand the thought of it, so I killed her," Dodson allegedly told police, according to The Day.
    Also:
    Because two dogs who managed to escape the house were inside when the fire was started, Dodson had also been charged with cruelty to animals.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They started an open relationship and then she fell in love with a man that she was seeing.

https://people.com/crime/navy-sailor...ire-kill-baby/

Also:
    I bet you it was his idea to open the relationship. Ive heard of countless stories of men wanting to add a woman to the relationship and the women running off together. Stupid men.

Still dont know why he tried to kill his kid.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I bet you it was his idea to open the relationship.
    I had the same thought! I bet he thought he would get a bunch on the side and she really wouldn't.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What a POS

I had the same thought! I bet he thought he would get a bunch on the side and she really wouldn't.
    That's what they all think. Then they end up hurt because the woman has a bit too much fun. It's so sad that this woman died because he was jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    That's what they all think. Then they end up hurt because the woman has a bit too much fun. It's so sad that this woman died because he was jealous.
    Like this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...id=mailsignout

Wife Cheered for Sleeping With Colleague After Husband Wanted Open Marriage

Like this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...id=mailsignout

Wife Cheered for Sleeping With Colleague After Husband Wanted Open Marriage
    Good for her! Sadly, my husband knows better. Just in case he doesn't, I have a plan! I also have a short little hit list. Remember, slut shaming is wrong.

Sadly, my husband is too religious and traditional. Just in case... I have a plan!

Thread Information