Thread: Man accused of biting off 3-year-old's lip, ear

Man accused of biting off 3-year-old's lip, ear

NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts (AP) -- A man accused of biting off the lip and ear of his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter pleaded not guilty Thursday and was ordered held without bail.
    art.childbite.jpg

Bryan James and Jessica Silveira are arraigned and ordered held without bail in New Bedford District Court.

Bryan James, 34, was charged with assault and battery upon a child causing substantial bodily injuries. Police said the attack left the girl so mutilated doctors could not fully repair the damage.

The child's mother, Jessica Silveria, 26, pleaded not guilty to permitting substantial injuries to a child under 14 and intimidation of a witness. She was also ordered held without bail.

The girl lost the upper part of her lip and her ear was so mutilated that surgery could not return it to its natural state. The child also suffered other human bites on her body, New Bedford police Capt. Richard Spirlet said.

"She's small, brown hair, brown eyes -- great smile," the child's father, Eric Offley, said outside the courthouse. "You know, now that's taken away from her."

Police believe the biting attacks began in January and continued until April. New Bedford police began investigating in mid-May after the girl was taken to Children's Hospital in Boston. The girl and her older brother have been taken into state custody.

The state Department of Social Services said it began investigating abuse allegations on January 5, and repeatedly tried to contact and locate the girl's family.

When the agency managed to contact the mother in March on one of several unannounced visits, her daughter was not in the home, and she also wasn't there during subsequent visits, DSS said in a statement.

In April, the agency asked a judge for an order to gain temporary custody of the girl and her older brother. A judge put the children in state care on May 3, DSS said.

Prosecutors plan to ask at a hearing next week that James and Silveria be held without bail for up to 90 days, said Gregg Miliote, a spokesman for Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter's office.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/05/child.bite.attack.ap/index.html

Re: Man accused of biting off 3-year-old's lip, ear

Asshole!!  How could you do that to a child?  He needs to have his ear and lip bit off!!

That poor child..these people are digusting.

You're like a hurricane to me: your violence is beautiful, your centre, so sweet.

What did the child do??? I could see maybe a spanking but to start biting them?  These people are wacked. Anyone that injures a child does not deserve to live.

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=8721.msg459053#msg459053 date=1184388105]
    Asshole!!  How could you do that to a child?  He needs to have his ear and lip bit off!!
    [/quote]
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    What a sick man, poor baby.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

yaoipowy

I don't think he did it because he was mad he's probably just crazy.&nbsp; Or maybe he has a biting fetish.

I read about this on CNN a few days ago. I can't put into words what I would like to do to this guy. Disfiguring a little girl? For what?! There is no reason EVER to go further than a spanking or a light slap, to get your point across. I will never understand people who hurt children.&nbsp;

&quot;Police believe the biting attacks began in January and continued until April. &quot;

&nbsp; Worst mom ever.&nbsp; She let this continually go on?&nbsp; They must be meth heads.&nbsp; That's just too bizarre a mode of punishment.&nbsp;

That's just nasty. :&lt;

Thread Information