Thread: Dame Olivia Newton-John dead at 73

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Dame Olivia Newton-John dead at 73

https://people.com/music/olivia-newt...breast-cancer/

Olivia Newton-John Dead at 73: The Star and 'Grease' Icon Dies of Breast Cancer

Singer-songwriter and actress Olivia Newton-John ? a four-time Grammy winner and star of beloved movie musical Grease ? has died. She was 73.

"Dame Olivia Newton-John passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time," her husband, John Easterling, announced Monday on Newton-John's social media channels.

"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the @onjfoundation."

In May 2017, Newton-John announced that she was diagnosed with breast cancer which had metastasized to the sacrum. Her team said that Newton-John would be completing photon radiation therapy, in addition to natural wellness therapies after consulting with her medical team at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Melbourne, Australia.

"We both have the same unshakable belief that she's going to have a wonderful success story," her husband, John Easterling, 70, told PEOPLE at the time. "We're not trying to be positive. We have an absolute knowingness that we can turn this around."

In August 2018, the star was radiant but noticeably thinner at a 40th-anniversary screening of Grease held in Beverly Hills. Newton-John ? Grease's good girl Sandy ? even showed off her dance moves with John Travolta for photographers at the celebration.

Newton-John told reporters in January 2020 that she wasn't letting cancer slow her down, saying, "I'm winning over it well and that's how I see it. I don't think about it a lot, to be honest. Denial is a really good thing and I'm getting stronger and better all the time! I'm doing well!"

She was doing well in February of last year as she prepared for daughter Chloe Lattanzi's wedding. "I'm so lucky to still be doing all these things," Newton-John tells PEOPLE. "I don't think I imagined living this long! I feel very blessed."

Awwww. I had such a huge crush on her when I was a kid, after seeing Grease. I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.

RIP.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She was amazing. She battled hard and lived a good life despite the struggles. She will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information