Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kiely Rodni (16) found dead in her car in a lake two weeks after she went missing from a Tahoe area campground

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Kiely Rodni (16) found dead in her car in a lake two weeks after she went missing from a Tahoe area campground

https://www.sfgate.com/renotahoe/art...a-17357382.php

16-year-old girl missing from Tahoe-area campground

A 16-year-old girl is missing after attending a party at a campground in the Tahoe area, the Placer County Sheriff's Office said.

Kiely Rodni was last seen around midnight on August 6 near the Prosser Family Campground about 10 minutes north of Truckee. According to the sheriff's office, she was at a party "of more than 100 juveniles and young adults" before disappearing. Her car, a silver 2013 Honda CRV, is also missing, and her phone is out of service. According to the campground's site, cell service in the area is generally good.

2400x0.jpg

Kiely is 5-foot-7 and 115 pounds and has blonde hair, hazel eyes and a nose ring. Witnesses say she was wearing a black tank top and green Dickies pants. Her car has the California license plate 8YUR127.

Anyone with information regarding Kiely's disappearance is asked to immediately contact the Placer County Sheriff's Office at 530-886-5375.

This has been circulating my facebook since it's somewhat local to me.

100 people? That's a big party.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Why would the kids worry about their future unless they knew something bad went down?

Her car is missing too so I think the wreck theory is plausible.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

A wreck is a possibility, but my money is on she OD'd at the party and they dumped her and her car somewhere.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    A wreck is a possibility, but my money is on she OD'd at the party and they dumped her and her car somewhere.
    Thats why they are nervous, they know stuff. If a random girl went missing from a party, they would help.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

A body and car have been found in a Truckee lake where authorities and dive teams have been searching for 16-year-old missing teen Kiely Rodni for the past two weeks. It has not been confirmed by law enforcement that it is Rodni.

The specialty search and recovery dive team called Adventures With Purpose (AWP) started searching for the teen on Friday. They have confirmed to KCRA 3 that a matching vehicle description with human remains were found at Prosser Creek Reservoir.

Rodni was last seen on Aug. 6 at a large party with hundreds of like-aged teens at the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee, which is next to the lake. The teen disappeared seemingly without a trace.

Authorities said the last known ping from Rodni's cell phone was made the same night around 12:30 a.m. near the lake.

Adventures With Purpose told KCRA 3 that their team uses sonar, which is likely why they found the car in the same location agencies had been searching with their boats.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/body-fo...odni/40950648#
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    A body and car have been found in a Truckee lake where authorities and dive teams have been searching for 16-year-old missing teen Kiely Rodni for the past two weeks. It has not been confirmed by law enforcement that it is Rodni.

The specialty search and recovery dive team called Adventures With Purpose (AWP) started searching for the teen on Friday. They have confirmed to KCRA 3 that a matching vehicle description with human remains were found at Prosser Creek Reservoir.

Rodni was last seen on Aug. 6 at a large party with hundreds of like-aged teens at the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee, which is next to the lake. The teen disappeared seemingly without a trace.

Authorities said the last known ping from Rodni's cell phone was made the same night around 12:30 a.m. near the lake.

Adventures With Purpose told KCRA 3 that their team uses sonar, which is likely why they found the car in the same location agencies had been searching with their boats.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/body-fo...odni/40950648#
    So sad. I always felt she is in the water.

AWP does it again!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    AWP does it again!
    They are amazing.

Didnt see that coming. Im glad they found her.

I'm glad they recovered her body and now her family has closure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

This screamed 'car is in the water or down in a ravine' to me. Why did they jump on the 'she's been abducted' bandwagon immediately?

After her car didn't show up for a couple of days I figured this would be the outcome.

Now the question is whether their was foul play or whether she drove in herself, either as a suicide or accidently, perhaps while drunk as a skunk. It's interesting that the window was broken and the body was found in the back seat, which while it doesn't rule them out isn't what I'd expect from a suicide or accident.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    RBW wins a toaster!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/23/youtub...2-other-cases/

These guys need to franchise what they do and charge LE to teach them how to search properly!
    Exactly! They should receive any and all rewards for missing people they locate.

With the broken window and her body being in the back seat and no one wanting to talk using the lame excuse it could harm their future, this screams of a OD death cover up. Just saying, obviously I have no proof but maybe people need to be hauled into the police dept and interrogated. Something is amiss here.

Quote Originally Posted by castletonking View Post
    With the broken window and her body being in the back seat and no one wanting to talk using the lame excuse it could harm their future, this screams of a OD death cover up. Just saying, obviously I have no proof but maybe people need to be hauled into the police dept and interrogated. Something is amiss here.
    Interesting. I didn't know that she was found in the back seat. Very suspicious.

I'm not saying they shouldn't look into it, they should, but a lot of times when a car goes into water it sinks front first (that's the heaviest part) and the back is still out of the water while the front is under water. A lot of people climb in the back seat for an air pocket and then try to get out of the back window.

I'm not saying they shouldn't look into it, they should, but a lot of times when a car goes into water it sinks front first (that's the heaviest part) and the back is still out of the water while the front is under water. A lot of people climb in the back seat for an air pocket and then try to get out of the back window.
    That's true. It makes a lot of sense. Are they going to do a tox on her? If they do, that will answer the question. Also, did they find water in her lungs? I know that if she OD'd it doesn't necessarily mean that she was fully dead, however the amount of water in her lungs may be telling as they usually have shallow breath if nothing at all of ODing.

Double

There has been some major activity going on with this case over the past 24 hours. Essentially, AWP have a video, which was published for their members on YouTube, but will be available to us non-payers tomorrow. Someone on Reddit watched the video and provided the following synopsis.

Potential sighting by vehicle tech for roadside assistance company (Nick) who was called to help a Honda CRV on either Friday or Saturday with a dead battery around "noonish" or 11am. He approached AWP with potential information on KR case. Nick believes this sighting was the day after she disappeared, but date can't be confirmed.

Vehicle tech reported Kiely was distressed, was skeptical of what was going on. Didn't want to be near guy who was in the vehicle, kept going to opposite side of vehicle.

Guy had short brown hair that was coming out the sides of a hat. Wearing black flat top SF Giants baseball cap. Thin build. White bro tank. Acne and/or possibly freckles on both sides of face. Tall, but under 6?3?.

Kiely kept asking weird questions, like how to secure her seatbelt correctly. Asked him to show her how to attach her seatbelt correctly. Shared she was at Boca all night and couldn't get her vehicle started. They both realized car was actually in neutral and that's why the car couldn't start, no problem with battery. Said she was wearing a light grey sweatshirt. Said her phone was dead. Both were uneasy, like they were hungover, or had a crazy night/day.

Vehicle tech has cam and audio footage on his truck, detectives know about the sighting.

AWP started at Boca Reservoir given the sighting on Friday or Saturday. Cleared Boca.

AWP then went to clear Donner Lake. Cleared Donner.

AWP then went to Prosser. Lake is 55 feet deep at max. Around 45 feet mostly.

Direct quote: "Facebook groups have been on fire and onto real clues. There was disturbing behavior and a fight between Kiely and a girl named BLEEP (name edited) minutes before the party suddenly broke up around 12:30am. Cars started flying out of the parking lot. Something bad happened and all the kids parents told them not to get involved. Keep in mind that there's a possibility that what happened to Kiely could be more sinister and there was a panic." - Doug, AWP (stated in video this was sent to Doug by someone who cannot be named.)

AWP located car, magnet was attached. Attachment indicated a newer car.

Everyone from AWP turned phones off to not cause alarm to family members or LE. Didn't want to cause unnecessary trauma if it was not her vehicle. Wanted to continue discovery as peacefully and under the radar as possible.

Did not touch anything or remove license plate.

Nick the AWP diver swam down to confirm car. Focused on capturing footage for authorities.

Had to go to rear passengers side window to get an ID of remains. She was not in drivers seat. Looked suspicious. Vehicle upside down.

Can see empty Truly cans, garbage, computer charger in the back.

Drivers window was intact.

Front passenger window is broken out.

Rear drivers window was rolled down.

Confirmed she was not seatbelted in.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 09-01-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    There has been some major activity going on with this case over the past 24 hours. Essentially, AWP have a video, which was published for their members on YouTube, but will be available to us non-payers tomorrow. Someone on Reddit watched the video and provided the following synopsis.
    Very interesting.

If the vehicle tech saw her and the guy the next day though, how can they think something possibly happened at the party...or am I misreading?

Very interesting.

If the vehicle tech saw her and the guy the next day though, how can they think something possibly happened at the party...or am I misreading?
    Yeah it's all very strange. I really want to see this video!

Very interesting.

Right now speculation is the guy was her ex-boyfriend and the girl was possibly someone else (not Kiely). That they possibly were doing something nefarious with Kiely/her car after something else happened at the party.

Thread Information