Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nicolae (Nick) Miu (52) stabbed Isaac Schuman (17) to death and injured four other young adults while tubing on Wisconsin's Apple River.

The "carrying a knife on the river" think is IMHO a big nothingburger. When you're going out tubing you often make sure someone in your group has a knife so you can cut rope to tie your tubes together, and then cut the rope to seperate your tubes at the end. And Miu's wife testified that she told him "don't forget to bring your knife along for cutting the ropes".

As another observation, it would be better if the kids had the attitude "yeah, we shouldn't have been getting underaged drunk and taunting him but that still doesn't justify what he did " instead of "we did absolutely nothing wrong", and then denying or "not recalling" facts that are on video that aren't in the prosecutions favor. I don't think this attitude is coming across as a good look to the jury.

The "carrying a knife on the river" think is IMHO a big nothingburger. When you're going out tubing you often make sure someone in your group has a knife so you can cut rope to tie your tubes together, and then cut the rope to seperate your tubes at the end. And Miu's wife testified that she told him "don't forget to bring your knife along for cutting the ropes".

As another observation, it would be better if the kids had the attitude "yeah, we shouldn't have been getting underaged drunk and taunting him but that still doesn't justify what he did " instead of "we did absolutely nothing wrong", and then denying or "not recalling" facts that are on video that aren't in the prosecutions favor. I don't think this attitude is coming across as a good look to the jury.

Nicolae (Nick) Miu (52) stabbed Isaac Schuman (17) to death and injured four other young adults while tubing on Wisconsin's Apple River.

Details are sketchy- there's no motive and the victims haven't been identified yet, but I'm posting it now in case his social media gets yanked. There's social media chatter about different potential motives but I don't want to repeat them until more details are released. Miu hasn't been officially identified but a man matching his age, charges, and home town is on the St. Croix County Jail Roster. For context the Apple River used to be a family-friendly destination- I've been there a few times, but more recently and especially on weekends it has the reputation as a drunken, young, rowdy party scene.
    Miu's FB: https://www.facebook.com/nmiu1985

News articles:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/ne...oQH0EVsDSSCJEo
    https://heavy.com/news/nicolae-miu/

Grissom from CSI is a killer?

Also Im a little confused how this crime went down.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 07-31-2022 at 06:05 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

We don't really have a lot of confirmed details on how this went down yet. There's internet rumors saying he was attacked by a bunch of drunk teenagers and was defending himself, and there's also internet rumors that are saying he was making passes at young women and got all stabby when they turned him down.

His fb page...oh geez.

And lol at "trump humpers"

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    His fb page...oh geez.

And lol at "trump humpers"
    I added it to the tags.

I am pretty sure his first wife was a mail order bride.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I added it to the tags.

I am pretty sure his first wife was a mail order bride.
    Love it!

I am wondering if these teenagers were "ruining his lake fun" and he snapped and killed them. He seems like the kind of guy who would be jealous of teenagers having fun.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Teenager has been identified by family as Isaac Schuman, 17. I was unable to find any public social media for him.

https://www.startribune.com/charges-...ver/600194716/

From one of the survivor's GoFundMe:
    "some friends and I were tubing when we came [across] a group who were asking for our help. My friends and I went over to see what was going on, and there was an older man there being inappropriate and was asked to leave but wouldn't. The older man ended up having a knife and stabbed a few friends of mine and myself included."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcastle View Post
    Teenager has been identified by family as Isaac Schuman, 17. I was unable to find any public social media for him.

From one of the survivor's GoFundMe:
    "some friends and I were tubing when we came [across] a group who were asking for our help. My friends and I went over to see what was going on, and there was an older man there being inappropriate and was asked to leave but wouldn't. The older man ended up having a knife and stabbed a few friends of mine and myself included."
    What a nightmare.

I wonder what he was doing with the first group?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Alleged in the criminal complaint:

According to the criminal complaint:
    "Miu ran up to several people and grabbed their tubes. People in the group yelled at Miu to 'get away.' Miu walked around as if appearing to be looking for something, started to leave before turning around and saying something. More people converged on him and yelled for him to leave. He walked toward a woman, and people were heard saying 'he was looking for little girls.' The crowd grew larger, and 'it does appear that at least one person touched his shoulder' as people were on three sides of Miu at varying distances. Miu had the 'opportunity ... to leave the confrontation,' but did not. While two women confronted him, Miu held a knife at his side with the blade exposed. Multiple people moved toward Miu and he fell backward into the water and was slapped in the face. Miu got back on his feet and was shoved from behind by someone in swimming trunks who came at him again. Miu then stabbed the person wearing the trunks in the abdomen 'while being shoved back in the water on his back.' As Miu stood up again, the shoving of Miu continued, and he responded with more stabbing motions and ran off."

The explanation from Miu:
    "Questioned by law enforcement after his arrest, Miu said he acted in self-defense as several people came at him while he was looking for a cellphone that was lost by a friend. He said some of them 'produced two weapons, hit him and were on top of him at one point while calling him a child molester. 'They attacked me, [and] I was in self-defense mode,' the charges quoted him as saying. Once he saw someone with a knife, he continued, 'I thought that was it for me.' He added that he didn't remember stabbing anyone, and only had a knife with him earlier in the day to cut the string that held their tubes together. Told of the teen's death, Miu said, 'Oh, no,' the charges read.

I will never understand the love for guns. I couldn't be with a man who had a gun, because the way my mouth is set up... I am just afraid of guns, and I've never personally witnessed gun violence, reading about it is enough.

He may get off if the video shows him being attacked, but then again, not all self defense cases work out; I've heard of people who were bullied and finally snapped

Quote Originally Posted by mdcastle View Post
    Alleged in the criminal complaint:

According to the criminal complaint:
    "Miu ran up to several people and grabbed their tubes. People in the group yelled at Miu to 'get away.' Miu walked around as if appearing to be looking for something, started to leave before turning around and saying something. More people converged on him and yelled for him to leave. He walked toward a woman, and people were heard saying 'he was looking for little girls.' The crowd grew larger, and 'it does appear that at least one person touched his shoulder' as people were on three sides of Miu at varying distances. Miu had the 'opportunity ... to leave the confrontation,' but did not. While two women confronted him, Miu held a knife at his side with the blade exposed. Multiple people moved toward Miu and he fell backward into the water and was slapped in the face. Miu got back on his feet and was shoved from behind by someone in swimming trunks who came at him again. Miu then stabbed the person wearing the trunks in the abdomen 'while being shoved back in the water on his back.' As Miu stood up again, the shoving of Miu continued, and he responded with more stabbing motions and ran off."

The explanation from Miu:
    "Questioned by law enforcement after his arrest, Miu said he acted in self-defense as several people came at him while he was looking for a cellphone that was lost by a friend. He said some of them 'produced two weapons, hit him and were on top of him at one point while calling him a child molester. 'They attacked me, [and] I was in self-defense mode,' the charges quoted him as saying. Once he saw someone with a knife, he continued, 'I thought that was it for me.' He added that he didn't remember stabbing anyone, and only had a knife with him earlier in the day to cut the string that held their tubes together. Told of the teen's death, Miu said, 'Oh, no,' the charges read.

IDK what the law is up in WI, but I am confident that he would be found not-guilty by reason of stand your ground down here in FL. I disagree with it, but I think he would get enough people on the jury that would buy that story and claim that the kids were the aggressors. Look at the guy in the movie theater who killed the guy who threw popcorn at him...and got away with it. What a world we live in.

IDK what the law is up in WI, but I am confident that he would be found not-guilty by reason of stand your ground down here in FL. I disagree with it, but I think he would get enough people on the jury that would buy that story and claim that the kids were the aggressors. Look at the guy in the movie theater who killed the guy who threw popcorn at him...and got away with it. What a world we live in.
    I totally agree with you. Here is what their law says:

A person is privileged to threaten or intentionally use force against another for the purpose of preventing or terminating what the person reasonably believes to be an unlawful interference with his or her person by such other person. The actor may intentionally use only such force or threat thereof as the actor reasonably believes is necessary to prevent or terminate the interference. The actor may not intentionally use force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm unless the actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself.
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...tes/939/iii/48

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Who the hell has weapons on them while tubing? Like…got my bathsuit, sunscreen, water shoes, sunglasses, a Glock and a switchblade. Perhaps it’s been decades since I’ve tubed and I’m naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Who the hell has weapons on them while tubing? Like…got my bathsuit, sunscreen, water shoes, sunglasses, a Glock and a switchblade. Perhaps it’s been decades since I’ve tubed and I’m naive.
    I thought the same at first, but his reason makes sense. If there is an emergency, you might need to cut the rope.

Totally not taking up for Grissom, but why would you push a dude with a knife and his hand?
    And why would they say hes looking for little girls?
    I dont condone his actions at all but if someone even gently pushed him hes going to get off.
    Playing devils advocate a little...

My first thought was that he was trying to prove a point that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" by killing a bunch of people with a knife instead of a gun.

But if he was being inappropriate with young girls, as was mentioned here, then I don't blame those people for confronting him. But yeah, don't push a guy with a knife. All that said, i agree that he'll probably get off on self-defense.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Double
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 08-02-2022 at 12:15 PM.

He was found not guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It kinds sounds like he brought it on himself. He was bothering the group and they were just pushing him to get him away from them...then he starts stabbing people?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    He was found not guilty?
    The guy that shot the guy in the movie theater was found not guilty.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=reeves

The guy that shot the guy in the movie theater was found not guilty.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=reeves
    This family was really robbed of justice. It took years to even have the trial. Now no one wants to send the crippled old man to prison.

Thread Information