Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Charles Hew Crooks (23) died after jumping or falling from an airplane during a mid-flight emergency

Okay, my theory - if we are assuming the barf story is true - he went to get air because he was barfy (which seems so strange), was barfing and fell. He couldn't grab the bar because he was barfing

My theory: They have now come out and said that he was the one flying during the hard landing. I think he was part of the generation where their parents where helicopter parents and everything was taken care of by the parents and these kids therefore never had anything really bad happen to them. They don't know how to handle stress and ramifications of bad situations. I think he freaked out when he thought about possibly losing his job or being disciplined by the FAA for the landing that damaged the plane (that's when he was getting visibly upset and sick thinking about it) and he decided that killing himself would be better than some horrible result he was imagining.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...264404301.html

According to the report, the CASA 212 that Crooks was copiloting had conducted two skydiving runs and was returning to Raeford West Airport to pick up a third group when it lost its right main landing gear during a hard landing. The pilot told the NTSB that Crooks was piloting the plane at the time, but that the pilot retook control and got the plane back into the air. The pilot then directed Crooks to declare an emergency and request a diversion to Raleigh-Durham International Airport for landing.

The pilot is not named. The pilot continued to fly the plane while Crooks communicated with air traffic controllers as they prepared to land at RDU with the right landing gear missing, the pilot told the NTSB. About 20 minutes into the diversion, after they talked through the approach to RDU, Crooks became “visibly upset” about the hard landing in Raeford, according to the pilot. Crooks opened the side cockpit window and “may have gotten sick,” the pilot said, according to the report. The pilot told the NTSB that Crooks then lowered the ramp in the back of the airplane, indicating that he felt like he was going to be sick and needed air.

The pilot said he took over radio communication as Crooks “got up from his seat, removed his headset, apologized, and departed the airplane via the aft ramp door.” Today’s top headlines Sign up for the Afternoon Update and get the day’s biggest stories in your inbox. The report noted that there was a hand bar within reach of the ramp. However, the pilot did not see Crooks reach for this bar during his departure, according to the report.
    An examination of the plane revealed “substantial damage” to the “landing gear, landing gear fittings and the airframe structure where the fittings attach,” according to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My theory: They have now come out and said that he was the one flying during the hard landing. I think he was part of the generation where their parents where helicopter parents and everything was taken care of by the parents and these kids therefore never had anything really bad happen to them. They don't know how to handle stress and ramifications of bad situations. I think he freaked out when he thought about possibly losing his job or being disciplined by the FAA for the landing that damaged the plane (that's when he was getting visibly upset and sick thinking about it) and he decided that killing himself would be better than some horrible result he was imagining.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...264404301.html
    I think you're on to something. I knew a lady who's son killed himself after wrecking his dad's car. He was very much the kind of kid that panicked at the thought of anyone being angry. No one was allowed to say a harsh word to him...and when he really did have to face the music, he couldn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information