Thread: Maxwell Right (22) dehydration and exposure hiking in the Badlands

Maxwell Right (22) dehydration and exposure hiking in the Badlands

Hiker dies on unmarked Badlands trail. 2 males from Missouri were hiking in the @BadlandsNPS
    on an unmarked trail featured in a social media challenge & ran out of water Wed, July 20. Maxwell Right, 22 of St. Louis, MO, collapsed and died from suspected dehydration and exposure.

https://twitter.com/PennCoSheriff/st...40628587495426
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Hiker dies on unmarked Badlands trail. 2 males from Missouri were hiking in the @BadlandsNPS
    on an unmarked trail featured in a social media challenge & ran out of water Wed, July 20. Maxwell Right, 22 of St. Louis, MO, collapsed and died from suspected dehydration and exposure.

https://twitter.com/PennCoSheriff/st...40628587495426
    These social media challenges are so dumb. It's been super hot and people just don't know when to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    These social media challenges are so dumb. It's been super hot and people just don't know when to stop.
    Yep. The Badlands are dangerous even if you know what you are doing, stay on the trails, are properly provisioned, and are dealing with more moderate temps. Not Everest dangerous, but still.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

How would they know what trail to take if it was unmarked? And what do they do? Just video themselves doing the "challenge" and when they complete it they get internet points?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.newscenter1.tv/sister-hiker-who-dThe sister of a St. Louis man who died while hiking in the Badlands of South Dakota said Friday that he was camping as part of a trip to celebrate graduating from college and got lost trying to find his way back to his car.

The Pennington County Sheriff?s Office tweeted that 22-year-old Maxwell Right collapsed on an unmarked trail in Badlands National Park on Wednesday. He and a friend who was traveling with him had run out of water, according to the tweet. Temperatures in the Badlands had been approaching 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) during the first half of the week.

Right?s sister, Lucille, said that the National Park Service told the family that her brother died surrounded by rangers. Authorities have not identified his friend, who the sheriff?s office said was flown to a Rapid City hospital and placed under observation for exposure and dehydration.

The sheriff?s office said in its tweet that the unmarked trail has been featured in a social media challenge. Lucille Right said her brother and his friend weren?t taking part in any social media challenge, saying they were on a larger trip to celebrate Maxwell graduating from Missouri S&T and had planned to visit Mt. Rushmore on Wednesday evening.ied-in-badlands-was-on-graduation-trip/

Thread Information