Thread: Jimmie "Jay" Lee (20) missing from the University of Mississippi since 7/8/2022

Jimmie "Jay" Lee (20) missing from the University of Mississippi since 7/8/2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/us/mi...ent/index.html

The father of missing 20-year-old University of Mississippi student Jimmie "Jay" Lee is pleading for the public's help in bringing the college student home after the discovery of the student's car.

"If anyone knows anything or sees anything, say something. Contact law enforcement. Just tell them what you know. This is my plea that you help find my child," Lee's father Jimmie Lee, Sr. said in a plea posted online by Oxford Police.

Police are asking anyone with tips to reach out to them. Lee was reportedly last seen July 8 around 5:58 a.m. wearing a silver robe or housecoat, gold cap and gray slippers leaving Campus Walk Apartments.

On Monday, police recovered Lee's car, a 2014 black Ford Fusion with a gold racing stripe down the middle of the hood, from a local towing company.

The car with the license plate "JAYLEE1" was towed Friday afternoon from Molly Barr Trails apartment complex.

Police believe Lee was visiting someone who lives in Molly Barr Trails before disappearing.

Oxford Police and the University of Mississippi Police departments say they are using all available resources to locate Lee, according to a joint statement.

Authorities say they are "speaking with friends, running search warrants, canvassing areas, and collecting evidence."

Crimestoppers has pledged a $1,000 reward for anybody with information that could lead to finding Lee, according to Oxford Police.

Any tips or information about Lee's whereabouts should be sent to the Oxford Police Department 662-232-2400, University of Mississippi Police Department at 662-915-7234 and Crime Stoppers at 662-234-8477.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is his FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004702414744

I hope he is found safe, but it is not sounding good.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    If they were seen leaving in a robe and slippers, that points to them only expecting to run a quick errand and be back home. Either that, or a mental break
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e/10142773002/

Jimmie "Jay" Lee case update: bond hearing set while attorney maintains innocence

A bond hearing has been set for the University of Mississippi graduate charged with murder in connection with the Jimmie "Jay" Lee disappearance, a spokesperson for the Oxford Police Department said Monday.

Timothy Herrington, 22, will have his first appearance in court Wednesday. His attorney maintains he is innocent.

"Although he has been charged with a serious crime he is presumed innocent. We will vigorously defend him and look forward to clearing his good name," Grenada based attorney Carlos Moore said on Facebook.

Moore is an attorney with The Cochran Firm and is president of the National Bar Association.

Lee, a University of Mississippi student, went missing July 8, last seen leaving Campus Walk Apartments in Oxford early that morning. Lee was driving his 2014 Black Ford Fusion with a custom "JAYLEE1" license plate and wearing "a silver robe or housecoat, gold sleeping cap and gray slippers," according to a university press release. The vehicle was later found at another apartment complex.

Lee was a well known member of the LGBTQ community in Oxford, as well as in his hometown of Jackson, according to previous reporting.
    The Oxford Police Department is investigating the disappearance of Murrah High School graduate Jimmie "Jay" Lee of Jackson.

The last week has seen a number of developments in the case. OPD announced Tuesday that the state Attorney General and Federal Bureau of Investigation were getting involved in the case. On Wednesday, members of the community held a rally in support of Lee's family in The Grove.

Then, on Friday evening, OPD announced they had brought murder charges against Herrington, in what had been a missing person investigation up until that point.

"Law enforcement agencies are still working to locate Lee's body. This is still an ongoing investigation and updates will be given at a later date," the OPD statement read.

So sad.

He had beautiful bone structure.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...t/10144087002/

Missing Jimmie "Jay" Lee dreamed of a murder attempt, according to January TikTok post

Jimmie "Jay" Lee, the 20-year-old University of Mississippi student who has been missing since July 8, once dreamed a man tried "to murder me," according to a Jan. 25 post on Lee's TikTok account.

While Lee's body has not been found, a recent graduate of the University of Mississippi was charged with murder Friday, related to Lee's disappearance, and has a bond hearing set for Wednesday.

Lee often posted makeup tutorials and personal life updates on the "@thejaylee__" TikTok account. Lee's dog is the subject of the most recent post on the account.

In the Jan. 25 video, Lee recounts a dream, including details on being attacked.

"He decides to try to murder me," Lee said. "So, after fighting for my life, ... I wake up, go about my day."

While the post occurred months before Lee's disappearance, it has since resurfaced and accumulated more more than 379,000 views. Many TikTok accounts are using its comment section as a form of digital memorial for Lee.

"So sorry this happened to you and your family. You seem like a very sweet person," wrote an account named Brandy.

"I hope they get justice for you!!" Joel Young commented.

An account named tiffany wrote "rest in peace my friend, you deserved so much better."

Some commenters claim Lee's dream was an eerie premonition.

"When I say God speaks to us in dreams I mean it!!!!" TikTok user Amber Tilghman wrote in a comment with over 1,000 likes.
    His TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thejaylee__?...d353f.min.html

Thread Information