Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: July 4th shooting leaves at least 7 dead at parade in Highland Park, IL

July 4th shooting leaves at least 7 dead at parade in Highland Park, IL

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/04/us/hi...ade/index.html

A mass shooting at an Independence Day parade Monday in a suburb outside Chicago left at least six people dead, wounded about two dozen others and has sparked an extensive manhunt for an unidentified gunman who fired on unsuspecting attendees from a rooftop, authorities said.

The shooting in Highland Park, about 25 miles north of Chicago, began shortly after 10 a.m. CT as parade-goers enjoyed a sunny Fourth of July parade along Central Avenue.
    Firearm evidence was found on the rooftop of a nearby business, police commander Chris O'Neill said. The firearm was a "high-powered rifle" and the attack appeared to be "random" and "intentional," said Christopher Covelli, spokesman for the Lake County Major Crime Task Force.

Authorities are working to trace the firearm to find out who purchased it and its origins, according to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokesperson Kim Nerheim.

The suspect was described as a white man between 18-20 years old with a small build, long black hair and wearing a T-shirt. He was described as "armed and dangerous" and officials advised people to shelter in place.

Lake County Coroner Jennifer Banek said the five people who died at the scene were adults. One person died at a hospital, she said, but she didn't have more information about that victim.

Shooter is Robert E. Crimo 3rd. His dad ran for Highland Park mayor, and his family has long roots in the area. What a huge asshole. He's still on the run, everyone in the Highland Park area please be safe.

He's a rapper with a internet presence. Name is Awake the rapper.

Page with videos etc. Hurry and look before it's gone. https://awake-the-rapper-archive.blogspot.com/?m=1
    Last edited by Queenatoo; 07-04-2022 at 02:34 PM.

I just read the suspect is Robert E. Crimo III 22 years old. I hope they catch him.

EDIT: ninja'd by Queena

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    Shooter is Robert E. Crimo 3rd. His dad ran for Highland Park mayor, and his family has long roots in the area. What a huge asshole. He's still on the run, everyone in the Highland Park area please be safe.

He's a rapper with a internet presence. Name is Awake the rapper.
    So hes from a prominent family and hes a popular rapper? This is a first.

I saw pictures of him and now I know why he shot people safely from a rooftop. I could have easily taken this guy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm sorry if this is prejudiced, but I'm never surprised when people with face tattoos get arrested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm sorry if this is prejudiced, but I'm never surprised when people with face tattoos get arrested.
    You will find that sentiment a lot on MDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So hes from a prominent family and hes a popular rapper? This is a first.

I saw pictures of him and now I know why he shot people safely from a rooftop. I could have easily taken this guy.
    Ikr I could've body slammed him with one boob.

It's a heavily Jewish populated area, and his dad ran on the 'Make Highland Park Great Again' slogan and I found pictures of someone who is supposed to be the shooter in a flag or Maga flag. I can't really see the picture clearly, so at this point I think that he's just a regular old asshole.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Thatalex9...91785823064064

That's the flag picture, and it is a big ole T.

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-04-2022 at 04:15 PM. Reason: ETA: pics

Happy Birthday, USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/ill...bd50881f5bb800

A total of 26 patients were received at Highland Park Hospital, according to Dr. Brigham Temple, medical director of NorthShore University Health System.

Here's what he said about the patients:

Ten of those individuals came by ambulance, according to Temple.

Temple said 25 of those individuals did sustain gunshot wound injuries.

Temple says that 19 of the 25 gunshot victims were treated and have been discharged home.

Two patients were transported to Evanston Hospital, Temple said.

The patients ranged in age from 8 years old to 85 years old, according to Temple.

Four or five of the patients were children, according to Temple.

I bet his dad is shitting his pants. He's most likely the one who radicalized his son, and now look at the harm he's caused. This is so messed up. Some of the people he shot were neighbors and family friends.

This is one of his videos.

I love how YT took the video down because it 'violated their terms of service'. Nevermind that it was up for years. Good job, YT!

I am wondering if he is an incel.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I love how YT took the video down because it 'violated their terms of service'. Nevermind that it was up for years. Good job, YT!

I am wondering if he is an incel.
    Just looking at him, I think incel for sure.

Idk but he had a sex doll that looked like a child. I had no idea that they made things like that. Wtf! He would ride around with it, and even role played a suicide by hanging with it. I'm not sure if that's the right terminology, he said the doll hung herself. I'm going to put everything I've screenshotted on my imgur and post the link.

Imgur isn't working for me.

I finally figured out what the symbol is that he kept using. It's from the game Detroit Become Human. It's really good game and one of the few games that I was able to beat on PS4 back before I developed video game nausea.
    Last edited by Queenatoo; 07-05-2022 at 11:18 AM.

7 person dies from the attack:

https://apple.news/AazNoXLjwQNqG-iEmC6uK5g

He planned this for weeks, dressed like a woman, climbed up the fire escape. After the shooting he dropped the rifle and fled like he was a bystander. Then he went to his moms house and took her car.

Ive been reading up everywhere about this guy, and apparently his mom is cray.

7 person dies from the attack:

https://apple.news/AazNoXLjwQNqG-iEmC6uK5g

He planned this for weeks, dressed like a woman, climbed up the fire escape. After the shooting he dropped the rifle and fled like he was a bystander. Then he went to his moms house and took her car.

Ive been reading up everywhere about this guy, and apparently his mom is cray.
    The police have been talking to her for hours. They closed the UPS store that she uses for business purposes. His one sister doesn't use Dad's name, she uses the mothers name. I think that they share parents because all are listed in grandpa Crimo's obituary. I have all types of pictures, but I can't get them to upload to imgur.

https://www.wesh.com/article/illinoi...illed/40519172

Parents of 2-year-old boy found alone at Illinois parade shooting among those killed

Aiden McCarthy's photo was shared across Chicago-area social media groups in the hours after the July 4 parade shooting in Highland Park, accompanied by pleas to help identify the 2-year-old who had been found at the scene bloodied and alone and to reunite him with his family.

On Tuesday, friends and authorities confirmed that the boy's parents, Kevin McCarthy, 37, and Irina McCarthy, 35, were among seven people killed in the tragedy.
    Advertisement

"At two years old, Aiden is left in the unthinkable position; to grow up without his parents," wrote Irina Colon on a GoFundMe account she created for the family and Aiden, who was reunited with his grandparents Monday evening.

Friends of the McCarthys said Irina's parents would care for the boy going forward.
    GFM: https://www.gofundme.com/f/irina-and-kevin-mccarthy

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.wesh.com/article/illinoi...illed/40519172

Parents of 2-year-old boy found alone at Illinois parade shooting among those killed

GFM: https://www.gofundme.com/f/irina-and-kevin-mccarthy
    OMG their GFM is at 1.6 million dollars, Ive never seen it so high.

That poor kid is an orphan now. He so young, he may not even remember his parents.

OMG their GFM is at 1.6 million dollars, Ive never seen it so high.

That poor kid is an orphan now. He so young, he may not even remember his parents.
    He probably won't, but hopefully, his grandparents will keep their memories alive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnbfcL

Father of Highland Park suspected shooter could be held criminally liable for sponsoring his son's gun permit application, legal expert says

The father of the 21-year-old suspected gunman in Monday's Highland Park mass shooting could be held criminally liable in relation to the attack, an expert said.

This week, police said the man helped his son legally obtain several weapons, including the high-powered rifle allegedly used in the assault.

"There's no question that [the father] could be held criminally liable," Neama Rahmani, a former federal prosecutor and president of West Coast Trial Lawyers told Insider. "If you're helping someone who is mentally unwell get weapons and you know or should know of their history of violent threats, the law can hold you criminally responsible."

The suspected shooter legally obtained guns despite past law enforcement encounters

The Illinois State Police said Tuesday that the suspected gunman's father sponsored his son's gun permit application just months after the boy drew police attention for threatening to kill himself and others.

Officers visited the suspected shooter's home in September 2019 after a concerned family member alerted Highland Park police that he had threatened to "kill everyone," a Lake County Major Crime Task Force spokesman said earlier this week. Authorities removed 16 knives, a dagger, and a sword, but did not issue an arrest due to a lack of probable cause. The local police did alert the Illinois State Police at the time, the spokesman said.

State authorities received a "clear and present danger report" for the suspected shooter following the September home visit, but determined there was no action to be taken because he did not have an active gun permit or application in the system at the time.

Just months later, however, in December 2019, the suspected gunman, who was not yet 21 years old, applied for a firearm owner's identification (FOID) card. State law required that a parent or guardian consent to his gun permit application, given his age. The suspected shooter's father sponsored his application, state police said.

The suspect's father confirmed to the New York Post on Wednesday that he sponsored his son's permit application, telling the outlet that he believed his son wanted guns to use at the shooting range.

"He bought everything on his own, and they're registered to him," the dad said.

His father's decision to sponsor the application, even after the boy's threats prompted a police response, could put him on the hook for involuntary manslaughter, Rahmani said.

"You're creating an unreasonable risk of death because of your actions," the legal expert said. "You don't have to pull the trigger to be charged with manslaughter."

The suspected shooter's application was ultimately approved.

They should start charging some of the parents. You just don't sponsor someone who threatened to kill the entire family 2 months ago for a gun. I know that I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    They should start charging some of the parents. You just don't sponsor someone who threatened to kill the entire family 2 months ago for a gun. I know that I wouldn't.
    He also threatened to kill himself. Im wondering how he wasnt 5150'd.

He also threatened to kill himself. Im wondering how he wasnt 5150'd.
    I wished he had killed himself.

If we start charging the parents/sponsors, hopefully, others will have second thoughts about helping people get guns.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/07/us/hi...zed/index.html

An 8-year-old boy is paralyzed from the waist down after getting shot in the chest in Highland Park parade attack

An 8-year-old boy who was attending the Highland Park Fourth of July parade with his parents and twin brother was shot and is now paralyzed from the waist down, family spokesperson Anthony Loizzi told CNN on Thursday.

Cooper Roberts was shot in the chest and suffered several significant injuries, including a severed spinal cord, Loizzi said in a virtual news conference earlier Thursday.
    He remains in the hospital sedated and on a ventilator, in critical but stable condition, Loizzi said.

"It's going to be a new normal for him moving forward," Loizzi said. "It sounds (like) he'll have significant issues moving forward, especially with walking."

Couple cared for orphaned toddler after Highland Park shooting

Cooper and his twin, Luke, loved the parade, Loizzi said. That beloved event ended in tragedy when a gunman started firing a semi-automatic rifle into the crowd from a rooftop. Seven people were killed, and dozens of others -- including the Roberts -- were wounded.

Luke suffered injuries from shrapnel, was treated and released and is now recovering at home, Loizzi said. Their mother, Keely Roberts, "was shot in the leg and foot area" and underwent several surgeries, the spokesperson added.

She has since been discharged because she insisted that she wanted to be by Cooper's side at the hospital, Loizzi said.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/kxwjn-the...43b08c644c9d7f

Thread Information