Thread: TiJae Baker (23) missing from Washington DC since 5/1/2022

TiJae Baker (23) missing from Washington DC since 5/1/2022

https://abc7ny.com/tijae-baker-brook...girl/11934266/

A family is searching for answers after a young woman from Brooklyn vanished after taking a bus to Washington D.C. to make posters for someone she met online.

TiJae Baker, a budding artist, was in her final semester of college.

The 23-year-old lived at home with her mother, but now she's missing.

"After this rally, I'm going back out there. I'm going to find my daughter," mother Toquanna Baker said.

The nightmare began on May 1. TiJae took the bus to Washington D.C. supposedly to do some posters for a woman she had met online. Then came the nightmare of silence.

"Where's my daughter? She got off at Union Station D.C.," Toquanna Baker said.

The desperate family filed numerous police reports but complain the first police flier put their missing person on a wanted poster.

Eventually, the mother found some leads and was given surveillance video which she shared with Eyewitness News reporter Lucy Yang.

Eyewitness News was told TiJae called from a phone in a salon on June 1, and in a whispered and scared voice begged to be rescued.

"She said just tell her mother to come get her -- now," grandmother Roxanne Baker said.

By the time they raced to Maryland, TiJae was gone.

The mother tells Lucy Yang, she has tracked down the woman who initially asked her daughter to come D.C. She fears her only child may have stepped into some kind of cult.

This is not going to end well. It must have been terrifying to get that phone call.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sounds like human trafficking.

Side note: I am guessing her name is pronounced "TJ." I think that spelling is kind of neat.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2022/...-shero-mother/

Missing college student TiJae Baker found alive and safe thanks to ?shero? mother

After missing for almost two months, 23-year-old East New Yorker TiJae Baker is now home safely due to the tireless efforts of her mother, Toquanna, who announced the news at a press conference from Councilwoman Darlene Mealy?s office this past Friday, June 24.

Baker disappeared on May 1 after taking a bus to Washington, D.C. The soon-to-graduate art major planned to meet a ?client? she was making posters for. Her mother says she was lured to the nation?s capital. Police told Toquanna Baker that her daughter might be a runaway when she reported her missing. Not satisfied with the sidelines, she began making posters of her own and plastered them throughout her neighborhood.

?The police department has their own copy of their missing persons report, but the detective only came up there one time and only saw one poster out of the whole mall,? said Toquanna Baker. ?I?ve already been [there] five times and every store had a poster because of me.?

Tips soon came pouring in and a terrified TiJae Baker called her mom on June 1 from a Maryland nail salon. While Toquanna Baker arrived too late at the time, she was soon able to narrow her daughter?s location to Prince George?s County, where she was seen sleeping in bus stations. A store reached out after they saw a young woman looking for food that matched Baker?s description on one of her mother?s posters. Then a security guard came forward and soon after, a bus driver identified TiJae Baker as one of the passengers in her vehicle. Toquanna Baker rushed down and found her daughter nearby the bus stop, shaken and hurt, but otherwise safe.

Councilmembers Darlene Mealy and Charles Barron, who both assisted with outreach on behalf of the Baker family, were present. Both were harshly critical of how police handle missing Black people.
    ?She did the police work, Ms. Baker should get the salary of all of those police officers that are supposed to be looking for her daughter in Washington, D.C. and here in New York,? said Barron. ?I want to publicly criticize the police here in New York, and especially in D.C. If this was a white person, it would have been all-points bulletin out. They did not treat this case like that.?

?It?s sad that the police department did not do half as much as what Miss Baker did to find her daughter,? said Mealy. ?It?s sad that the city of New York with all the resources, all these cameras, all these listening devices they have and they didn?t do what they were supposed to: find her daughter.?

The councilwoman also called Baker?s mother a ?shero.? The NYPD says her return was not reported to police and is not investigating this case as a kidnapping. Another press statement will be made this week due to a time conflict with the recent overturning of Roe v. Wade.

As for TiJae Baker, she?s currently recovering from the wounds, both physically and emotionally. Her mother says she was kidnapped, and showed pictures of large abrasions on her daughter?s feet and ankles.

?She?s very frightened, she wants to go into hiding,? said Toquanna Baker. ?I will have to deal with the after effects when I get my daughter and her life will never be the same. My life will never be the same. This wasn?t something that she went out and did and [sought] for herself. This was done to her.?

Thread Information