Thread: Supraja Alaparthi (33) died in a parasailing accident in the Florida Keys

Supraja Alaparthi (33) died in a parasailing accident in the Florida Keys

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...crash/40163287

A woman is dead and two children are seriously hurt after a parasailing accident along the Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys.

According to NBC Miami, the crash happened around 5:30 p.m. Monday.

Supraja Alaparthi, 33, was parasailing with her 10-year-old son, Sriakshith Alaparthi, and her 9-year-old nephew, Vishant Sadda. All three were vacationing with family from Illinois.

An incident report from Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials stated a strong gust of wind took control of the parasail and the captain cut the line tethering the victims.

WSVN reports officials believe the captain cut the line to avoid the boat being dragged by the strong winds.

The woman and children were dropped and dragged through the water before crashing into the bridge.

Both boys were taken to the hospital, but Alaparthi was pronounced dead at the scene.

?Our condolences are with the family and loved ones of those affected by Monday?s accident,? Capt. Jason Ingram, Coast Guard Sector Key West commander, said in a news release. ?This was a tragedy for a family seeking to enjoy their visit to the Florida Keys. Our team, and our partners at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, are investigating the accident to determine the causal factors and mitigate future casualties to make the waterways as safe as possible.?

Parasail expert Mark McCulloh stated that cutting the line is not standard practice when winds take control of the parasail.

?In a high wind, the parasail is not going to land and collapse, number one, it?s going to keep on going," he said. ?You never cut the line when you?re in mid-flight. Because then you?ve lost total control of it."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Parasail expert Mark McCulloh stated that cutting the line is not standard practice when winds take control of the parasail.
    What the fuck was the captain thinking?

Also, this is why I don't do these things. I'll stay on the ground, thank you. Flying is bad enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Here's a link to a video that shows the parasailers, but it doesn't show the collision.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...iling-tragedy/

The captain's name is Daniel Couch and he was working for Lighthouse Parasail Inc.

This might be the company's website. It looks like they deleted him from their crew section.

https://flobxfun.com/the-crew/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    How horrible.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Here's a link to a video that shows the parasailers, but it doesn't show the collision.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...iling-tragedy/

The captain's name is Daniel Couch and he was working for Lighthouse Parasail Inc.

This might be the company's website. It looks like they deleted him from their crew section.

https://flobxfun.com/the-crew/
    Looking at the video, couldn't he have steered the boat in to the wind to get everything back and steady? I'm no expert, but I wouldn't have gone out with that wind in the first place, but if this were to happen I would think steering the boat in to the wind would straighten out the parasail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

What.the.fuck he cut the line? Those poor people! What was he thinking?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I hope the family sues the fuck out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He went out when he shouldn't have and thought that the parachute was going to pull the boat under and capsize it. I get what he was thinking, but he should have never gone out in the first place. Once he went out there wasn't a good outcome to be had. He deserves to be sued.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...iling-85920610

Lawsuit filed by family of woman killed while parasailing

The family of a 33-year-old Illinois woman who was killed while parasailing in the Florida Keys last month has filed a wrongful death and personal injury lawsuit against the boat company, attorneys said.

Im glad hear the son is physically okay, though he will have PTSD. I wonder how the nephew is doing?

Im still mad at this captain. What a dumb ass.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information