Thread: Sonic workers flee from large snake found behind fryer

Sonic workers flee from large snake found behind fryer

https://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireSto...fryer-85050864

Workers cooking burgers and tater tots in a Sonic fast-food kitchen fled after discovering an intruder hiding behind the deep fryer.

Brunswick police Lt. Matthew Wilson found employees of the Sonic drive-in huddled in the parking lot when he arrived to investigate last Saturday. On the phone they had described the culprit as brown with diamonds on its back.

?When I saw it, I could tell it was just a ball python and not a rattlesnake,? Wilson told The Brunswick News.

He not only removed the large, non-venomous snake, but also found it a new home with a friend who has a large terrarium and a fondness for snakes.

Wilson says the python likely slipped into the Sonic's kitchen on May 21 through an open back door, finding a cozy spot for its cold-blooded body behind the hot fryer.

Police don't know where the snake came from, though Wilson says it had likely been a pet that got turned loose by its owner.

Eammon Leonard agreed. He's an invasive species biologist with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. Leonard said snakes are often an impulse buy and owners find themselves having second thoughts as their scaly pets grow larger.

?It could be somebody just didn?t think through the consequences of a large snake as a pet,? Leonard said. ?Some people have regrets later on and just release things. It is definitely irresponsible.?

I read about it on my local scanner page.
    I saw a large snake fall out of a tree last year. It would've been terrifying if someone had been standing under the tree when the snake fell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

It was someones pet, I guarentee it. I wonder if they let it go or it escaped.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

A friend of mine was watching a hawk fly over her yard when it dropped a snake it had in its beak. It landed just a few feet from her. All you have to do is look at the sky and kind of squint and she takes cover... I can understand.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I love pythons. They're actually very friendly. I'm glad that they didn't hurt him and that he's found a new home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I love pythons. They're actually very friendly. I'm glad that they didn't hurt him and that he's found a new home.
    The only thing worse than a generic "snake" is a "friendly snake." Seriously, they're just sizing you up for their next meal. /s

I don't go out of my way to kill them, but yeah my days of playing with snakes are long gone, and if one shows up uninvited, I'm not a happy person.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The only thing worse than a generic "snake" is a "friendly snake." Seriously, they're just sizing you up for their next meal. /s

I don't go out of my way to kill them, but yeah my days of playing with snakes are long gone, and if one shows up uninvited, I'm not a happy person.
    I have never played with snakes and never will. I don't kill them unless they are like a rattlesnake on my property, but I am not friends with them.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Snakes freak me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Snakes freak me out.
    Same. Eve if it's non-venomous, I still don't want to get bit. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I don't do snakes. I remember my brother's snake got loose in our house once. It took a until we moved out to see him again. That fucker had me living in fear for about a year. I don't like snakes.

Thread Information