Thread: Kaitlin Marie Armstrong (35) allegedly shot and killed Anna Wilson (25) over drama with a man they both had a relationship with

Kaitlin Marie Armstrong (35) allegedly shot and killed Anna Wilson (25) over drama with a man they both had a relationship with

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Authorities are searching for a woman accused of fatally shooting a cyclist in Austin last week.

Kaitlin Marie Armstrong, 35, is suspected of killing Anna Wilson, 25. Wilson, a Vermont native, was in Austin for a race when she was killed on May 11, according to a release from the U.S. Marshals Service, whose Lone Star Fugitive Task Force is assisting with the investigation.

Police responding to a call at a residence in East Austin found Wilson bleeding and unconscious from multiple gunshot wounds. CPR was performed on Wilson, but she was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the marshals service.

The Austin Police Department asked for assistance from the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force's Austin division to find and arrest Armstrong, who is a resident of Austin. Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force have actively launched a fugitive investigation and are looking into leads about Armstrong's whereabouts.

Armstrong is in a relationship with a man who had a previous relationship with Wilson, and Wilson had gone swimming with that man the day she was killed, according to CBS affiliate KEYE in Austin.

Anyone with information is being asked to call the U.S. Marshals Service Communications Center at 1-800-336-0102.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just break off the relationship?
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wouldn't it have been easier to just break off the relationship?
    Oh, I'm sure she still wanted him and didn't want Anna to have him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...out&li=BBnb7Kz

A Texas woman is wanted for the alleged murder of an elite cyclist who had a relationship with her boyfriend, authorities say

Authorities are searching for a Texas woman accused of murdering an elite cyclist who allegedly dated her boyfriend.

The US Marshals Service is conducting a fugitive investigation into the whereabouts of Kaitlin Marie Armstrong, 34, who is wanted on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the fatal shooting of 25-year-old Anna Moriah Wilson on May 11.

Anyone with information about where Armstrong might be is urged to contact authorities, the Marshals Service said in a news release last Friday.

Wilson, who lived in San Francisco, was in Austin, Texas, for a cycling race when she was shot multiple times at the home of a friend she was staying with, according to an arrest affidavit filed in Travis County District Court.

The affidavit described how both the victim and the suspect had been in romantic relationships with the same man, and detailed text messages and interviews with tipsters pointing to jealousy as a possible motive.

On the day of the murder, Wilson had gone out for an afternoon swim with Colin Strickland, a fellow professional cyclist she?d been dating on and off since last fall, according to the affidavit. During that time, Strickland was living with Armstrong, his girlfriend.

Strickland told police he began his romantic relationship with Wilson during a two-week period when he was separated from Armstrong, according to the affidavit. Strickland maintained his relationship with Wilson after resuming his relationship with Armstrong, per the affidavit, and admitted to trying to hide his communications with her from Armstrong by changing Wilson?s name in his phone and deleting texts.

It?s unclear if Wilson and Strickland were still in a romantic relationship at the time of her death.

Armstrong had contacted Wilson several times and in one instance told her to ?stay away? from Strickland, one of Wilson?s friends told investigators, according to the affidavit.

Strickland considered Wilson to be one of the best cyclists in the world, he told police, and a VeloNews feature published on the day of her death called her ?the winningest woman in the American off-road scene.? Wilson had won a series of races in California this spring, the article notes, before traveling to Austin.

Multiple law enforcement agencies involved in the investigation obtained security camera footage that captured Armstrong?s car near the house before Wilson?s body was found, according to the affidavit.

Within 24 hours of Wilson?s death, officers from the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force apprehended Armstrong in connection with an unrelated arrest warrant and spoke to her. However, Austin Police then said they learned Armstrong?s arrest warrant was not valid and told her she was free to leave.

Armstrong requested to end the interview and left after detectives began confronting her about the security camera video that placed her car near the crime scene, the affidavit states.

Ballistic evidence found at the scene of the killing was compared to bullets test-fired from a firearm Strickland had purchased for Armstrong, according to the affidavit. The test showed ?the potential that the same firearm was involved is significant,? the document showed.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Oh, I'm sure she still wanted him and didn't want Anna to have him.
    And it worked out great for her

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Can we talk about the guy? I can't believe she would murder another woman over a loser like him.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 05-23-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Can we talk about the guy? I can't believe she would murder another woman over a loser like him.
    Agree hes a piece of shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/07/us/ka...ort/index.html

Woman suspected of killing cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson was dropped off at Newark Airport, authorities say

The woman suspected of fatally shooting elite cyclist Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson in Texas last month was seen at Newark Liberty International Airport just one day after Austin police obtained a warrant for her arrest, according to the US Marshals Service.

Kaitlin Marie Armstrong, 34, was at the airport on May 18, the US Marshals said in a news release Monday -- four days after she departed Austin, where Wilson was killed.

However, no reservations were made under her name, the Marshals said, citing a search of outbound flights at the Newark airport.
    Investigators previously learned Armstrong was at the Austin International Bergstrom Airport early in the afternoon of May 14. There, she boarded a flight to Houston Hobby Airport, where she took a connecting flight to LaGuardia Airport in New York.

A homicide warrant was issued for Armstrong on May 17, with an affidavit pointing in part to surveillance video that purportedly shows a vehicle similar to Armstrong's near the scene of the fatal shooting shortly before Wilson's body was found.
    Authorities separately obtained a federal warrant for Armstrong on May 25 for "unlawful flight to avoid prosecution," the US Marshals said.

The US Marshals Service has upgraded the search for Armstrong to "major case status," it said in a news release Monday. The agency is offering up to a $5,000 reward for information leading to her arrest.

Wtf this is absolutely nuts.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/texa...-moriah-wilson

Kaitlin Armstrong, Texas love triangle murder suspect, captured in Costa Rica

The U.S. Marshals Office of International Operations, Homeland Security Investigations, and the Department of State Diplomatic Security Service, working with authorities in Costa Rica, arrested Kaitlin Marie Armstrong on June 29 at a hostel on Santa Teresa Beach in Provincia de Puntarenas in Costa Rica.

34-year-old Armstrong will now be deported and returned to the U.S.

"The Marshals Service elevated the Kaitlin Armstrong investigation to major case status early in this investigation, which likely played a key role in her capture after a 43-day run," said U.S. Marshal for the Western District of Texas Susan Pamerleau in a news release. "This is an example of combining the resources of local, state, federal and international authorities to apprehend a violent fugitive, bring an end to that run and hopefully a sense of closure to the victim’s family."

Recently, members of the U.S. Marshals-led Lone Star Fugitive Task Force and Homeland Security Investigations discovered that Armstrong, using a fraudulent passport, had boarded United Airlines Flight 1222 from Newark International Airport at 5:09 p.m. EST on May 18 and arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica, at 8:27 p.m. EST.

Armstrong was last known to have been dropped off at the New Jersey airport after she left the Austin airport on May 14.

Investigators determined Armstrong was at the Austin International Bergstrom Airport on May 14 at approximately 12:30 p.m. She boarded Flight #WN2262 from ABIA to Houston Hobby Airport and then boarded a connecting Southwest Airlines Flight #WN30 to New York LaGuardia Airport.

How did they not know exactly where she went since she flew out of LaGuardia? It's not like she sneaked over the border...she had to present a passport to fly there and go there.

How did they not know exactly where she went since she flew out of LaGuardia? It's not like she sneaked over the border...she had to present a passport to fly there and go there.
    DailyMail is saying she used a fake passport.

DailyMail is saying she used a fake passport.
    Oh, ok. I missed that. So did she plan it that much that she already had a fake passport ready to go, or what?

Oh, ok. I missed that. So did she plan it that much that she already had a fake passport ready to go, or what?
    Definitely sounds like she did some planning. Still cannot believe she ruined so many lives over a man. Ugh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrives-US.html

Fugitive yoga teacher who fled to Costa Rica after 'murdering love rival' arrives back in US after extradition - and looks VERY different to the picture of her before her disappearance

A fugitive yoga teacher who allegedly gunned down her love rival in Texas and then fled to Costa Rica looks strikingly different in a new mugshot released after her extradition to the US.

Kaitlin Armstrong, 34, arrived at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston on Sunday looking very different to the picture of her before her disappearance.

Abc13 video showed Armstrong in handcuffs and hiding her face behind her formerly ginger hair, which she cut and dyed dark brown to allegedly disguise herself in the Central American country.

Her facial features have seemingly changed too, after a witness to her arrest in Costa Rica claimed to have found a $6,350 receipt for cosmetic surgery amongst her belongings.

The witness alleged he had seen Armstrong with bandages on her nose before her June 29 arrest at a $50-a-night 'treehouse hostel' in Santa Teresa Beach.

Update: I found the answer to my question.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...a-17283306.php

Marshals say one of the primary ways they tracked Armstrong was by searching for local yoga studios and seeing if Armstrong signed up for courses. "Once she got to Costa Rica, she didn’t really move around a lot," Filla said. "We knew she was going to be associated with some type of yoga studio. When foreign officials arrived at that yoga studio, they did find a handwritten login that was the same alias that she was going by when she traveled to Costa Rica.
    Also, the article doesn't say, but I read elsewhere that it's suspected that she used her sister's identity.

I wonder how they recognized her?!
    Last edited by curiouscat; 07-04-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

So, it was yoga that gave her away.

So, it was yoga that gave her away.
    And that is why I don't do yoga!

Also, her nose job healed really quick!

Thread Information