Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Roe v. Wade (49) to be execuited by Supreme Court

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abortio...teve-marshall/

People in Alabama can be prosecuted for taking abortion pills, state attorney general says
    Fucking hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b2d165f9&ei=33

21 South Carolina GOP Lawmakers Propose Death Penalty for Women Who Have Abortions

Members of the South Carolina State House are considering a bill that would make a woman who has an abortion in the state eligible for the death penalty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b2d165f9&ei=33

21 South Carolina GOP Lawmakers Propose Death Penalty for Women Who Have Abortions
    You have got to be kidding me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    This is getting ridiculous...and beyond dangerous. Here is the POS who finds it necessary to impose his own archaic beliefs on women:

https://www.facebook.com/HarrisForSC22

Thank FUCK I'm no longer there. I just wish I could take you all with me to live here. This is COMPLETE insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Thank FUCK I'm no longer there. I just wish I could take you all with me to live here. This is COMPLETE insanity
    Everywhere wants to control women. Look at fucking Poland. All these men are jealous that the Taliban get to treat women the way they do and they can't...yet. I am glad I don't have the necessary baby making parts!

Everywhere wants to control women. Look at fucking Poland. All these men are jealous that the Taliban get to treat women the way they do and they can't...yet. I am glad I don't have the necessary baby making parts!
    Same. That ship has sailed a long time ago.

So this is going to get very interesting after yesterday's judicial ruling in Texas.

It's getting to the point where it doesn't matter what state you live in or can travel to, you're not going to be able to have an abortion even if your life is in danger and you're only a couple of weeks along.

If you are in a position of where you should not have a baby/absolutely do not want to, I would get permanently sterilized if you absolutely don't want to get pregnant and give birth. (before they ban that too, and don't think they can't. In my hometown there is a hospital that is the prime birthing hospital, but because they are Catholic you cannot get your tubes tied there after the birth if that's what you were wanting.)

I remember growing up in the 70's, 80's and into the 90's...seeing the advances women were making all over the world and I now feel like we are rolled back about 100 years. Autonomous control over you own body is such a basic right, if you don't have it wouldn't you say you are essentially a slave?

I think so many people think this is a woman's issue, but that's so short sided. This is a control issue, and it isn't just about women. If people can't control the amount of children they have, they are locked into certain choices in life, and will have so many less options. Women and men will see their quality of life erode over this. Obviously this affect women so much more than men, but I think part of how we got here is by making this be only about women. Men should have been reminded of how they will be affected to because we've made it so easy to think that this is just a 'women's problem'. If people think of it like that, then it's easy to not care if it doesn't directly impact you...and that's how we got here.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 04-08-2023 at 04:25 AM.

So this is going to get very interesting after yesterday's judicial ruling in Texas.

It's getting to the point where it doesn't matter what state you live in or can travel to, you're not going to be able to have an abortion even if your life is in danger and you're only a couple of weeks along.

If you are in a position of where you should not have a baby/absolutely do not want to, I would get permanently sterilized if you absolutely don't want to get pregnant and give birth. (before they ban that too, and don't think they can't. In my hometown there is a hospital that is the prime birthing hospital, but because they are Catholic you cannot get your tubes tied there after the birth if that's what you were wanting.)

I remember growing up in the 70's, 80's and into the 90's...seeing the advances women were making all over the world and I now feel like we are rolled back about 100 years. Autonomous control over you own body is such a basic right, if you don't have it wouldn't you say you are essentially a slave?

I think so many people think this is a woman's issue, but that's so short sided. This is a control issue, and it isn't just about women. If people can't control the amount of children they have, they are locked into certain choices in life, and will have so many less options. Women and men will see their quality of life erode over this. Obviously this affect women so much more than men, but I think part of how we got here is by making this be only about women. Men should have been reminded of how they will be affected to because we've made it so easy to think that this is just a 'women's problem'. If people think of it like that, then it's easy to not care if it doesn't directly impact you...and that's how we got here.
    I agree. The only caveat that I have for this reasoning is that men are rarely held responsible when it comes to child support and never with abandonment all together. I see the laws about child support getting even looser with the new laws, sadly. Sure, they will call someone a deadbeat Dad and day that they're responsible for paying for their child, but I've rarely heard of a case where they actually enforced this.

I like the sentiment though. I hope that some men will actually pay attention to it and feel the same.

I agree. The only caveat that I have for this reasoning is that men are rarely held responsible when it comes to child support and never with abandonment all together. I see the laws about child support getting even looser with the new laws, sadly. Sure, they will call someone a deadbeat Dad and day that they're responsible for paying for their child, but I've rarely heard of a case where they actually enforced this.

I like the sentiment though. I hope that some men will actually pay attention to it and feel the same.
    True on the child support, but I'm not even talking about that. A large portion of abortions occur with married people. Being able to plan you family, timing and size, is powerful. These politicians know this. They can keep people from moving up in jobs, getting an education, making better choices by saddling them with kids and more kids. This will include the men as well as the women.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    If anyone, and I fucking mean anyonethinks, as far too many do now, that you should have a say in a woman's right to choose to continue her pregnancy, I sincerely hope you die a horrible, painful, you feel every goddamn second of the pain death.

Why? Because fuck you, that's why. Your religious beliefs do not govern how others live their lives, and you can choke on a whole entire bag of dicks if you believe otherwise.

You can have a coke and a smile, put a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the fucking trigger as far as I'm concerned.

These bills are anti-woman and anti choice, anti freedom and anti intelligence. But I expect no less from the clueless, classless Republican crowd. You are living, breathing, dog shit with a pulse, and you prove it with every breath you take, and every uninformed bullshit vote you cast.

In fact, just for supporting this legislation, I think they should propose a bill that says every state in favor of restricting abortion access should be gun free, since, you know, freedom and all. No? OF course not, you fuckwit retard asshole shitbags.

How you and I feel about abortion is irrelevant if we're not the ones needing or seeking one, and if you can't accept that then you need to fucking die a horrifically painful death.
    Removing that as an option, particularly when it is the result of a crime like sexual assault or rape, makes you the lowest form of shit.

No, I don't apologize.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I was watching a lawyer speak on PBS just now, and she said some things that are worth thinking about. She said that the judge that made the recent ruling to ban Mifepristone used to be a lawyer for an anti abortion group. He is also an extreme fundie 'christian'. She was examining some of the language in the ruling and it repeatedly kept saying "the unborn human" and she said it had all kinds of medically incorrect data in it. But her point is that he is trying to inject language into the law that defines the embryo as a human from the moment of conception, and further the 'christian' idea that god decides when you get pregnant (so no birth control?) and also when you die. So after they get this language in, look for them to come after death with dignity laws too.

This doesn't just affect pregnant women, this is a complete control grab in an attempt to inject their religion and governance in all of the most private and personal aspects of men and women's lives all over America...and I am sure other 'christian' countries will jump right on it too because so many of them are moving right too. This is a cancer.

Also, Mifepristone is used to treat cushings and other uterine issues that have nothing to do with pregnancy. But fuck you to the people that need it because it's a tool of control now.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 04-08-2023 at 02:50 PM.

I was watching a lawyer speak on PBS just now, and she said some things that are worth thinking about. She said that the judge that made the recent ruling to ban Mifepristone used to be a lawyer for an anti abortion group. He is also an extreme fundie 'christian'. She was examining some of the language in the ruling and it repeatedly kept saying "the unborn human" and she said it had all kinds of medically incorrect data in it. But her point is that he is trying to inject language into the law that defines the embryo as a human from the moment of conception, and further the 'christian' idea that god decides when you get pregnant (so no birth control?) and also when you die. So after they get this language in, look for them to come after death with dignity laws too.

This doesn't just affect pregnant women, this is a complete control grab in an attempt to inject their religion and governance in all of the most private and personal aspects of men and women's lives all over America...and I am sure other 'christian' countries will jump right on it too because so many of them are moving right too. This is a cancer.

Also, Mifepristone is used to treat cushings and other uterine issues that have nothing to do with pregnancy. But fuck you to the people that need it because it's a tool of control now.
    I think this clearly demonstrates what is wrong with every aspect of things...they are interjecting their own beliefs and then allowed to rule/make laws based on their own belief systems. That, in itself, is completely against everything that our country is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I think this clearly demonstrates what is wrong with every aspect of things...they are interjecting their own beliefs and then allowed to rule/make laws based on their own belief systems. That, in itself, is completely against everything that our country is.
    but they will tell you that is exactly what this country is founded on. They have the crazy belief that 'freedom from religion' means the founding fathers wanted a christian nation.

but they will tell you that is exactly what this country is founded on. They have the crazy belief that 'freedom from religion' means the founding fathers wanted a christian nation.

There was a woman from Texas who had to carry her HEADLESS child to term, then had to start a Gofundme to pay for the burial/cremation for her headless baby because she lived for a few hours. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...in-post-roe-te
    Last edited by Meshuga; 04-16-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga View Post
    There was a woman from Texas who had to carry her HEADLESS child to term, then had to start a Gofundme to pay for the burial/cremation for her headless baby because she lived for a few hours. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...in-post-roe-te
    Fuck me. I hate this world

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga View Post
    I just can't.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...wide-102976264

Mexico’s Supreme Court decriminalizes abortion nationwide

Mexico’s Supreme Court threw out all federal criminal penalties for abortion Wednesday, ruling that national laws prohibiting the procedure are unconstitutional and violate women’s rights in a sweeping decision that extended Latin American’s trend of widening abortion access.

The high court ordered that abortion be removed from the federal penal code. The ruling will require the federal public health service and all federal health institutions to offer abortion to anyone who requests it.

“No woman or pregnant person, nor any health worker, will be able to be punished for abortion,” the Information Group for Chosen Reproduction, known by its Spanish initials GIRE, said in a statement.

When Mexico and Ireland are more progressive than you, you really have to stop and examine how you got to where you are

When Mexico and Ireland are more progressive than you, you really have to stop and examine how you got to where you are

While searching for this thread to ad this article, I saw two other threads on here started for Texas abortion regulations on it's own. Texas needs a bitch slap in the worst way:

Texas woman asks court to let her have an abortion
    Doctors have told Kate Cox her baby is at a high risk of a genetic abnormality called trisomy 18 and is likely to be stillborn or live for a week at most. A Texas woman who is 20-weeks pregnant and whose foetus has been diagnosed with a fatal condition has asked a court to allow her to have an abortion.

Texas is one of 13 states that bans abortion at nearly all stages of pregnancy.Kate Cox recently learned her unborn child is at a high risk of a genetic abnormality called trisomy 18, which typically does not result in a viable pregnancy.

The 31-year-old mother-of-two has started legal proceedings in Austin seeking a temporary restraining order allowing a doctor to perform an abortion without being prosecuted.

Doctors have told Ms Cox her baby is likely to be stillborn or live for a week at most, according to court papers.The documents also say because she has already had two previous caesarean sections, she would need to have a third one if she continues the pregnancy, which could jeopardise her ability to have more children.

"Yet because of Texas's abortion bans, Ms Cox's physicians have informed her that their 'hands are tied' and she will have to wait until her baby dies inside her or carry the pregnancy to term, at which point she will be forced to have a third C-section, only to watch her baby suffer until death," the court papers said.

"Kate Cox needs an abortion, and she needs it now."

The legal action is believed to be the first time a woman has sought a court order authorising an abortion since the Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe v Wade 1973 ruling which legalised abortion nationwide.Although Texas allows exceptions, doctors and women have argued in court this year that the state's law is so restrictive and vaguely worded that physicians are afraid of providing abortions for fear they could face potential criminal charges.

Ms Cox has urged the court to rule "expeditiously".

"It is not a matter of if I will have to say goodbye to my baby, but when," she said in a statement.

"I'm trying to do what is best for my baby and myself, but the state of Texas is making us both suffer."

In July, several Texas women gave emotional testimony about carrying babies they knew would not survive and doctors unable to offer abortions despite their spiralling conditions.

A judge later ruled the abortion ban in Texas was too restrictive for women with pregnancy complications - but that decision was swiftly put on hold after the state appealed against it.

Molly Duane, Ms Cox's lawyer who is also a legal representative for the Center for Reproductive Rights, said: "How many people are going through the exact same thing as Kate is right now but are not in a position to file a lawsuit?

"I think that gives you a sense of the scale of the problem that we're dealing with."
    https://news.sky.com/story/texas-wom...rtion-13023880

So they granted the woman in Boston's story an abortion.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ion-rcna128537

Pregnant Texas woman says she’s 'hopeful' after judge grants emergency request to get an abortion

And now, a couple of days later, that misogynistic POS Ken Paxton says that a court granting her an abortion doesn't mean anything and he's trying to stop it and also says he will still sue if she has it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-prosecutable/

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said any doctor who performs an abortion in Texas will be prosecuted, even if a woman is granted a court exception to the state’s strict abortion ban.

An Austin judge gave a woman an exception to state law on Thursday, allowing her to receive abortion care due to her fetus having a lethal medical condition.

Paxton said Thursday that the ruling “will not insulate hospitals, doctors, or anyone else, from civil and criminal liability for violating Texas’ abortion laws.”

He continued, “The TRO [temporary restraining order] will expire long before the statute of limitations for violating Texas’ abortion laws expires.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rtion-kate-cox

The Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton, has threatened to prosecute any doctor who provides an abortion to Kate Cox, a woman with a non-viable pregnancy, advising hospitals to ignore a court order issued on Thursday allowing her to get the procedure.

The rightwing Paxton issued the warning to three Houston-area hospitals after a Texas judge ruled this week that Cox, a pregnant woman with a lethal fetal diagnosis, may obtain an abortion under the narrow medical exceptions offered by the state bans.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/08/u...en-paxton.html

Attorney General Ken Paxton of Texas asked the Texas Supreme Court to reverse a lower court order allowing an abortion to proceed in spite of the state’s strict bans, in the case of a pregnant woman whose fetus has a fatal condition.

In overnight filings on Thursday, Mr. Paxton argued that the court must act quickly to overturn the order and stop the woman, Kate Cox, from obtaining an abortion.

“Each hour it remains in place is an hour that Plaintiffs believe themselves free to perform and procure an elective abortion,” filings by lawyers from Mr. Paxton’s office said. “Nothing can restore the unborn child’s life that will be lost as a result.”

Can she go to another state?

Why would he want that poor baby to suffer and die? What did the baby do to deserve to live with a fatal condition?

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE BABIES. I dont care what they say. As soon as they are born, they are forgotten. Then they end up in a filthy house with 7 other children being starved to death.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Can she go to another state?

Why would he want that poor baby to suffer and die? What did the baby do to deserve to live with a fatal condition?

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE BABIES. I dont care what they say. As soon as they are born, they are forgotten. Then they end up in a filthy house with 7 other children being starved to death.
    She's fighting for herself and other women with the lawsuit. How sad that someone should have to beg for basic health care.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/us/te...ion/index.html

Texas Supreme Court temporarily blocks pregnant woman from emergency abortion

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/09/opini...ler/index.html
    This Texas woman is exposing a chilling truth about abortion law

Kate Cox, a 31-year-old mother of two, had learned that the child she was carrying had full trisomy 18, a rare genetic condition that is almost always fatal. Her physicians have warned that continuing the pregnancy could put her at risk for life-threatening complications. Cox, who wants to have a third child, might also lose her ability to do so if forced to carry the pregnancy to term.

The judge granted Cox?s request on Thursday, but the state will almost certainly appeal to what is a Texas Supreme Court with nine Republican members. Late Friday, the Texas Supreme Court temporarily blocked the lower court?s ruling. But regardless of what happens next, Cox?s suit will shape the abortion debate going forward ? not least because it is historic.

Cox is part of a new generation of plaintiffs telling heartbreaking stories about their experiences under criminal laws in places such as Texas, Idaho, Tennessee and Oklahoma ? plaintiffs willing to speak out in a climate where support for abortion is at a record high, according to a WSJ-NORC poll, and some of the stigma surrounding abortion seems less intense. But given the popularity of abortion rights ? and the obvious tragedy faced by women like Cox ? why are states like Texas fighting so hard to defend their narrow exceptions?

The answer is that Cox?s case and others like it expose how unworkable abortion exceptions are under current law in states with virtual bans, especially when they are attached to harsh penalties like life in prison. Conceding that a woman like Cox is right could threaten to send much else about criminal abortion laws toppling down.
    Cox?s case is quite different. She is an adult, not a minor, and she has not concealed her identity. Her willingness to tell her story is no doubt due to her own strength and commitment, but our present political moment likely has something to do with it too. Poll after poll find strong, if not unprecedented, support for legal abortion, even in states where abortion bans are already in effect. Backlash to these bans ? and to the Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women?s Health Organization ? has made it easier for other women to describe their own experiences with criminal laws and to file suits of their own.

McCorvey and Cano used pseudonyms at a time when pursuing abortion rights might have come at great personal and political cost. Women like Cox and Amanda Zurawski, who is challenging the validity of Texas?s medical emergency exception to abortion, use their own names, and do so with the knowledge that most Americans support legal abortion ? and all the more so in cases like theirs.
    FILE - The exterior of the South Carolina Supreme Court building in Columbia, S.C. is shown, Jan. 18, 2023. South Carolina's new all-male Supreme Court reversed course on abortion on Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2023, upholding a ban on most such procedures after about six weeks of pregnancy. (AP Photo/James Pollard, File)

Opinion: The oxymoron at the heart of GOP abortion ?compromise?

When states fight plaintiffs like Cox and Zurawski in court, it hardly helps Republicans already on the defensive about abortion. It is comparably easy to paint bans as heartless and extreme when the state shows no sympathy for women who stand to lose their fertility, health or lives.

Suits like Cox?s expose how hard it would be to devise a workable abortion exception. In theory, a functioning exception would advance the state?s interest in fetal life while offering a real opportunity for people in exceptional cases that the state deems deserving. But if a state requires harsh punishment ? Texas, for example, authorizes life in prison for abortion ? few doctors will be willing to gamble that they are interpreting the law correctly, even if an exception is relatively clear.

Most exceptions, it turns out, aren?t clear anyway, written not by physicians but by lawmakers who use the language of criminal law, and sometimes write more than one exception into various criminal abortion laws, as in Oklahoma. The broader and more compassionate a state makes an exception, the higher the odds that more plaintiffs like Cox will prevail, but that will require deference to patients and physicians that anti-abortion states focused on punishing abortion providers reject as a matter of principle.

Exceptions almost always leave out other tragic circumstances. Texas has a medical emergency exception, but dismisses a fatal fetal abnormality that could deprive Cox of the ability to have a third child as nothing different than what is experienced by ?countless women who give birth every day.? The risk of death, the state says, is simply ?not imminent? enough.

Thread Information