Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe v. Wade (49) to be execuited by Supreme Court

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I've been volleying between crying and being furious all day. I'm absolutely disgusted at the SC and the damage they let Trump do. The supreme court isn't even supposed to get political, yet here they are making political decisions for the the majority when the majority doesn't agree with it. Literally just taking control of women's bodies.

I didn't agree with expanding the court before, but now that they've shown their cards and lied and are acting like dictators, FUCK YES. EXPAND THAT MOTHERFUCKER NOW AND STACK IT WITH LIBERAL JUDGES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Basically everything I posted yesterday and it's true. You can add interracial marriages to that list of what they'll abolish and the Southern States are licking their chops for that one already.

And don't forget, there are those who are hoping to get a federal law prohibiting abortion, so don't think you're in the clear, just because your state hasn't shut it's clinics down...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    And don't forget, there are those who are hoping to get a federal law prohibiting abortion, so don't think you're in the clear, just because your state hasn't shut it's clinics down...
    It'll be like Marijuana. It's legal in certain States and the federal government will collect taxes, but it's technically still federally illegal so the feds could come in and shut down all of that if they wanted to. It's just in this case, they're making money from it so they leave it alone. If the motivation turns to taking control of people's bodies, they'll do it. Rest assured.

As it is, here in CA weed sales are required to be cash only because none of the banks will do business with them since it's federally illegal.

A lot of people talk shit about our governor, but it makes me happy he is fighting for us!

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Wednesday said he was outraged that the Supreme Court appeared poised to overturn the right to abortion and predicted the decision could lead to future efforts to strike down gay marriage.

Newsom spoke at an event in Los Angeles with members of Planned Parenthood and called for people to ?wake up? in the wake of what he called a ?remarkable moment? in American history.

?At a time when countries around the world are expanding liberties, are expanding rights, here we are in the United States of America about to roll back rights,? he said.

Newsom argued that a weakened right to privacy would affect other protections, saying ?don?t think for a second this is where they stop.?

?You think for a second same-sex marriage is safe in the United States of America?? Newsom said. ?Give me a break.?

President Joe Biden and other Democrats, along with some legal scholars, have also argued that same-sex marriage could be threatened by a weakened right to privacy if the court overturns Roe V. Wade.

They have cited language in the leaked Supreme Court document authored by Justice Samuel Alito on whether rights are ?deeply rooted? in United States history and say that this could lead to other breaks from precedent, Reuters reported.

Alito, for his part, also writes that "nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion."

The Supreme Court?s public affairs office has said that the draft opinion does not represent a decision by the court or the final position on the case.

Newsom referred to comments by Republican Sen. Mike Braun, of Indiana, that appeared to suggest he believed interracial marriage should be left up to the states. Braun, however, later said he had misunderstood the question he was asked.

?Pay attention America, they?re coming after you next,? Newsom said. ?Watch this space. If privacy is not constitutionally protected, this opens up a panoply of issues.?

| RELATED | More than a dozen states have passed bans designed to go into effect if Roe v. Wade is overturned

Newsom went on to talk about plans with Democratic state lawmakers to add an amendment to the California constitution that would make abortion a protected right.

?We will not be defeated,? Newsom said. ?We will affirm the currently constitutionally protected rights of women, girls, their reproductive rights and freedoms in California.?
    https://www.kcra.com/article/wake-up...court/39909615

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

And there it is..... "Misunderstood the question".... Riiiiiight.

Newsom referred to comments by Republican Sen. Mike Braun, of Indiana, that appeared to suggest he believed interracial marriage should be left up to the states. Braun, however, later said he had misunderstood the question he was asked.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is the full opinion. Politico highlighted key points in the opinion so you don't have to read the entire document.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...inion-00029473

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a pro-choice group who has published the addresses of all the justices who support the opinion. They also have rallies planned starting this Sunday.

https://www.ruthsent.us/

Yep. My Mom had a D&C when I was 12 or so. I've always suspected it was ... well something else. But abortion wasn't legal at the time and her doctor was progressive. A real advocate for women's autonomy.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Yep. My Mom had a D&C when I was 12 or so. I've always suspected it was ... well something else. But abortion wasn't legal at the time and her doctor was progressive. A real advocate for women's autonomy.
    Thank goodness for doctors like this!

I had both an abortion and a D&C because of a miscarriage. Looking back, the miscarriage was a blessing since in both cases they were abusive relationships that I would have never escaped.

First of all. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Have people forgotten this? If your religion is against abortion, then don't get one. It's really that simple. Your stupid interpretation of the Bible isn't what I believe. There's MULTIPLE verses in the Bible that claim that life begins at first breath so they're not even following what their stupid book days.

Also, fuck this guy:

You don?t fix a crime committing another crime,? Rodriguez said.

We're literally living in a nightmare.

I cant help but feel bad for these women that will be forced into something they dont want to do. Being pregnant is really scary and anxiety inducing, even for a planned pregnancy. I couldnt imagine carrying a baby to term against my wishes.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Well. They did it. This is literally a violent assault on women as women are going to die.

Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 06-24-2022 at 07:40 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Well. They did it. This is literally a violent assault on women as women are going to die.
    The first of many assaults I'm afraid.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/polit...ves/index.html

Justices spar over how Roe reversal puts precedents on gay rights and contraceptives at risk

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The first of many assaults I'm afraid.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/polit...ves/index.html

Justices spar over how Roe reversal puts precedents on gay rights and contraceptives at risk
    I saw this coming a month ago. I'm just so sorry that I'll be leaving you behind in this hellscape. This is no longer my country as far as I'm concerned.

What about Plan B? I just used that a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What about Plan B? I just used that a couple months ago.
    That's going to be the main contraceptive they're going to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's going to be the main contraceptive they're going to go after.

IUD's, birth control pills, Plan B...all on the chopping block. They consider them to be mini abortions.

IUD's, birth control pills, Plan B...all on the chopping block. They consider them to be mini abortions.
    Yep. I've been sitting here in tears for all the pain that's been unleashed. How many people will die because they tried to "doityourself"? How many kids will suffer because they were born to parents who weren't prepared to parent, regardless of if it's financial or just don't want a kid now, or ever or?

Settled law my ass. A Bernie girl I know is throwing a fit. She just couldn't force herself to vote for Hilary or Uncle joe. I hope she's proud of the part she played.

Yep. I've been sitting here in tears for all the pain that's been unleashed. How many people will die because they tried to "doityourself"? How many kids will suffer because they were born to parents who weren't prepared to parent, regardless of if it's financial or just don't want a kid now, or ever or?

Settled law my ass. A Bernie girl I know is throwing a fit. She just couldn't force herself to vote for Hilary or Uncle joe. I hope she's proud of the part she played.
    Yep. All the "I just couldn't get excited about Hillary" or "I voted 3rd party in 2016" folks should feel good about their foot stamping, fit throwing.

Thread Information