Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Roe v. Wade (49) to be execuited by Supreme Court

I really hope she wins. I hope she is able to get the abortion.

Trisomy 18 is not good, its the worst of birth defects. Fuck whomever is trying to block this from happening. If anything happens to the mom I will lose my shit.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-09-2023 at 02:19 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

It's all about control. Women are to be controlled and not have a mind of their own. It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am furious that she had to do this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...400d9c3e&ei=50

After Texas Supreme Court blocks her abortion, Kate Cox leaves state for procedure

A pregnant Texas woman seeking an abortion after doctors confirmed her fetus has a deadly genetic condition has left Texas for the procedure after the state Supreme Court blocked her from receiving an one, attorneys said Monday.

Kate Cox, a mother of two from Dallas, is in her 21st week of pregnancy and doctors diagnosed her fetus with trisomy 18, a fatal disorder. They recommended an abortion to preserve her reproductive health – a procedure largely prohibited under several Texas laws.

"She’s been in and out of the emergency room and she couldn’t wait any longer," said Nancy Northup, chief executive of the Center for Reproductive Rights, which is representing Cox in a lawsuit challenging the Texas abortion bans.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

"This is why judges and politicians should not be making health care decisions for pregnant people," Northup added. "They are not doctors."
    GMAFB
    In his petition, Paxton argued the state would suffer an "irreparable loss" should Cox terminate her pregnancy.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am furious that she had to do this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...400d9c3e&ei=50

After Texas Supreme Court blocks her abortion, Kate Cox leaves state for procedure

GMAFB
    This is insanity and yet another reason why people need to thing long and hard before they move to Texas.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It's all about control. Women are to be controlled and not have a mind of their own. It's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    This is insanity and yet another reason why people need to thing long and hard before they move to Texas.
    Yes. These pieces of shit just want to control women and tell them what they can and cannot do with THEIR OWN FUCKING BODY. It's fucking GROSS. HOW THE FUCK IS THIS NOT CONSIDERED UNCONSTITUTIONAL?!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yes. These pieces of shit just want to control women and tell them what they can and cannot do with THEIR OWN FUCKING BODY. It's fucking GROSS. HOW THE FUCK IS THIS NOT CONSIDERED UNCONSTITUTIONAL?!
    Aw, come on Boston. You know the Constitution doesn't apply to women. They were meant to stay home, do as they were told, and have babies.

Vote Vote Vote
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Because men get to decide was is and isn't.

It's great to be a woman, right?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Aw, come on Boston. You know the Constitution doesn't apply to women. They were meant to stay home, do as they were told, and have babies.

Vote Vote Vote
    And cook for their husbands.

Buckle up. Man I'm glad I can' get pregnant.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/polit...rug-nationwide

Supreme Court to decide whether to restrict abortion drug nationwide

The Supreme Court said Wednesday it will consider whether to restrict access to a widely used abortion drug — even in states where the procedure is still allowed.

The case concerns the drug mifepristone that — when coupled with another drug — is one of the most common abortion methods in the United States.

The decision means the conservative-leaning court will again wade into the abortion debate after overturning Roe v. Wade last year, altering the landscape of abortion rights nationwide and triggering more than half the states to outlaw or severely restrict the procedure.

The new case could be decided by July, inserting the Supreme Court into the middle of the presidential election, where abortion access is once again a key issue.

For now, mifepristone remains available and not subject to restrictions the lower courts have said should be imposed on its use. The high court determined in April that access to the drug would remain unchanged until the appeals process finishes.

Can I still get my tubes tied? Or is that not allowed either, since I am only good for baby making?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-es-rcna135565

64K women and girls became pregnant due to rape in states with abortion bans, study estimates

More than 64,000 women and girls became pregnant because of rape in states that implemented abortion bans after Roe v. Wade was overruled, according to a new research estimate published online Wednesday.

The research letter, published by JAMA Internal Medicine and headed up by the medical director at Planned Parenthood of Montana, estimated that nearly 520,000 rapes were associated with 64,565 pregnancies across 14 states, most of which had no exceptions that allowed for terminations of pregnancies that occurred as a result of rape.

Texas topped the list, with 45% of the rape-related pregnancies occurring within the state, researchers estimated. Ninety-one percent of the estimated rape-related pregnancies took place in states without exceptions for rape, according to the researchers.

"Few (if any)" of the women and girls who became pregnant because of rape "obtained in-state abortions legally, suggesting that rape exceptions fail to provide reasonable access to abortion for survivors," the research letter said.

Abortion rape exceptions can be rendered “virtually meaningless” because of rape reporting requirements, said Dr. David Himmelstein, who co-authored the research and teaches at the School of Urban Public Health at Hunter College.

"I think, frankly, those are window dressing exceptions," Himmelstein said. "They're not actually exceptions ... [that are] effective in making abortion available in cases of rape."

Thats just sad. I could never have a baby with my rapist.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

That's horrible.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama...ivf-fertility/

Alabama court ruled frozen embryos are children. Experts explain potential impacts to IVF treatment.

Abortion rights groups and IVF advocates have been warning about the possibility since before the Supreme Court's 2022 decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and as Republican-led states passed new abortion restrictions in its wake. The Alabama decision cited language added to the state constitution in 2018, which says "it is the public policy of this state to ensure the protection of the rights of the unborn child."

Now, fertility experts and organizations say Alabama's ruling could lead to a decrease in IVF access and care.

Dr. Mari Mitrani, co-founder and chief scientific officer at Gattaca Genomics, told CBS News the ruling poses "serious potential and unintended consequences to the fertility industry as a whole, threatening Alabamans' rights to start a family."

About 1 in 5 people are unable to get pregnant after one year of trying, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A recent survey found 42% of American adults say they have used, or know someone who has used, fertility treatments.

"This ruling poses a threat to embryologists, fertility doctors, lab technicians and all fertility healthcare providers in Alabama," Mitrani said. "The local medical professionals will be exposed to unforeseen consequences due to this ruling, when trying to help their patients."

The impact could reach beyond the state, too.

"This ruling has profound implications far beyond Alabama's borders," Resolve: The National Infertility Association said in a statement on social media "Every American who wants or needs access to family building options like IVF should be deeply concerned about this development and the precedent it will set across the country."

Alabama court ruled frozen embryos are children. Experts explain potential impacts to IVF treatment.
    What the absolute? As a Southerner, I am embarrassed by these extreme measures.

So.....that means that I can freeze a bunch of my embryos, take life insurance out on them and when the IVF clinic flushes them down the toilet I can collect. Right?
    *Boston starts planning so she can become a Billionaire*

Wasnt there a huge battle with Sofia Vergara and her ex about frozen embryos? Like who had custody of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wasnt there a huge battle with Sofia Vergara and her ex about frozen embryos? Like who had custody of them?
    She wanted them destroyed, he wanted them implanted in someone and grown to term. She won. I think he just wanted to get fame/publicity and control her. I really don't think she wants kids at all. She and her latest husband split because he wanted to have kids.
    https://people.com/tv/sofia-vergaras...resss-consent/

Sofia Vergara's Ex Nick Loeb Loses Final Appeal Ruling That He Can't Use Embryos Without Her Consent
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-22-2024 at 07:56 AM.

She wanted them destroyed, he wanted them implanted in someone and grown to term. She won. I think he just wanted to get fame/publicity and control her. I really don't think she wants kids at all. She and her latest husband split because he wanted to have kids.
    https://people.com/tv/sofia-vergaras...resss-consent/

Sofia Vergara's Ex Nick Loeb Loses Final Appeal Ruling That He Can't Use Embryos Without Her Consent
    She has a son, but hes an adult.

Thats messed up he was going to implant her embryos into someone else. Im glad she won.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She has a son, but hes an adult.

Thats messed up he was going to implant her embryos into someone else. Im glad she won.
    Exactly. He can go have kids with someone else.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live.../?id=108467730

In abortion pill hearing, Supreme Court sounds skeptical of challenge to mifepristone access-It's the first major abortion rights case since Roe was overruled

A high-stakes hearing played out before the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday in a case that could reshape abortion access nationwide.

The justices considered a challenge to the Food and Drug Administration’s regulation of mifepristone, the first pill taken in a two-drug regimen for a medication abortion, which is the most common method of abortion in the country.

It is the first major reproductive rights case before the high court since Roe v. Wade was overturned in 2022. A decision is expected by the end of June.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-26-2024 at 10:57 AM.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live.../?id=108467730

In abortion pill hearing, Supreme Court sounds skeptical of challenge to mifepristone access-It's the first major abortion rights case since Roe was overruled
    I don't see how they can restrict it, as it would be overreaching. However, they overturned Roe v. Wade, so one never knows.

Thread Information