Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Singer Naomi Judd (76), "lost to mental illness" per daughters

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I cannot imagine what Ashley saw. Has to be absolutely mortifying.

Im sorry just read back in the thread and the info I posted was already posted upthread.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This is all rather disturbing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...c68fd7eec2ed31

Naomi Judd’s heartbreaking last note: ‘Do not let Wy come to my funeral’

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This is all rather disturbing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...c68fd7eec2ed31

Naomi Judd’s heartbreaking last note: ‘Do not let Wy come to my funeral’
    I saw that yesterday. Not only the PostIt note, but also how Ashley held her mother and tried to apply pressure to her head wound for almost an hour until help arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I saw that yesterday. Not only the PostIt note, but also how Ashley held her mother and tried to apply pressure to her head wound for almost an hour until help arrived.
    Ugh, that's horrible.

There's a pic of the scene here if anyone wants to see it:
    https://radaronline.com/p/naomi-judd...anned-funeral/

According to the Williamson County Medical Examiner’s Office, a toxicology report showed Naomi, who suffered from anxiety, bipolar disorder, and depression, had taken a slew of prescription drugs — including medication used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-20-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Ugh, that's horrible.

There's a pic of the scene here if anyone wants to see it:
    https://radaronline.com/p/naomi-judd...anned-funeral/
    Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://theblast.com/305540/naomi-ju...ription-drugs/

She had a lot of prescription drugs in her system, but the 2 im questioning is the etomidate which is an IV sedative, and an Alzheimers drug. She was also on a barbiturate and I didnt think human doctors used those anymore.

No judgement from me about the prescriptions, I think her doctor gave her the etimidate to sedate her because she was having an episode, but Im also wondering if she had Alzheimers.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-20-2023 at 10:21 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    https://theblast.com/305540/naomi-ju...ription-drugs/

She had a lot of prescription drugs in her system, but the 2 im questioning is the etomidate which is an IV sedative, and an Alzheimers drug. She was also on a barbiturate and I didnt think human doctors used those anymore.

No judgement from me about the prescriptions, I think her doctor gave her the etimidate to sedate her because she was having an episode, but Im also wondering if she had Alzheimers.
    A lot of people with early Alzheimer's disease have really bad depression and mood swings. I would guess that if she was taking that then she probably was in early stages of it.

A lot of people with early Alzheimer's disease have really bad depression and mood swings. I would guess that if she was taking that then she probably was in early stages of it.
    They also have high anxiety. I thought it was weird she said she didnt want her daughter at her funeral because she was mentally ill, when she, herself, was mentally ill.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She was obviously not in her right mind at the time. However, I've had my suspicions that she wasn't a very good Mother to either of them. She always came off as selfish to me. I could be completely off base with that, but I always felt like she was trying to put on a sweet exterior but was mean in reality. The fact that she left both daughters out of the will reads as spiteful for some reason. What a horrible note to leave though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Etomidate is absolutely off label.

Mental illness + Alzheimer's = a chaotic mental state. Either one on it's own can be difficult to keep your mental balance with but together they are a disaster in the making. My Mom, who I've mentioned in the past but has since then passed away, was severely mentally ill. Very similar to Ms. Judd. Then the Alzheimer's kicked in and there were times she went weeks without lucidity. The meds for one can trigger the other to spiral. And if you add a UTI to the mix it can really send them off into a mental freefall. Her daughters had to watch it happen and that makes my heart hurt.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Mental illness + Alzheimer's = a chaotic mental state. Either one on it's own can be difficult to keep your mental balance with but together they are a disaster in the making. My Mom, who I've mentioned in the past but has since then passed away, was severely mentally ill. Very similar to Ms. Judd. Then the Alzheimer's kicked in and there were times she went weeks without lucidity. The meds for one can trigger the other to spiral. And if you add a UTI to the mix it can really send them off into a mental freefall. Her daughters had to watch it happen and that makes my heart hurt.
    I'm sorry you had to experience this with your mom.

I'm sorry you had to experience this with your mom.
    I always say "yeah, Shirley was a hoot" but in all honesty I admired her. The time we had with her near me after Dad passed, was enlightening. Even with her dubious mental state I got to really see her for who she tried so hard to be. She was in a care home because I was not equipped to have taken proper care of her w/ all her health and mental health issues but I was up w/ her 6 days then 7 days a week. She lived her whole life with mental illness. Sadly under treated until the 80s other than yearly trips, sometimes two or three, to the R wing for heavy doses of meds and sadly ECT. Mental illness wasn't really treated until after she had raised us and we were adults. She was my hero because in spite of it all, she woke up every day and tried to keep her demons at bay. Most days she did not or the meds put her into a stupor but for 90 years our Shirley Girl tried her hardest and while she really wasn't a very good mom, she was my mom and she was a fighter until the mind puddles finally took her under.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I always say "yeah, Shirley was a hoot" but in all honesty I admired her. The time we had with her near me after Dad passed, was enlightening. Even with her dubious mental state I got to really see her for who she tried so hard to be. She was in a care home because I was not equipped to have taken proper care of her w/ all her health and mental health issues but I was up w/ her 6 days then 7 days a week. She lived her whole life with mental illness. Sadly under treated until the 80s other than yearly trips, sometimes two or three, to the R wing for heavy doses of meds and sadly ECT. Mental illness wasn't really treated until after she had raised us and we were adults. She was my hero because in spite of it all, she woke up every day and tried to keep her demons at bay. Most days she did not or the meds put her into a stupor but for 90 years our Shirley Girl tried her hardest and while she really wasn't a very good mom, she was my mom and she was a fighter until the mind puddles finally took her under.

Thread Information