Thread: Felicia Marie Johnson (24) missing from Houston since 4/15/2022

Felicia Marie Johnson (24) missing from Houston since 4/15/2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/22/us/fe...ton/index.html

The family of a 24-year-old woman last seen in Houston on April 15, is pleading for help in finding her after her bloody cell phone was discovered near a park in West Houston following her disappearance.

According to community activist Quanell X, who is the leader of the New Black Panther Nation in Houston, Felicia Marie Johnson traveled to Houston from California, hoping to gain employment at the Cover Girls Night Club. Johnson reportedly called an Uber after leaving the club, but when the Uber was taking too long to get there, a man at the club offered to give her a ride to where she needed to go, Quanell X said.

"Felicia has not been seen since. No cell phone activity, no credit card activity, no social media activity. She has absolutely just vanished off the face of the earth," Quanell X said at a press conference on Wednesday in Houston.

Quanell X said his organization has been looking into the disappearance, along with a private investigator hired by the family.

The Houston Police Department (HPD) says Johnson's disappearance is considered a missing persons case, though they couldn't say whether foul play is suspected. Police did not comment on the details about Johnson's disappearance provided by Quanell, but said they have been in touch with Johnson's family, and anyone with information about her disappearance is asked to contact HPD's missing persons unit.

According to Quanell X, the private investigator hired by the family found Johnson's cell phone covered in blood and discarded on the side of the road at Bear Creek Park in West Houston. He said Moore's personal belongings were found in her hotel room, and his group has turned over what they found to HPD.

"We believe that she is the victim of foul play. We believe that she's being held against her will," Quanell X said. "But we want whoever is holding her to know that we will not rest. We will not stop looking. We will continue looking for her. We will continue hunting you. No matter what takes place. We will continue hunting you and we will not forget Felicia."

"I'm trying to hold myself together and stand strong for the family and for you," Johnson's father, Kevin Johnson, said addressing his daughter at the press conference. "And I won't rest for a day in my life until I have you back. It's a tragedy that you've been caught up in this."

Quanell X called for HPD to treat cases of missing Black women with the same urgency as missing White women. "Because it seems like when young Black females go missing in the city -- it's not a priority," he said.

HPD told CNN they are taking the case seriously and are conducting a thorough investigation.

Texas EquuSearch, a mounted search and recovery team that provides volunteer horses for lost and missing persons, has also joined in the search for Johnson, Quanell X said. "We've been following several tips, but none of them have panned out," he added.

CNN has attempted to reach the Cover Girls Night Club for comment but has been unable to speak with anyone.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    HPD told CNN they are taking the case seriously and are conducting a thorough investigation.
    Define "Thorough". Because seems to me that everything that's been found or looked in to and the searching is all being done by the family and people the family reached out to for help.

Honestly. What do these cops even do anymore? What are we paying them for? To issue speeding tickets and kill POC and otherwise sit around with their thumbs up their ass, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ub-in-houston/

Crime Stoppers offering $5K reward for information in case of missing woman last seen leaving Houston nightclub

It’s been more than a week since Felicia Johnson was reported missing and there are lots of questions surrounding her disappearance.

She was last seen at the Cover Girl’s Night Club on West Little York Road.

Several agencies including, the Houston Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigations are involved in the case, and Crime Stoppers of Houston is now offering a $5,000 reward for information.

On Sunday, a small group lit candles and held a prayer vigil for the 24-year-old at Bear Creek Park.

Kevin Johnson said he misses his daughter.

“Baby, Daddy is here for you. I’m not leaving until we find you. I’m standing strong for you every day and it gets harder. I’m not going to lie, but every day I’m finding more strength to keep going,” he said.

Kevin stood beside activist Quanell X, The Rainbow PUSH Coalition, CrimeStoppers and HPD detectives making sure others hear her story.

“We firmly believe that she is the victim of foul play. We firmly believe that someone has taken her against her will and we believe that this sister should be treated with the highest priority with law enforcement,” Quanell X said.

Felicia was a model and loved hair. She came to Houston from California to celebrate her birthday earlier this month. She applied for a job at the Cover Girl’s Night Club but was turned down. She got into a car with a man and disappeared.

Quanell X says they have received some tips about the case.

“Someone is deliberately attempting to throw us off. Someone is deliberately creating social media pages in her name and image to make it seem as though she is still out there doing something other than in harm’s way,” Quanell X said.

The family hired a private investigator, and the FBI is working on the case.

There have been a lot of Black women coming up missing lately. Especially in Texas and St. Louis. It's not looking good for this young lady and another young lady missing in Texas. Most are newly transplants (new to the state). I hope that some of them are found, but it's not looking good in a lot of cases.

https://abc13.com/felicia-johnson-de...pect/11942921/

Houston missing persons case turns into homicide investigation

A 24-year-old woman who was reportedly last seen leaving a job audition in April may already be dead, Houston police said on Thursday.

In new information released nearly two months after Felicia Johnson's disappearance, police identified the suspect in her murder as 28-year-old Chukwuebuka Nwobodo, who is already been charged in the 232nd State District Court but isn't in custody.

According to HPD Homicide Section detectives, Johnson was reported missing from the InterContinental Houston-Medical Center hotel in the 6700 block of Main Street on April 16. The report was made after her cell phone, covered in blood, was found off the roadway in Bear Creek Pioneers Park near Highway 6 and Clay Road.

Additional investigating revealed Johnson left the hotel in a vehicle in the early morning hours on April 16.

How does Nwobodo fit into the case, according to HPD? Detectives learned he picked up Johnson from an apartment complex at 3233 Windchase Blvd. and took her to his apartment at 14935 S. Richmond Ave.

Police said evidence indicates Nwobodo killed Johnson inside his apartment before disposing of her personal belongings in the park. It's believed he disposed of Johnson's body at some point within the following days.

Despite the new details, police haven't yet recovered Johnson's body and Nwobodo remains at large.

Thread Information