Thread: Kamilah N. Fipps (21) missing from Jackson State University, MO since 4/19/22

Kamilah N. Fipps (21) missing from Jackson State University, MO since 4/19/22

https://www.wisn.com/article/milwauk...ippi/39791196#

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation on Thursday issued a Silver Alert for a missing college student from Milwaukee.

Kamilah N. Fipps, 21, is a senior at Jackson State University.

She was last seen Tuesday on J.R. Lynch Street walking away from her dorm in an unknown direction.

The location is on campus near the JSU Student Center.

Fipps was described as being 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 130 pounds.

She has black hair, brown eyes and wears gold-framed glasses.

The statement from MBI cited relatives who said Fipps has a medical condition "that may impair her judgment."

Investigators said she may have bought a bus ticket.

"Based on the information we have, the ticket was purchased by Miss Fipps and ended in New York City, which was the final destination for that ticket she purchased," said Chief Herman Horton, director of public safety for JSU.

He said during a news conference Friday that police have been tracking a credit card that showed Fipps purchased the ticket Wednesday at a Jackson Greyhound bus station.

"We have reached out to determine if she arrived at that location, or if she was with someone," Horton said.

The police chief said Fipps' mother was concerned about her whereabouts and had not heard from her daughter.

"We have been in constant contact with her mother encouraging her to give us a call, and she's been doing that," Horton said. "We understand that as a parent, being miles away from your child and haven't heard from her, we understand that."

No foul play was suspected in her disappearance.

"As of this morning, I found out this has somewhat reached the national level," Horton said. "We appreciate it going to that length, rather than keeping it local."

Police began investigating after someone called about 1 p.m. Thursday concerned about Fipps' wellbeing.

"My heart is breaking," Vicky Fipps told WISN 12 on Friday. "I just want my baby back home."

She said she didn't know why her daughter would be going to New York.

"I'm calling her phone. I'm calling her phone and it's still going to voicemail," Vicky Fipps said.

Kamilah Fipps is a graduate of Golda Meir High School.

"I just couldn't really believe she was really missing," friend Austin Taylor said at Jackson State.

"The last time I talked to her was on Monday, and I kind of knew something was wrong because I called her back on Tuesday. Her phone went straight to voicemail," her mother said.

The condition fit the criteria in Mississippi for Silver Alert status, which is slightly different than Wisconsin.

"The Silver Alert System, which is similar to the Amber Alert System for children, is designed to help spread the message about a missing person, 18 years or older with dementia or other cognitive impairment, in hopes to locate the person as quickly as possible," according to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety website.

In Wisconsin, Silver Alerts are issued for individuals who are 60 years of age or older and believed to have Alzheimer's, Dementia, or another permanent cognitive impairment "which poses a threat to their health and safety", according to the Wisconsin Department of Justice.

Anyone with information on Fipps' whereabouts was asked to call Jackson State University Police at 601-979-2580.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...ed-with-family

Milwaukee student missing from Mississippi college found safe, reunited with family

Investigators say the Milwaukee student who went missing last week from her college campus in Mississippi has been found safe in Richmond, Virginia on Wednesday.

Kamilah Fipps, 21, was found unharmed around 1:45 p.m. and has been reunited with her mother and family in Richmond, according to the Jackson State University Police Chief Herman Horton.

Fipps' mother, Vickey Fipps, tells TMJ4 News she is ecstatic to have her daughter home safe.

"I'm happy to be back with my baby," Vickey said. "I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart."

Vickey said she is still trying to figure out what happened.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm so relieved that this ended well, all too often it doesn't.

Given the timing and her age, my guess is that she was supposed to graduate this year but wasn't going to and didn't want to shame her family. College kids are under so much pressure and sometimes even moreso when family is making a big deal about college as a whole.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad that she's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information