Thread: Chinese Eastern Airlines flight MU5735 crashed during cruise, killing 132 people

Chinese Eastern Airlines flight MU5735 crashed during cruise, killing 132 people

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-15-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/24/busin...hnk/index.html

China Eastern Airlines grounds 223 Boeing 737-800 aircraft after crash

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...midair-breakup

China Crash Mystery Grows as Evidence Signals Midair Breakup

How in the fuck can our NTSB rule it a murder-suicide when they don't have both of the black boxes and the investigation has just started??? Seems like someone is wanting to protect Boeing. I don't see suicide at all in this crash. I see a possible bomb, failure of a part that came off the airplane and caused explosive decompression or something like that. I think our NTSB is WAY overstepping.
    I think the article is saying that the NTSB felt the 1997 crash was a murder-suicide and the reporter is speculating that there are similarities. I don't think the NTSB is taking any position on this 2022 crash at this time, (admittedly, I've only read the parts of the article you posted, haven't looked at the whole thing)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, my first thought reading about the part falling off is that it was an equipment failure of some sort of important part of the plane that led to no chance at recovery. By the sounds of it regarding it falling then stabilizing and then free falling after that, those pilots tried everything they could to keep it in the air.

Like Puzz mentioned, I don't think it's the NTSB claiming that it looks like a murder/suicide situation. Just speculation from the journalist probably trying to sensationalize the story. However, from the get go with all of the reports leading with and over stressing that it wasn't a 737 MAX, it was as if they were already setting the stage to protect Boeing in general.

In my opinion, planes are no different than cars. Some are assembled better than others and some are going to have more issues than others regardless of the age of the unit. To put it plainly, there are going to be lemons and defective planes. However, having a six year old plane made by Boeing experiencing an equipment failure on the tail end of the already bad rep of the MAX isn't a good look.

I believe that just about ALL Corporations have gotten lazy and cheap therefore it's resulted in poor craftsmanship. It could be as simple as people on the production line being overworked and not paying enough attention to what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I did mis-read the article, but the "it was a suicide" theory IS being pushed hard by US investigators. All of the people that my husband has been flying with this week are convinced that it was a suicide and ready to close the book on it based on chatter from people they know at the FAA and NTSB. I went out looking for something official to back that up and saw that article and mis-read it and was further pissed.

Some of the articles that I read earlier ARE mentioning the suicide theory and I am just having a real hard time seeing how that's even a possible viable theory when the plane seems to have come apart during cruise. I remember how dismissive US pilots, the NTSB, FAA and Boeing were after the first Max crash a couple of years ago (those foreigners don't know how to fly, there's nothing wrong with them) and look where we are with that. It's obviously in a lot of people's interests to make this not be anything to do with the plane. It may very well be something not related to the plane (terrorism, weather) but I think it's waaaay too early for anyone to be saying anything.

A cousin of mine does crash investigation work. She's an ME so looking at metal fatigue, engine failure issues... that kind of work. Drives her nuts, when, 10 minutes after a crash people start bsing about how it had to be x or y. We don't know and won't know for months, may never "know"... but there's always someone ready to go on TV or to talk to reporters and speculate.

There was a time when I had faith that the FAA and/or the NTSB wouldn't cover for Boeing or whoever, but seeing how had OSHA and the CDC worked to cover for the meatpacking industry? Well, let's just say they acted as a subsidiary of Hormel and Smithfield, not to mention Purdue. So yeah.

And of course, there's terrorism and weather that are possibilities too, as you say.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All of this!

If you really want to lose faith in the FAA and NTSB, watch the Downfall documentary.

https://www.geekwire.com/2022/downfa...-tech-tragedy/
    I'll have to look at that. So frustrating that the watchdogs have been compromised to serve industry.

Thread Information