Thread: Cody Stepp (3) missing since 3/11/1997

Cody Stepp (3) missing since 3/11/1997

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...tepp-3-11-2022

It was March 11, 1997, when 3-year-old Cody Stepp went missing without a trace. Now Cody?s mother is pushing for answers on the 25 year anniversary of his disappearance.

Robin Stepp, now 53, has a terminal lung disease.

?I don?t know how much longer I have on this Earth. I would like to have some kind of closure, hopefully, see him again,? Robin said.

Robin and her long-time friend Pam Taylor showed us a few treasured photos and toys that Cody played with as a child.

?I remember his smile, being so big and bright. He was a happy baby. Beautiful blue eyes. Loved fire trucks, Big Bird and Sesame Street,? Robin said.

Pam, 68, said she thinks of Cody like a son.

?It?s just the wondering where he is. How he is. What kind of person he is,? Pam said.

Archive video shows uniformed officers and police cadets in sweats out searching for the boy in 1997 near the home on Hosack Street. Robin was seen on camera crying, pleading for information that could lead police to find her toddler son.

?Cody if you can hear mommy. Mommy loves you, baby. Mommy wants you to come home,? Robin said.

There are many theories about what happened, but the missing case was never closed.

Robin?s sister Mickey had custody of the child. She told police in 1997 that when she went to the store Cody was playing in the yard.

?He has never left the yard before. So I thought he would be fine,? Mickey said.

Both Robin?s sister and mother have since died.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is helping to find answers and to generate new leads in the case.

They have put together a poster showing what Cody looked like as a 3 year old, and now at age 28. Robin said they had extended family in West Virginia and Kentucky, so she wonders if the boy was taken by a relative. Robin holds to hope that he has not died.

Columbus Police said they have an investigator taking another look at the cold case. For Robin, knowing what happened to their son is everything. ?It would be like Heaven on Earth. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my whole life,? Robin said.

Pam said even after her friend passes, she won?t give up on finding Cody.

?I am doing everything I can. I want to give this closure to Robin. I don?t know if she will be here next year on this day, but that is a gift I would love to give to Robin,? Pam said.

Robin wears a cross necklace around her neck. She is an early riser and said when she drinks her coffee in the morning, she talks to God and prays for help.

?I just want some closure before I go. I don?t know how much longer I have left. I just need to know. It?s been 25 years. Somebody knows something,? Robin said.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Very sad. Part of me has hope that he's still alive, the other part thinks something happened and the sister is covering it up

She's dead now though, so if something did happen she took it to her grave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Who would go to a store and leave a 3 year old by himself in the yard? That just doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Who would go to a store and leave a 3 year old by himself in the yard? That just doesn’t make sense.
    The same type that would leave a four-year-old and two two-year-old twins alone in an apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It says in a neighbor's yard too. Which is confusing because the sister claimed that she didn't think he'd ever leave the yard. Did the neighbor have a kid too? Did the neighbor ever help watch him? Or did she just see that he was in the neighbor's yard and think he was okay to leave there alone?
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/oh-court...s/1037883.html

On March 11, 1997, Aaron Cody Stepp, three years old, was playing in the backyard of 220 Hosack Street, the lot adjacent to 214 Hosack Street, where he lived with his grandmother, Janice Stiles, and his aunt, Mickey Stepp.   Mickey was appointed Cody's guardian while plaintiff was incarcerated.   While Cody was playing in the backyard alone, his aunt walked to the corner store to buy a bag of potato chips.   Janice was in the house at 220 Hosack for part of the time, but then returned to her residence at 214 Hosack Street.   According to Janice and Mickey, Cody disappeared from the backyard of 220 Hosack sometime between the time Mickey left to walk to the store and her return home.   The missing person's report filed by Cody's grandmother and aunt stated that Cody was wearing only a lightweight nylon warm-up outfit that evening, even though the outside temperature had dropped to approximately 28 degrees Fahrenheit.

Although Janice and Mickey claim that Cody disappeared on March 11, 1997, there was evidence proffered during the hearing on plaintiff's application for a presumption of death that Cody disappeared long before March 11, 1997.   Multiple witnesses testified that, prior to March 11, there were no indications, such as toys or clothes, that a little boy was living with either Janice or Mickey.   Furthermore, upon investigation, a nurse who gave vaccinations to a boy the same age as Cody in February 1997, identified Kelly Robert Hunt as the child used to impersonate Cody by Mickey Stepp
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Bingo. Something happened to that boy either on purpose or by accident and this was her way of covering it up..
    Oh well, back to gum.

Mickey.   Furthermore, upon investigation, a nurse who gave vaccinations to a boy the same age as Cody in February 1997, identified Kelly Robert Hunt as the child used to impersonate Cody by Mickey Stepp
    oh yeah the aunt did it if she went to these lenghs to cover it up. It could have been a neglectful accident, murder by her or someone else. She should have been arrested for pulling that shit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information