Thread: The Austin Yogurt Shop Murders

The Austin Yogurt Shop Murders

I don't think we have a thread on this case, but I have always been interested in it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yogurt-...-austin-texas/

Could a DNA sample taken 30 years ago solve the infamous yogurt shop murder case?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't think we have a thread on this case, but I have always been interested in it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yogurt-...-austin-texas/

Could a DNA sample taken 30 years ago solve the infamous yogurt shop murder case?
    I hope they find these monsters. I cant imagine people capable of doing this walking amoung us.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I hope they find these monsters. I cant imagine people capable of doing this walking amoung us.
    And even worse, the FBI knows who the DNA matches. They put all of these anonymous DNA samples into the database years ago (anonymous on the display end, but FBI knows who they belong to) and there is a match to the DNA in the case.

And even worse, the FBI knows who the DNA matches. They put all of these anonymous DNA samples into the database years ago (anonymous on the display end, but FBI knows who they belong to) and there is a match to the DNA in the case.
    Interesting... they are probably anonymous because they are informants or in witness protection.

Unfortunately, the FBI DNA no longer matches:

"48 Hours" has learned that initially, the sample from the crime scene was not very detailed and had only 16 markers, but more advanced testing in 2020 came up with an additional nine markers, bringing the total marker count to 25. However, this more advanced testing revealed that the sample from the crime scene no longer proved to be a match to the sample in the public DNA database. In a letter to Congressman McCaul obtained by "48 Hours," the FBI explained the new results "conclusively exclude the male donor of the FBI's sample … as such, the FBI Y-STR profile is not an investigative lead."
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Interesting... they are probably anonymous because they are informants or in witness protection.

Unfortunately, the FBI DNA no longer matches:
    Oh, I missed that part. I had followed it closely a few years ago when they came up with the match and was trying to get the FBI to release the info. I am planning on watching it tonight.

When was the episode on? I wonder if I can catch it on demand or on hulu?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    When was the episode on? I wonder if I can catch it on demand or on hulu?
    It's supposed to be on tonight. I think it will rerun on Paramount Plus.

It's supposed to be on tonight. I think it will rerun on Paramount Plus.
    Im recording it so I can watch it without commercials. We need a thread so we can discuss.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/new...t-shop-murders

New DNA tests bringing crime investigators closer to solving 1991 yogurt shop murders
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    A couple of weeks ago I looked this case up because I had not heard any updates about it; there were no updates when I looked. It is great to hear there might be a break coming.

This case is local to me and one I have serious doubts will be solved while the perpetrators are alive . They have dna evidence that excluded the four men falsely accused of the murders and there are law enforcement and prosecutors in Austin still maintaining the men are guilty .

Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    This case is local to me and one I have serious doubts will be solved while the perpetrators are alive . They have dna evidence that excluded the four men falsely accused of the murders and there are law enforcement and prosecutors in Austin still maintaining the men are guilty .
    I think they are fixated on these men and I truly don't think the men are guilty. I wish they would look beyond them, but they don't want to admit they screwed up IMO.

Thread Information