Thread: Codi Bigsby (4) missing from Hamton, VA since 1/31/2022

Codi Bigsby (4) missing from Hamton, VA since 1/31/2022

https://www.wtkr.com/news/hampton-po...a-around-2-a-m

Hampton Police need the public's help locating a missing 4-year-old boy.

Codi Bigsby was last seen in his father's home at 2 a.m. Monday.

According to police, around 9 a.m., they were called to the 100 block of Ranalet Drive for a missing juvenile. When they arrived at the scene, they spoke with Codi's father, who said he was last seen in his home.

Police describe Codi as a 4-year-old boy who is approximately 3' tall. He was last seen wearing all-black clothing and Spider-Man flip-flops.

Police said the family is cooperating with them at this time and the FBI is on the scene helping Hampton Police. Police tell us an AMBER Alert has not been made in this case because "it does not meet the criteria."

Buckroe Point Apartments/Townhomes are still being searched, and police tell News 3 they're asking neighbors for any surveillance video.

A news conference with Hampton Police Chief Mark Talbot took place at 3:30 p.m. Monday.

During the press conference, Chief Talbot said Codi's dad said he woke up Monday morning and found his son was missing. The father said he looked all over and Codi was nowhere to be found.

Officers searched again and were also unable to find Codi. Police say other young children were in the home and they are safe.

Every resource Hampton Police could think of is there helping in the search, police said. Police will be working until they find Codi. They said they do not believe Codi is with another family member.

Police do not believe there is any danger to the general public now.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ugh, I hope they find him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Hes adorable. So do they think he wandered off or someone took him?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hampto...ld-codi-bigsby

Cops Say They Don’t Buy Dad’s Story About Missing 4-Year-Old

Frantic search efforts for a missing 4-year-old Virginia boy shifted to a local steam plant late Tuesday, as police publicly cast doubt on the father’s claim that the child had simply vanished.

“We don’t believe that 4-year-old Codi wandered off and we don’t believe that he was abducted,” Hampton Police Chief Mark Talbot said of Cobi Bigsby at a press conference Tuesday.

Bigsby was reported missing Monday morning, with his father, Cory Bigsby, telling investigators he’d seen the boy soundly sleeping at 2 a.m., but then woke up to find him gone that morning.

Talbot said investigators did not trust the father’s version of events.

“There is a person of interest—we are most interested in Codi’s parents,” he said. He went on to note that Codi’s mother did not live in the home with him, but that investigators had spoken to her.

Local news station 10 On Your Side reported that Codi’s father was accused of assaulting his mother in 2018, though the matter had reportedly stalled in court because she did not appear for court hearings.

Cory Bigsby’s sister defended her brother in comments to 10 On Your Side.

Asked if she thought her brother could have harmed the 4-year-old, Tandaleyia Butler was quoted saying: “I don’t believe it for a second... They are going to have to prove it, because I know my brother. I know my brother and I know it’s not true.”

t was not immediately clear whether there were other caregivers living in the home with the toddler. Talbot told reporters police were still in the middle of speaking to “the people responsible for Codi’s safety.”

“The evidence that we have does not completely match the stories that we have received at this point,” Talbot told reporters, without elaborating on what specific evidence police have.

Asked whether he believed the boy was still alive, he said: “We will work as if he’s out there waiting for us to find him.”

The police department enlisted the help of 50 volunteers to aid in search efforts Tuesday, though no further updates had been reported as of Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/hampto...ld-codi-bigsby

Cops Say They Don’t Buy Dad’s Story About Missing 4-Year-Old
    I had a feeling that was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I had a feeling that was coming.
    Yep first thing I thought, but didnt want to be a dick.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Well how many vague stories of “woke up and he was gone…but I checked on him at 2am” have we heard that lead to arrest of parent(s)? Tons. I’ll be honest…I rarely “checked” on my sleeping kids if I’d been in the house all night. If I’d been out/babysitter and come home, yes..always, but if I’d put my kids to bed at the normal time (and no ones sick etc) and I’ve been in the living room watching tv the whole time…I typically just went to bed. Does that make me a shitty mom? Or is it a convenient detail to add to stories like these?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I thought it, but was hoping it wasn't the case. That kid is dead. So sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-n...7ea-story.html

Hours before arrest of Codi Bigsby’s father, FBI raises speculation about when Hampton boy disappeared

The father of a 4-year-old boy reported missing earlier this week was arrested on seven counts of felony child neglect, the Hampton Police Division announced Thursday night.

Cory Bigsby, 43, was booked into the Hampton City Jail about 7 p.m. A local law enforcement source said the charges pertain to the missing boy, Codi Bigsby, as well as three other siblings living in the home.

But the investigation into Codi’s disappearance is still very active, police said.

“This is not the conclusion of the investigative process — we will continue to do everything in our power to find Codi,” Hampton Police spokesman Sgt. Reggie Williams said in a news release shortly after Bigsby’s arrest.

“We have covered a tremendous amount of ground, spoken to hundreds of citizens, and followed every possible lead. ... Our search efforts to find Codi will continue throughout the weekend.”

Investigators from the Hampton Police Division and FBI are working to pinpoint where and when Codi was last seen — asking anyone who has encountered him since the holidays to come forward.

Cory Bigsby reported his son missing at about 9 a.m. Monday, telling authorities he last saw him sleeping in his bed about seven hours earlier, but police have been openly skeptical of that account.

The FBI appealed to the public in a message Thursday morning that was distributed on the Hampton Police Division’s social media pages.

“Have you seen Codi, his father Cory or his siblings since Christmas?” the FBI message asked.

The message also asked anyone who knows the family — and anyone in the neighborhood with home security surveillance footage that might be helpful — to call the FBI.

Hampton police have not said when Codi was last seen by anyone outside of his family, with the FBI post raising speculation that he has been missing since Christmas.

“We don’t have that,” said Cpl. Ernest Williams, a Hampton police spokesman, when asked if the boy was seen over the holidays. “We just reached out trying to get as much data on him as possible. So we just stretched it out a little more.”

Search warrants in the case have been filed under seal at Hampton Circuit Court. But investigators were seen removing bags and boxes of items from the family’s home Thursday afternoon, according to footage from WTKR-TV.

The FBI’s request for information Thursday echoed an appeal that Sgt. Williams made at a news conference a day earlier.

“We’re still seeking information on Codi’s last known whereabouts,” he said Wednesday. “But we’re also seeking information on his father for any information that you may have. Specifically regarding where he shops, who he’s with, and what he does.”

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Well how many vague stories of ?woke up and he was gone?but I checked on him at 2am? have we heard that lead to arrest of parent(s)? Tons. I?ll be honest?I rarely ?checked? on my sleeping kids if I?d been in the house all night. If I?d been out/babysitter and come home, yes..always, but if I?d put my kids to bed at the normal time (and no ones sick etc) and I?ve been in the living room watching tv the whole time?I typically just went to bed. Does that make me a shitty mom? Or is it a convenient detail to add to stories like these?
    I do the same. If they were sleeping, I wasn't going to risk waking them up by going in and "checking" on them, especially at 2am.

Maybe we're both shitty Moms. I have a friend who used to tell me she sneaked into her boys rooms to watch them sleep, she couldn't believe I didn't do the same thing. I told her I thought that was creepy. She told me all Moms watch their children sleep.

I was really hoping this wasn't going to be Dad. I wonder what the neglect charges are about? Could he have been leaving the children alone at night? I have a million questions.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I do the same. If they were sleeping, I wasn't going to risk waking them up by going in and "checking" on them, especially at 2am.

Maybe we're both shitty Moms. I have a friend who used to tell me she sneaked into her boys rooms to watch them sleep, she couldn't believe I didn't do the same thing. I told her I thought that was creepy. She told me all Moms watch their children sleep.

I was really hoping this wasn't going to be Dad. I wonder what the neglect charges are about? Could he have been leaving the children alone at night? I have a million questions.
    Hey…I’ll take that!
    I used to tell the UPS dude who rang the doorbell that if he woke her up, HE was going to be breastfeeding her back to sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information