Thread: Actor Howard Hesseman (81), best known for his role as Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati, died from complications following colon surgery

Actor Howard Hesseman (81), best known for his role as Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati, died from complications following colon surgery

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/30/enter...ies/index.html

Actor Howard Hesseman, best known as the hard rocking disc jockey Dr. Johnny Fever on the sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati" has died, according to his manager Robbie Kass.

Hesseman died Saturday afternoon from complications related to colon surgery, Kass told CNN. Hesseman was 81.

In addition to earning two Emmy nominations for his role on "WKRP," Hesseman also appeared on "Head of the Class" and "One Day at a Time," along with guest appearances on "That 70's Show," among others. The Oregon native also hosted "Saturday Night Live" several times.

"He was a groundbreaking talent and lifelong friend and longtime client, whose kindness and generosity was equaled by his influence and admiration to generations of actors and improvisational comedy throughout the world," Kass told CNN in an email on Sunday.

What is "colong" surgery? Sorry couldn't help it.

I remember watching that show "Head of the Class" when I was little.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What is "colong" surgery? Sorry couldn't help it.

I remember watching that show "Head of the Class" when I was little.
    I don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about.
    You and your mod powers!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Hesseman died Saturday afternoon from complications related to colon surgery, Kass told CNN. Hesseman was 81.
    I want to know more details on this. My friend almost died, from complications related to a colonoscopy - as in, they tore a 4" hole in her colon and sent her home to die of sepsis. She now wears a colostomy bag (she's 45yo). Since that happened, I have learned of FIVE other similar "complications" of a colonoscopy (all ending in colostomy bags). I think it's more common than people realize.

Rest in Peace Howard H, you were a funny dude...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information