Thread: Cheslie Kryst (30) former Miss USA died from suicide

Cheslie Kryst (30) former Miss USA died from suicide

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chesl...b0061af25ef7fc

Cheslie Kryst, a former Miss USA winner, “Extra” correspondent, and attorney, has died. She was 30.

“In devastation and great sorrow, we share the passing of our beloved Cheslie,” her family said in a statement.

“Her great light was one that inspired others around the world with her beauty and strength. She cared, she loved, she laughed and she shined.”

“Cheslie embodied love and served others, whether through her work as an attorney fighting for social justice, as Miss USA and as a host on EXTRA. But most importantly as a daughter, sister, friend, mentor and colleague — we know her impact will live on.”

Kryst was found dead just after 7 a.m. on Sunday after jumping from the Orion Condominium building in Manhattan where she lived, the New York Police Department told HuffPost.

She lived on the ninth floor and was last seen on the 29th, law enforcement sources told the New York Post.

Kryst had posted on Instagram hours earlier, “May this day bring you rest and peace.”

Kryst won the Miss USA pageant in 2019 as a representative for North Carolina and went on to place in the top 10 at the Miss Universe competition. She was a licensed attorney and Emmy-nominated correspondent for the entertainment show “Extra,” where she had worked since October 2019.

She was a passionate advocate for criminal justice reform and had worked pro-bono for clients serving excessive prison time for low-level drug offenses.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-30-2022 at 05:25 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Whoa. Very sad. What an accomplished, smart and beautiful young woman. RIP

Her IG: https://www.instagram.com/chesliekry...4-73635731b29c

Thanks RBW! She had everything going for her, looks, intelligence, accomplishment. This is so sad.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Her last post breaks my heart. What a beautiful woman inside and out. To lose her this young is devastating
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I questioned whether this was really suicide, but apparently she left a letter according to YouTuber Black Bigalow. Not sure how he knows that (or that she jumped from the 60th floor), but...

Sad stuff. She appeared to have everything to live for.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't know about the letter, but I have read that she lived on the 9th floor but was last seen on the 60th floor right before she jumped.
    I've seen other reports that state that she left a letter that said that she wanted everything left to her Mom.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information