Thread: Hayden Burns (15) shot and killed his sister Hayley Burns (17) and her friend Kadience Cadena (17), before turning the gun on himself.

Hayden Burns (15) shot and killed his sister Hayley Burns (17) and her friend Kadience Cadena (17), before turning the gun on himself.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...4otMVelOPK7flA

3 teens found dead inside Crosby-area home identified

Investigators say 15-year-old Hayden Burns shot and killed his 17-year-old sister Hayley and her friend Kadience Cadena, also 17, before turning the gun on himself.

Author: KHOU 11 Staff
    Published: 1:23 PM CST January 20, 2022
    Updated: 2:12 PM CST January 20, 2022

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas ? The three teens who were found dead inside a Crosby-area home Tuesday afternoon have been identified, according to authorities.

The Harris County Sherriff's Office identified the three as 15-year-old Hayden Burns, 17-year-old Hayley Burns and 17-year-old Kadience Cadena

According to authorities, Hayden turned the gun on himself after killing his older sister and her friend. No motive has been provided for the shooting.

The teens were discovered by a next door neighbor while the homeowner was out of town, according to Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.

"It's really surprising to see something like this happen out here to one of us," neighbor David Givans said. "It's a close community for the most part. We all watch out for each other."

Gonzalez shared a similar sentiment about the tragedy saying, "Anytime there's a child involved ... at the end of the day, we are all parents in some way and connected to young people. It's extremely difficult when we are talking about young people."

Crosby ISD officials released a statement after the teens were identified, despite them not being currently enrolled in the district.

"Our hearts continue to go out to the families impacted by the tragedy in the Crosby community this week," the statement said.

"Although the teenagers were not current students, we are thinking of and praying for those who knew them in our community. District counselors have been made available at all campuses this week to speak with students and staff in need of extra support."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Here is my guess. Sister and Brother got in to a typical sibling fight. Gun was accessible and he shot her out of anger. The friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time. After what he realized what he really did, he took himself out.

Gone are the days when siblings would have knock out, drag outs and the worst it would get is kitchen knives through doors. Now, it's accessible firearms and a culture that doesn't take them or people getting shot seriously.

'Merica! Where we lick the balls of the NRA and don't give a flying fuck about human lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Here is my guess. Sister and Brother got in to a typical sibling fight. Gun was accessible and he shot her out of anger. The friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time. After what he realized what he really did, he took himself out.

Gone are the days when siblings would have knock out, drag outs and the worst it would get is kitchen knives through doors. Now, it's accessible firearms and a culture that doesn't take them or people getting shot seriously.

'Merica! Where we lick the balls of the NRA and don't give a flying fuck about human lives.
    Agreed. The friend was collateral damage.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

OR (plot twist) he had a thing for his sister's friend, she rejected him and he shot her - then shot his sister because she was a witness.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm in the friend rejected him club.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

OR (plot twist) he had a thing for his sister's friend, she rejected him and he shot her - then shot his sister because she was a witness.
    Thats a good theory. I hadnt thought of that!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I am going to guess that the girls were bugging/teasing him and he lost his shit and killed them both.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I am going to guess that the girls were bugging/teasing him and he lost his shit and killed them both.
    This. It's hard to know the whys, and all of this is speculation, but this 15yo boy/man is at a really weird phase of his life. Emotional events are magnified a million-fold. Things that most adults would laugh off can seem like the end of the world. This is how a prom date rejection or failing grade ends up in a suicide; or embarrassment and humiliation turns into homicidal rage. In addition to the obvious emotional immaturity for anyone who has ever KNOWN a 15yo boy, this kid's brain still had another 10 years of developing to do, and that's scientific fact.

Maybe his big sister and her cute friend caught him doing something "freaky" (but pretty normal for a teen boy) while Mom & Dad were gone. Maybe they laughed at him and teased him about it. That would have felt like the end of the world to a 15yo kid, worried the whole school would find out. He could have lost his shit and made some seriously bad judgment calls. It's what prompted Mark Redwine, an adult, to kill his son Dylan.

Tragic no matter the circumstances. May they all rest in peace...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

A next-door neighbor discovered Hayley's body in a hallway with a gunshot wound to the head, and Cadena's body was found with multiple gunshot wounds in a bedroom. Hayden's body was in another bedroom, the authorities said, according to the Houston CBS affiliate.
    The friend's body had multiple gunshots, the sister was found in a hallway with one to the head. Maybe he shot the friend, then shot his sister as she tried to run?

Oops, forgot the link: https://people.com/crime/sheriff-ide...at-texas-home/

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

FB search no longer points you to the page of anyone who is "trending" - it's all just news articles. Or maybe they changed their search engine and I'm just stoopit.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    FB search no longer points you to the page of anyone who is "trending" - it's all just news articles. Or maybe they changed their search engine and I'm just stoopit.
    You might have to click "people" at the top after searching the name. So far I haven't had any luck - no Hayden Burns found, but lots of Hayley Burns and I dunno which is correct.

I couldn't find social media pages either. I even thought the friend might be easier to find with a more unique name but no luck.

They keep mentioning over and over that the school district released a statement but that none of them were students. Were they all home schooled? Was the friend living with them perhaps?

They keep mentioning over and over that the school district released a statement but that none of them were students. Were they all home schooled? Was the friend living with them perhaps?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    It makes me wonder if there was more to this family than we are being told. After the Turpins, nothing surprises me. Even kids learning remotely are considered enrolled and to hear that not only the siblings weren't enrolled but also the friend, it has my wheels turning. The articles mention how small the town is and that is a tight knit community. IDK. Maybe my imagination is on overdrive, but I find it strange. It just sticks out to me.

It makes me wonder if there was more to this family than we are being told. After the Turpins, nothing surprises me. Even kids learning remotely are considered enrolled and to hear that not only the siblings weren't enrolled but also the friend, it has my wheels turning. The articles mention how small the town is and that is a tight knit community. IDK. Maybe my imagination is on overdrive, but I find it strange. It just sticks out to me.
    I agree. It didn't occur to me right away but it's unusual for kids or other families not be commenting and/or tagging the victims in their own social media.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I agree. It didn't occur to me right away but it's unusual for kids or other families not be commenting and/or tagging the victims in their own social media.
    Has someone found their social media accounts? If so, please post them. Like BB73, I'm curious about this one.

The friend's body had multiple gunshots, the sister was found in a hallway with one to the head. Maybe he shot the friend, then shot his sister as she tried to run?

Oops, forgot the link: https://people.com/crime/sheriff-ide...at-texas-home/
    Or.... he accidentally shot his sister while engaging in foolish gun play, killed the only witness, and then killed himself? I don't know why I'm even trying to crawl into the mind of a 15yo boy, but this all seems so senseless.

The sisters friend was shot multiple times, she must have been the original target, I was wrong. I think the sister was running away when she was shot.

Edit: Ninja'd by Nic

I found an insta for a Hayden Burns, and he is following a Hailey Burns (different spelling) so not sure if it's him, should I post anyway?

I'm so confused. All of the photos from both are at a school. So are they enrolled in a private school and if so, why is that school not mentioned? Also, he looks WAY older than 15 in the photos if they are of him. Maybe I'm just out of touch with how kids at that age look these days.

Pass me my cane.

I'm so confused. All of the photos from both are at a school. So are they enrolled in a private school and if so, why is that school not mentioned? Also, he looks WAY older than 15 in the photos if they are of him. Maybe I'm just out of touch with how kids at that age look these days.

Pass me my cane.
    I'm thinking they may not be them. Just a strange coincidence he has that same name and is from Texas....and a relative with her name (though the spelling is different than what news is reporting, and I doubt that many news sources would get it wrong). So I am leaning towards it's not them.

BUT, I was reading one of the articles and a girl commented, tagging someone saying "I told you this was the guy". When I clicked on her profile, there was someone wearing a jacket from that same school as in the instagrams I posted. It's just confusing me even more.

I'm so confused. All of the photos from both are at a school. So are they enrolled in a private school and if so, why is that school not mentioned? Also, he looks WAY older than 15 in the photos if they are of him. Maybe I'm just out of touch with how kids at that age look these days. Pass me my cane.
    I had a friend who homeschooled her children for most of their schooling, but they were very active in school sports and other extracurriculars. Maybe that's what's going on here?

I hate IG. Very little interaction, just a bunch of selfies and likes.

Looks like his TikTok is @itz_haydenn, but I don't know feck all about TikTok so I'll leave the exploration to someone else.

Thread Information