Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Michelle Go (40) murdered by a stranger by being pushed in front of a subway train

  1. #1
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,284
    Rep Power
    21474869

    Michelle Go (40) murdered by a stranger by being pushed in front of a subway train

    https://abcnews.go.com/US/vigil-held...ry?id=82325187

    A vigil is planned for Tuesday night at 6 at the Red Steps in Times Square to honor Michelle Go, the woman killed when she was pushed in front of a subway train by a stranger in what her family calls a "senseless act of violence."

    On Saturday morning, Simon Martial allegedly pushed Go in front of an oncoming train on the N/Q/R/W line inside the Times Square-42nd Street subway station, police said.

    Martial has been charged with murder and is awaiting arraignment. New York Police Department Commissioner Keechant Sewell said during a Saturday press conference that the attack was "unprovoked" and that Go didn't appear to interact with Martial.

    ABC News wasn't able to reach an attorney for Martial for additional comments.

    Go's family is demanding justice.

    "We are in a state of shock and grieving the loss of our daughter, sister and friend. We hope Michelle will be remembered for how she lived and not just how she died," the family statement read. "Her life was taken too soon in a senseless act of violence and we pray that she gets the justice she deserves."

    Go, 40, is remembered by her family as a "beautiful, brilliant, kind, and intelligent woman who loved her family and friends, loved to travel the world and help others," they said in a statement.

    Go also worked as a consultant for Deloitte and spent her free time volunteering as an advocate for the homeless, according to ABC New York station WABC.

  2. #2
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,410
    Rep Power
    21474859
    This isn't the first time something like this has happened, right?

    Riding a subway train has always seemed like a scary thing to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  3. #3
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,284
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This isn't the first time something like this has happened, right?

    Riding a subway train has always seemed like a scary thing to me.
    Here are a few cases we have just on MDS. I am sure there are more.

    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=subway

    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=subway

    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ghlight=subway

  4. #4
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,410
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's more than enough for me to not want to go anywhere near a subway train.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  5. #5
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,255
    Rep Power
    21474866
    It reminds me of one of the Dark Tower books. "The Drawing of the Three". In it was a character that was called "The Pusher" and the character that was pushed but survived after having both legs amputated. It's an amazing book.

    With how crazy people are acting these days, I would steer clear of subway and train stations too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  6. #6
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,284
    Rep Power
    21474869
    It reminds me of the episode of Homicide Life on the Streets where Vince D'Onofrio played the guy that was pushed in front of the train. Very powerful episode!

  7. #7
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,361
    Rep Power
    21474859
    I have an irrational fear of this. I take a lot of trains/subways, but I ALWAYS stand with my back against the wall until the train has pulled into the station. Drives Mr. Tisha crazy, he's right up to the edge of the platform like a labrador retriever - wants to be the first in the door. Nope, nope, nope.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  8. #8
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,255
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I have an irrational fear of this. I take a lot of trains/subways, but I ALWAYS stand with my back against the wall until the train has pulled into the station. Drives Mr. Tisha crazy, he's right up to the edge of the platform like a labrador retriever - wants to be the first in the door. Nope, nope, nope.
    You're only being smart. I don't do public transportation these days and when I have I'm always WAY FAR AWAY from the edge of the platform until the train/subway is already in the station. I'm also always looking out. Los Angeles isn't the kind of town where you trust people lol. But, I have to admit that if I were in Boston taking the T that I'd let my guard down.

    No more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    6077913
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It reminds me of the episode of Homicide Life on the Streets where Vince D'Onofrio played the guy that was pushed in front of the train. Very powerful episode!
    That was one of the best episodes of Homicide.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •