Thread: Harold Dean & Tina Linn Clouse identified as couple found murdered in 1981, their missing child was found in 2022

Harold Dean & Tina Linn Clouse identified as couple found murdered in 1981, their missing child was found in 2022

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/9184877002/

After a whirlwind romance and a pregnancy, Harold Dean Clouse and Tina Linn Clouse were married in June 1979. By 1981 the couple went missing, and their families had little closure until their bodies were exhumed and identified 40 years later.

Dean was 22 and Tina was 18 when they went missing. The truth behind their disappearance wasn't uncovered until a genetic genealogy agency tested their DNA and linked it to the bodies of a couple who was murdered in 1981.

Although Tina and Dean have been found, their child, Hollie Marie, who would be 41 today, is still missing.

"I will never forget my son and his Tina, I went years in pain wondering where they were. Now I can only keep praying God lets me see my granddaughter one day," Donna Casasanta, Harold's mother, told USA TODAY.

Casasanta reported her son missing in 1981 after months of no communication. She said her son had joined a religious cult in past years and the police quickly "excused the disappearance with them leaving with the cult."

"I spent years waiting to get a call from my son or calling police stations each time a new male body was found. I spent years with my chest on fire, just waiting," Casasanta told USA TODAY.

In January 1981, a dog wandered into the woods and returned with a human arm in its mouth. Local police later discovered a man who was beaten to death and a woman who had been strangled, the Houston Chronicle reported in 2011.

Years went by without the bodies being identified and without progress in Harold's and Tina's missing persons case.

That was until the bodies were exhumed in 2011 and Identifinders International, a California-based organization that performs genetic genealogy for law enforcement, decided to take on the case.

Allison Peacock, who worked with the genealogy and operations team with Identifinders International, called the Clouse family and confirmed the couple was Dean and Tina. However, their child, Hollie was never found.
    The Clouse family asks for more answers. Where is Hollie?
    Hollie Marie is just at 6 months-old in this photo that was taken months before her parents' murder.

Brooks said the family will never know full closure until those responsible for the murders are arrested and Hollie is found.

"I can't stop thinking about what if she's out there, what if she doesn't know we're looking for her. I can't stop thinking of seeing her again," Debbie Brooks, Harold's sister, told USA TODAY.

Brooks said as far as the family knows Hollie was last seen in Lewisville, Texas, and there is an ongoing investigation into her disappearance in that area.

Peacock, who now functions as the Clouse family's advocate and public relations contact, said she's working with agencies to create a progression photo that will show what Hollie would look like today. The hope is the photo and multiple news articles will reach Hollie or someone who knows her.

Debbie and other family members have submitted swabs of their DNA to ancestry.com and other ancestry sites in hopes of matching with Hollie or a relative who knows of her whereabouts. The Clouse family said just as they never stopped searching for Harold and Tina, they'll never stop looking for Hollie.
    Gillis told USA TODAY she often works on cold cases of perpetrators or children and was interested in reuniting the "love birds who died together" with their families. Dean's and Tina's DNA and information were uploaded to Gedmatch.com, a genealogy site that shares their users' genetic information with law enforcement agencies nationwide.

Gillis connected Dean's DNA with cousins in Kentucky, and in just 10 days she identified the man who was unidentified for 40 years. After speaking to the Clouse family about Harold and his background, Peacock was able to identify the woman's body as Tina's.
    Harold Dean Clouse was known as Dean to friends and Junior to family.

"When I got the call, I felt shock. Just shock. It had been so long of just driving down the road and hoping to see Junior [Dean]. I'd see a man in the store and think, 'Well doesn't that look like him,'" Debbie Brooks, Harold's sister told USA TODAY. "That call that his body was found changed everything; it helped me stop looking."

In early 1981, Casasanta said Dean had been working in carpentry and focusing on fatherhood before his disappearance. She recalled Tina being the most "innocent and sweet" person anyone would ever meet. Although the couple was known to frequent cults in the '80s, Casasanta said she was never satisfied with the conclusion that they had run away with the cult.

The Clouse family never stopped looking for the family. They contacted the Salvation Army and the Social Security Administration about their whereabouts. The family also ensured Dean's, Tina's and Hollie's names always stayed on the missing person's list.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Their murders sounded personal.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I was reading about this yesterday in a Facebook group dedicated to unidentified and missing people. This one bugs me so much because I think they were killed so that someone could take the baby. She's probably out there right now and has no clue that her parents were murdered and her kidnapped. We can hope that if she's still alive that she does one of those genealogy services and gets a hit.

I'm not buying the cult thing. In the group it was discussed that their family said that they moved from Florida to Texas in search of work. I guess a cult could have been responsible, but my gut feeling is that someone spotted a young and naive couple in a new place and an opportunity to take the baby.

Here are the composite drawings that were done when the couple were found compared to their photos. Dead on for the most part. And of course, Hollie at six months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Double
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-13-2022 at 10:00 AM.
    Oh well, back to gum.

I didn't see this coming.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/baby...0-years-later/

Baby missing from Texas woods found ?alive and well? 40 years later

A baby girl who went missing 40 years ago after her parents were found dead in a wooded area in Texas was found ?alive and well,? according to a release from the Office of the Texas Attorney General.

Baby Holly is now 42 years old. Her parents, Tina Gail Linn Clouse and Harold Dean Clouse Jr, were victims of an apparent homicide in 1981 in Houston and couldn?t be identified at the time of their death. Holly was not found with her parents, the release said.

In 2021, Identifinders International used genetic genealogy to identify the bodies of the Florida couple, the release said.

The Linn and Clouse families searched for answers after they last heard from the family in 1980 and Identifinders International identified Tina and Dean Clouse last year.

Holly has been notified of her biological parents? identities and has been in contact with her extended family, the release said.
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...2-397b62f22cf4

Holly Marie Clouse is now a mother of five in Oklahoma

?It?s one of the most meaningful things I?ve ever been a part of,? Det. Steve Wheeler, Volusia County Sheriff?s Office, said. ?It?s a once in a lifetime thing to play even a small part in reuniting a family after 40 years.?

OAG Senior Counsel Mindy Montford and Det. Craig Holloman with Lewisville Police Department, where the young family went missing, arrived at Holly?s place of employment Tuesday, on what would have been her father Dean?s 63rd birthday.

Just hours later, the Oklahoma mother of five was reunited online with her family on both sides.

In an effort to help locate Holly after her parents were identified, FHD Forensics launched the Hope For Holly DNA Project in her honor and became the custodian of the genetic profiles of several of Holly's family members.

?The whole family slept well last night. The Hope For Holly Project was a success thanks to the Texas Cold Case Unit,? Cheryl Clouse, Holly?s aunt, said.

?I believe Tina is finally resting in peace knowing Holly is reuniting with her family,? Sherry Green, another aunt, said.

Green dreamed of her sister Tina after meeting her long-lost niece in the video meeting hosted by Montford and her team.

Founder of FHD Forensics and one of the genealogists involved in identifying Holly?s parents, Allison Peacock praised her family for never giving up.

?They?ve spent the past six months with me digging through records, gathering photos for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children?s age progression portrait, and documenting memories of Holly and her parents in an effort to help law enforcement,? Peacock said.

?Allison is forever our angel in helping us through this whole heartbreaking experience,? Donna Casasanta, Dean?s mother, said.

?What matters is that Holly was found happy and alive and now knows that she has a huge extended family that has loved her for decades,? Peacock said.

Anyone with information about the disappearance and murder of Dean ?Junior? Clouse and his wife, Tina Linn Clouse is asked to contact Sgt. Rachel Kading at the Texas Office of the Attorney General?s Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit at coldcaseunit@oag.texas.gov or 512-936-0742.

Wow, was she still going by that name? If not, I wonder how they were able to find her?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Boston nailed it.

Wow, was she still going by that name? If not, I wonder how they were able to find her?
    My guess is she did a DNA test and LE and her parents' family had banked her parents' DNA in one of the databases and it showed up as a match. One of the stories talks about the parents' DNA being stored.

ETA: as BWS mentioned, like Boston talked about in her post a few months ago.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-09-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My guess is she did a DNA test and LE and her parents' family had banked her parents' DNA in one of the databases and it showed up as a match. One of the stories talks about the parents' DNA being stored.
    Ah. Curious to know if the parents who raised her will be investigated? Either they stole her or she was sold/adopted by them from the person who did.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ah. Curious to know if the parents who raised her will be investigated? Either they stole her or she was sold/adopted by them from the person who did.
    I sure as heck hope so! Even if they didn't know she was stolen, they have some kind of connection to the killer and can hopefully lead LE back to that person(s).

I didn't see it coming because I truthfully thought she was dead.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-09-2022 at 08:48 AM.

The fact she is named Holly makes me think whomever killed parents knew her name (Hollie). Either that or it is a wild coincidence.

I sure as heck hope so! Even if they didn't know she was stolen, they have some kind of connection to the killer and can hopefully lead LE back to that person(s).

I didn't see it coming because I truthfully thought she was dead.
    This. Whomever raised her knows something.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Well, judging by this photo, she definitely wasn't aware that she was kidnapped and her parents murdered. Imagine the shock in finding that out after 42 years. I can't imagine what's going through her head right now. I hope that she's getting some kind of therapy because that would do an enormous header on me.

Also, she looks just like her Mom. I want to see the people that raised her.....

bb com br
    Oh well, back to gum.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the pic, SO much like her mom!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ba...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Family learned the couple’s daughter was still alive and well and living in Oklahoma, where a family adopted her as a baby, the Houston Chronicle reported this week. Investigators walked into Holly’s workplace Tuesday and told her who she was.

The family that raised Holly are not suspects in this case, Webster said Thursday.

He said the investigation into the slaying of Holly’s biological parents as well as the circumstances that led to the girl's disappearance remained open.
    According to new information released Thursday, Webster said, Holly was left at a church in Arizona and taken into their care.

Investigators said two female members of a "nomadic religious group" dropped baby Holly off at the church. The women wore white robes, were barefoot and indicated the beliefs of their religion included the separation of male and female members, practicing vegetarian habits and not using or wearing leather goods, Webster said.

"The women indicated they had given up a baby before at a laundromat," Webster said.

Investigators believe the women and their group traveled around the southwest United States including Arizona, California and possibly Texas. Webster said there were sightings of the group in Yuma, Arizona in the early 80s where they were seen around town for asking for food.

Then around Jan 1981, Webster said, the victims' families received a phone call from an unidentified woman who said she was calling from Las Vegas and wanted to return the Clouses' car to their family. She said the couple had joined their religious group and no longer wanted to have contact with their families.

The woman asked for money in exchange for the car – a red 1978 2-door AMC Concord – and the family agreed to meet in Daytona, Florida where police took the women into custody, Webster said.

But because of the age of the case, Webster said, no police report has been located.

"We still are looking for suspects in this case." Webster said Thursday. "This is an ongoing, pending criminal investigation."

Wow, that is insane about the two women.

Wasn't there a case where several women and their children disappeared and their bodies were found (in barrels?) much later, but one of the kids was given away??? Can't remember the details but, something like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Wasn't there a case where several women and their children disappeared and their bodies were found (in barrels?) much later, but one of the kids was given away??? Can't remember the details but, something like that...
    The Bear Brook murders? They only recently were identified. I've followed that case forever since it's in my old stomping grounds. Very interesting case:

https://www.wmur.com/article/allenst...pdate/27784045
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The Bear Brook murders? They only recently were identified. I've followed that case forever since it's in my old stomping grounds. Very interesting case:

The one kid is still unidentified, but that is a very strange case!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Yeah. That's the one! Thanks. Was driving me nuts as I used to work with a man named Rassmussen, and I know I should be able to come up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information