Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Harmony Montgomery (7) last seen in October 2019, not reported missing until 12/31/2021

  1. #1
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,633
    Rep Power
    21474857

    Harmony Montgomery (7) last seen in October 2019, not reported missing until 12/31/2021

    https://www.wmur.com/article/harmony...2021/38646788#

    Manchester police are seeking tips from the public about the disappearance of a girl not seen in more than two years.

    Harmony Montgomery, 7, was last seen in a home in Manchester in October 2019, when she was 5, police said.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-14-2022 at 08:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Daisychain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    3631078
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/missin...-saw-her-alive

    Uncle of Missing Girl Says Family Feuded the Last Time He Saw Her Alive


    The last time that Kevin Montgomery says he saw his great niece, Harmony, she ?looked like a scared puppy.?

    The terrified look on the then-5-year-old?s face appeared during a contentious situation at the Manchester, New Hampshire house Montgomery shared with several family members, including Harmony and her parents. The October 2019 incident, which Montgomery said included him trying to push through the front door when he wasn?t allowed in, resulted in a call to the police and a divide in the family.

    Montgomery says the incident prompted his nephew, Harmony?s father, to stop all communication with a slew of other family members, including blocking some of them on social media.

    ?Then the pandemic hit, and I just assumed Harmony and that side of the family was ok. I was worried, of course, but assumed everything was ok because I had not heard anything,? Montgomery, 43, told The Daily Beast on Monday.

    But New Hampshire authorities say that Harmony hasn?t been seen since October 2019?and was only reported missing last week. On Dec. 31, the Manchester Police Department put out a ?missing child? alert after learning of her years-long disappearance, and launched an investigation to find the 4-foot-tall girl who should be wearing glasses and is blind in her right eye.

    The Manchester Mayor?s chief of staff Lauren Smith told The Daily Beast that the office received an email last week ?primarily regarding concerns with the New Hampshire Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF)? in connection to Harmony. The email, which Smith admitted ?was slightly vague on details,? was ultimately forwarded to the Manchester Police Department.

    ?For us to have a two-year delay, that is extremely concerning," Police Chief Allen Aldenberg said on Friday while announcing an investigation into Harmony?s disappearance. ?That's not something that happens to us on a regular basis. It doesn't happen every day.?

    Since the New Year?s Eve missing child alert, Aldenberg said that his department has been working ?non-stop? to find Harmony alongside DCYF and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. On Sunday, investigators also searched a property on Gilford Street that once belonged to a member of the Montgomery family. City assessor records indicate the home was sold in 2020.

    By Monday, authorities announced a combined $12,500 reward for information about Harmony?s whereabouts, as well as a 24-hour tip line for the case that is still being investigated as a missing person?s case.

    ?I am in rescue mode right now. This is not a recovery. All efforts are focused on that Harmony is alive?until somebody points to me that proves that she is not. We have to operate under the assumption that she is alive,? Aldenberg said during an impassioned speech during a press conference. ?Help us find this little girl. Someone knows something. Do what is right and call in. I cannot emphasize this enough. Someone out there knows something."

    The chief, who said that 35 investigators are on the case, added Monday that ?many? of Harmony?s family members have also been interviewed in an attempt to fill in the blanks as to what happened over the last two years. Aldenberg declined to comment on details of those conversations but noted that nobody has been officially cleared in the investigation.

    Harmony?s mother, Crys Renee Sorey, also took to Facebook to plead for information to help solve the mysterious case. Another woman, who identified herself as Harmony's older cousin, wrote on social media that the 7-year-old was ?known to be in the custody of her father.?

    ?HARMONY MOMMYS COMING FOR YOU I PROMISE & I WILL NEVER LET YOU GO!!!! HANG ON BABY!!!!? Sorey wrote in her post alongside photos of the blond-haired girl.

    Police have not released any information about Harmony?s parents, and have not confirmed the claim that Harmony had been in her father's custody. Montgomery, however, told The Daily Beast that Sorey met with authorities today for a ?polygraph and DNA test.? Sorey did not respond to a request for comment.

    Harmony?s great uncle admits he has accepted the grim reality that he may ?never see her alive again,? and says he had been worried about the child?s safety for years.

    Montgomery told The Daily Beast that he called DCYF on Harmony?s behalf in July 2019 after he saw that she had a black eye?but, he says, nothing happened. Three months later, on Oct. 19, 2019, he says he called the police to the house where his nephew, Harmony?s father, and other family members lived.

    During that ?intense? and chaotic situation?the last time, he says, that he saw his great niece?Harmony ?was quiet, she wasn?t saying much.?

    ?She looked scared,? Montgomery added.

    The Manchester Police Department declined The Daily Beast?s request for comment but Aldenberg has previously said Harmony was last seen at a home in the city after police responded to an October 2019 service call. A spokesperson for DHHS declined to comment on Montgomery?s claim that he had flagged the child?s case for the agency, stating that ?state and federal law requires us to protect the confidentiality of children and families served by and individuals engaged with the Division for Children, Youth and Families.?

    Several neighbors also told WMUR they had previously complained to city officials about the conditions of the house Harmony was last seen in. At the time, however, they were told nothing could be done.

    ?I thought she was a nice, quiet little girl,? one neighbor told the outlet. ?It's kind of sad because no kid deserves that. Nobody does.?

    Aldenberg on Monday declined to go into details into the investigation, but previously noted that the last time Harmony was enrolled in school was in Massachusetts. He added that the case is a priority for the department and they are ?doing everything in their power? to figure out the timeline of Harmony?s last two years.

    ?I cannot emphasize enough how important any and all tips are,? the chief added. ?Knowing where she was can help us narrow down where she is now.?

    And while Montgomery says he doesn?t know what happened to Harmony, or who ultimately called the police to report her missing, he believes the mystery behind his great-niece?s disappearance could have been avoided if authorities had taken his pleas seriously.

    ?We just want to know the truth,? Montgomery added. ?We have been in contact with the Manchester Police Department and we will do whatever it takes to get answers.?

  3. #3
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,071
    Rep Power
    21474868
    I don't understand having these departments in place when they don't even do their job. She had been reported to child services because of a black eye and the condition of the house had been reported as well.

    IF THEY HAD ACTUALLY GOTTEN OFF THEIR ASSES AND DONE THEIR FUCKING JOB.. .

    This girl wouldn't likely not be missing (dead) right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  4. #4
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,633
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't understand having these departments in place when they don't even do their job. She had been reported to child services because of a black eye and the condition of the house had been reported as well.

    IF THEY HAD ACTUALLY GOTTEN OFF THEIR ASSES AND DONE THEIR FUCKING JOB.. .

    This girl wouldn't likely not be missing (dead) right now.


    And this kind of story used to happen every once in a while, but now we are seeing it every week.

  5. #5
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,071
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post


    And this kind of story used to happen every once in a while, but now we are seeing it every week.
    Because of the pandemic, it's made it easier to hide abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  6. #6
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,593
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...fraud-82110233

    Stepmother of missing Harmony Montgomery charged with fraud
    That's so fucked up.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,094
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Do you think they could have sold that little girl?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  8. #8
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,593
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Do you think they could have sold that little girl?
    Nah, they killed her.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    8,667
    Rep Power
    21474852
    It is sickening how many children are not prioritized and are failed by the systems that are in place to keep them safe.

  10. #10
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,735
    Rep Power
    21474860
    She should have stayed in foster care, and never ever gone back to the dad. I know of a little girl who is in foster care with a good family and im worried this is going to happen to her. Same damn situation.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  11. #11
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,071
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She should have stayed in foster care, and never ever gone back to the dad. I know of a little girl who is in foster care with a good family and im worried this is going to happen to her. Same damn situation.
    I'm not going to sit here and claim that every foster situation is a good one. Sadly, that's not the case. However, with these services they focus much more on parental rights rather than the rights and safety of the children. Thus why people with restraining orders are still allowed visitation (which to me is stupidly insane). The fact of the matter is that if these departments actually DID THEIR FUCKING JOB, they would be ensuring that the children were safe whether that be in the custody of their parents OR in foster care.

    I'm not saying that it's an easy job, by any means, but if you signed up for it.... DO IT RIGHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  12. #12
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,735
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and claim that every foster situation is a good one. Sadly, that's not the case. However, with these services they focus much more on parental rights rather than the rights and safety of the children. Thus why people with restraining orders are still allowed visitation (which to me is stupidly insane). The fact of the matter is that if these departments actually DID THEIR FUCKING JOB, they would be ensuring that the children were safe whether that be in the custody of their parents OR in foster care.

    I'm not saying that it's an easy job, by any means, but if you signed up for it.... DO IT RIGHT.
    Sadly the foster care place my good friend has a little girl from is focused on reunification of the parents with the child. The main caseworker knows the parents are garbage and is putting the girls safety first...but for how long...Im not sure. Mom has completed rehab and is clean and supposedly mentally healthy, but the judge signed a continuance and the little girl is staying with my friend for the next 6 months. The judge has 1 more continuance then has to make a decision.

    The dad doesnt do drugs but is violent as hell and SPANKED the little girl when she was 2 months old, because she was crying. But the bio mom wont tell the caseworker that. Hes dangerous, has a short record even though he beat the bio mom almost to death (bc she didnt press charges). The are actually considering giving the little girl to him bc hes clean, has a job and transportation. The bar is that low. ugh.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  13. #13
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,633
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Sadly the foster care place my good friend has a little girl from is focused on reunification of the parents with the child. The main caseworker knows the parents are garbage and is putting the girls safety first...but for how long...Im not sure. Mom has completed rehab and is clean and supposedly mentally healthy, but the judge signed a continuance and the little girl is staying with my friend for the next 6 months. The judge has 1 more continuance then has to make a decision.

    The dad doesnt do drugs but is violent as hell and SPANKED the little girl when she was 2 months old, because she was crying. But the bio mom wont tell the caseworker that. Hes dangerous, has a short record even though he beat the bio mom almost to death (bc she didnt press charges). The are actually considering giving the little girl to him bc hes clean, has a job and transportation. The bar is that low. ugh.
    I don't understand what the push to reunite foster children with terrible bio families is. I think this is why we so so many kids get harmed. I'm sorry that the child's well being isn't what is being considered.

  14. #14
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,071
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't understand what the push to reunite foster children with terrible bio families is. I think this is why we so so many kids get harmed. I'm sorry that the child's well being isn't what is being considered.
    Exactly this. Like I said. They focus more on the parental rights than the rights and the safety of the kids. It's backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  15. #15
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,478
    Rep Power
    21474873
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't understand what the push to reunite foster children with terrible bio families is. I think this is why we so so many kids get harmed. I'm sorry that the child's well being isn't what is being considered.
    It's the pendulum. Not terribly long ago (early to mid 20th century) if the authorities became aware of a poor family, a family of color, or otherwise that messed up in some way, even if just by being poor... they'd snatch those children up and place them in a home. People both "official" and independent would coerce young single women to turn over their kids, "for their own good". If a woman got in trouble with the law, her kids were as good as gone and there was no way she was getting them back. And doG forbid you commit the crime of parenting while native. Your kids would be packed off to a school to be de-natived and might well be adopted away from you. So in response to some of the egregious crimes against parents and children, laws were written, protections put in place, yada yada and now the family of origin is so important that kids don't get protected when they should be. Now before the "child protection" situation got so extreme in the early/mid 20th century it was just the opposite. Parents, especially Fathers, owned their kids and were welcome to beat them bloody if they liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    8,667
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.wcvb.com/article/search-...home/40284310#

    Refrigerator among items removed from family's former home
    Had they not previously searched the apartment?

  17. #17
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,633
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Had they not previously searched the apartment?
    I was surprised too. It seems like that would have been the first place they looked.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yeah, where the fuck am I?
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    18178639
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

    Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

    Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

    I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

  19. #19
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    22,071
    Rep Power
    21474868
    I'm sad to say that I'm not surprised by this news. I wish it wasn't the case and I hoped it wouldn't be, but I already knew and I think we all did.

    Are they going to hold CPS responsible at all? If they had done their job, she might still be alive today.

    Thank you for the update, Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yeah, where the fuck am I?
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    18178639
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm sad to say that I'm not surprised by this news. I wish it wasn't the case and I hoped it wouldn't be, but I already knew and I think we all did.

    Are they going to hold CPS responsible at all? If they had done their job, she might still be alive today.

    Thank you for the update, Music
    I hope so, but I doubt it.

    You're very welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

    Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

    Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

    I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

  21. #21
    Senior Member of_corpse_not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    I never heard of it either
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Power
    21474847
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/24/us/ha...rge/index.html

    Dad arrested second degree murder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •