Thread: Betty White Dead at 99 from natural causes

Betty White Dead at 99 from natural causes

I'm so sad

Beloved actress, comedian and American icon Betty White has died, just weeks before a milestone birthday ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Betty passed away at her home Friday morning.

A trailblazer and pioneer in media, Betty had the longest running career for any woman in TV prior to her death -- starring in multiple shows over the past 8 decades, starting way back in 1939.

Betty is perhaps most famous for her lead role as Rose Nylund in "The Golden Girls," which ran from 1985 to 1992. She'd been in TONS of other big hits throughout her life though.

Betty got her start in radio in the '40s, making appearances on "Blondie," "The Great Gildersleeve," and "This is Your FBI." She eventually got her own radio program. In 1949, she began working on a TV variety show with Al Jarvis called "Hollywood on Television" -- which she later co-hosted -- before breaking out into more TV roles.

Her breakout comedic role came in 1973 when she played Sue Ann Nivens on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" ... which ran until 1977, and then she got her starring role in "The Betty White Show."

With 115 acting credits to her name, Betty had roles in productions like "Life with Elizabeth," "Date with the Angels," "The Love Boat," "Mama's Family," "The Golden Palace," "Ladies Man," "That '70s Show," "Higglytown Heroes," "Boston Legal," "The Bold and the Beautiful," "Pound Puppies," "Hot in Cleveland," and many, many, many other shows and films.

She's won 5 Primetime Emmy Awards -- including 2 for 'Mary Tyler Moore,' 1 for "Golden Girls" and 1 for her 1975 'SNL' appearance -- along with Screen Actors Guild Awards, American Comedy Awards and even a 2012 Grammy.

She's been nominated for several Golden Globes and has also been honored with lots of Lifetime Achievement Awards and celebrations through several organizations.

The last time we got Betty on camera, she was teasing starting a Facebook page for herself.

As we told you ... Betty had been extra cautious during the pandemic, mostly chilling at home and passing the time by reading, watching TV and doing crossword puzzles.

Betty was 99 and she was getting set to celebrate her 100th birthday on January 17.

RIP
    https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/31/betty...-golden-girls/

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Super sad but she lived a long life.

Is it real this time? Im guessing she died of old age?

My great grandma died at 99 too.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Reading about her life, I didnt realize she did so much for animals. She was an amazing person.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I have no words. I'm devastated. She was my favorite person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I have no words. I'm devastated. She was my favorite person.
    I knew you would be heartbroken when I saw the news. I'm sorry.

I'm heartbroken. She's one of the most universally beloved humans of all time. I got to meet her briefly at a book signing about a decade ago, and she was as sweet as can be. I told her she's one of my favorites of all time and she said something like, "Thank you very much, even if you don't mean it!" I assured her that I did.

God damn it. I know she had a long life, but still.

We all need to eat a slice of cheesecake in honor of Betty White's life. R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Should would have been 100 in a few weeks! 😢

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/bet...ase-as-planned

Betty White's 100th birthday celebration film will release as planned

Betty White passed away just 17 days shy of her 100th birthday, but her fans will still get the chance to celebrate her centennial.

Fathom Events announced plans last month to show a film titled "Betty White: 100 Years Young — A Birthday Celebration" on Jan. 17. After her death on New Year’s Eve, Fathom mourned White’s death and announced it would move forward with its plans to distribute the movie.

We will go forward with our plans to show the film on January 17 in hopes our film will provide a way for all who loved her to celebrate her life—and experience what made her such a national treasure," producers Steve Boettcher and Mike Trinklein said.

The entertainment group called the film a "celebration of America’s sweetheart," an opportunity to remember White’s life and career.

"It’s a time to come together and enjoy Betty's classic moments on The Golden Girls, SNL, Hot in Cleveland, The Proposal, and The Mary Tyler Moore Show, among others," the producers said. "Drawing from her final interview, this film provides a backstage look at her career, and insights into what was most important to her."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/bet...ase-as-planned

Betty White's 100th birthday celebration film will release as planned
    I'm debating still going. I know it's taking a chance, but I'll wear an N95 the entire time no matter how uncomfortable just to see it at this point. I'm just trying to figure out how to handle crying with one on.

In the meantime, I found this collection of St. Olaf stories by Rose that's hilarious. I binged both Golden Girls and Hot In Cleveland in their entirity earlier this year, but watching her never gets old for me.

It wasn't just her characters and amazing personality that I loved about her. She was a pioneer for women's rights in the entertainment industry, she was a champion for equal rights for Black people, LGBTQ and animals most of all. She even sacrificed her first talk show by standing up against racists. She was basically everything I strive to be.

The world was a better place with her in it. I hoped she would live forever.
    Oh well, back to gum.

I grew up on the Golden Girls. My friends and I each picked which "Golden Girl" we were.

I also loved her in Hot in Cleveland. RIP to a true icon.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I grew up on the Golden Girls. My friends and I each picked which "Golden Girl" we were.

I also loved her in Hot in Cleveland. RIP to a true icon.
    Me too. Loved that show.

As I said on here before, my grandma said I reminded her of Rose.

https://www.wesh.com/article/betty-w...-says/38676561

Actress Betty White's agent said she would not be buried with her late husband in Wisconsin.

White, age 99, died Friday at her home in southern California.
    Advertisement

Her agent Jeff Witjas told ABC News he believed the comedy icon died from natural causes.

"She died in her sleep, in her own bed. It's as simple as that," he said in a phone conversation.

Witjas dismissed rumors that White died from complications from a COVID-19 booster shot.

"Betty didn't have illnesses. She didn't have anything. People are putting it out there that she had the booster on Dec. 28 and that she had effects. She never had a booster," he said.

Witjas said people were trying to politicize White's death.

"They shouldn't do that because she wasn't that type of person in life," he said.

Witjas told ABC he visited White in her home about a month before she died and found her to be "all there," albeit physically frail.

"We were laughing, her sense of humor was there," he said.

When asked if White would be buried in Wisconsin, Witjas said she would not.

White's late husband, Allen Ludden, was born in and is buried there.

He and White were married from 1963 until his death from stomach cancer in 1981.

There has been no official announcement on when or where White will be buried.

Her final resting place could be in California or Illinois.

If she's not being buried with Allen then I guarantee she will be buried in CA. Probably Hollywood Forever. Her parents moved from Illinois to CA when she was still a baby so she has no special connection to there. She grew up and lived in Los Angeles and it was even one of the reasons she didn't want to marry Allen at first. Because she would have to move to NYC and she didn't want to. She loves CA so it'll be here. It MAY be up in Carmel CA rather than LA though. They built their dream home up there and she adored it there. She actually was unhappy about the fact that she couldn't live there in her old age. Apparently it was too far away from the resources she needed ie assistants, nurses, doctors etc. She would also have had to commute a lot for work down here.

So, perhaps that's where she will want to be.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Here is her Death Certificate. She died from a stroke. I just wish it had waited until after her birthday. Otherwise I'm happy that it took her completely. It would be horrifying knowing that such an amazing spirit could have been trapped in a body that no longer worked.

Oh well, back to gum.

You know, I've been mulling over the COD for the day and I'm just going to put this out there because I want to vent.

She lasted 6 days after having the stroke. I don't know how bad it was, but at her age it couldn't have been great. She died in her sleep, but that 6 days must have been torture for her and she didn't deserve that. Being trapped inside of a body that no longer works isn't fun. So this news just makes me sad. I'm happy that it eventually took her because containing a spirit like hers in a "Body Prison" is not what I think anyone would want. However fate is cruel and made her live like that for a week. If anyone deserved mercy it was her.

And people wonder why I question "God".
    Oh well, back to gum.

Everyone needs to google search Betty White today. Such a cool thing! Happy 100th, Betty!

Happy Birthday in heaven Betty.

Lots of money being raised for animal rescues in her name today!

At least she did nudes before she died.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

I donated to a few rescues and animal related causes in her name. I'm so happy that people honored her this way.

In other news, apparently Betty's estate has granted her social media be managed by her assistant Kiersten. I'm happy for this because she was with her all of the time and will update with the things that mattered most to Betty. I'm assuming by the timing that Betty insisted on this in her will. So far she's doing amazing. I'm happy with that.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    At least she did nudes before she died.
    You know. At first I was just going to ignore this as some stupid attempt at humor from someone that doesn't know better, but you aren't stupid and you know better.

You're no different than Saleen being an asshole when RBG died. Trying to cheapen a woman that beat the odds and made a major impact on not only the industry in Hollywood for women, but with her work with animals.

READ THE FUCKING ROOM.

I'm ALL ABOUT jokes when it comes to those that died 99% of the time, but only when it's done in moderation. I have never once seen you slap up a photoshopped picture of a Man of significance that's died. Ever.

Like, I can't decide of you're the ultimate troll of MDS or actually one of us. If you're going to troll, at least be equal opportunity and don't come off as some misogynistic cunt.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information