Thread: "No obvious trauma" seen in deaths of 7 family members found in house in Minnesota: Belin Hernandez (37), Marleny Pinto (34), Eldor Hernandez Castillo (32), Mariela Guzman Pinto (19), Breylin Hernandez (16), Mike Hernandez (7) & Marbely

"No obvious trauma" seen in deaths of 7 family members found in house in Minnesota: Belin Hernandez (37), Marleny Pinto (34), Eldor Hernandez Castillo (32), Mariela Guzman Pinto (19), Breylin Hernandez (16), Mike Hernandez (7) & Marbely

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...eople-81860266

Wreaths for each of the seven people whose bodies were discovered inside a Minnesota home over the weekend were left outside the residence Monday, where friends and relatives wept in below-freezing weather and wondered what happened to their loved ones.

Preliminary autopsy results showed the victims who lived together in Moorhead did not die from ?any obvious trauma,? but a cause of death has not been determined, police said. Relatives said they have more questions than answers.''Moorhead police identified the victims as 37-year-old Belin Hernandez, 34-year-old Marleny Pinto, 32-year-old Eldor Hernandez Castillo, 19-year-old Mariela Guzman Pinto, 16-year-old Breylin Hernandez, 7-year-old Mike Hernandez and 5-year-old Marbely Hernandez.

Alan Pinto, 14, a cousin who on Monday served as translator for his Spanish-speaking relatives, most of whom immigrated from Honduras, said the family was happy to be in America and to escape the turmoil of their home country. But they said their lives will never be the same after such a tragic loss.

?I'm trying,? Pinto said, when asked how he was holding up. ?It's hard.?

Autopsies were conducted over the weekend by the Ramsey County Medical Examiner?s Office in St. Paul. Police said blood samples from the victims have been sent to a lab for further examination.

?I know there is a lot of speculation in the community but our job is to look at all the facts,? Moorhead Capt. Deric Swenson told The Associated Press. ?We have ideas about what happened but we don't have that specific answer.?

The victims were found just before 8 p.m. Saturday by family members conducting a welfare check at the home in south Moorhead. Neighbors said the children were last seen Friday.

There were no signs of violence or forced entry, police said. Authorities were not seeking suspects.

Moorhead is on the Minnesota border next to Fargo, North Dakota, in a metropolitan area of about 230,000 people.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Had to be Carbon Monoxide. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yep.
    It scares the living shit out of me and there's always at least a few stories like this every beginning of winter when people start using their furnaces again. Terrifying stuff.
    Oh well, back to gum.

It scares the living shit out of me and there's always at least a few stories like this every beginning of winter when people start using their furnaces again. Terrifying stuff.
    CO detectors are a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yep. My niece lives up that way and knows someone who knows someone. They had a detector, but it apparently didn't have batteries. Very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office has now conducted a blood exam that found "a lethal level of carbon monoxide toxicity in the victims," per a release issued by the Moorhead Police Department on Wednesday.

It went on to detail that the home contained two items that can potentially discharge carbon monoxide, the first being a furnace, located in the garage. "Detectives have worked with the State Fire Marshal and an HVAC professional and could not duplicate a furnace malfunction whereby carbon monoxide was entering the home," according to the release.

The second source was a Kia van, also in the garage, which had issues with the battery. "The vehicle was found with a dead battery and a half-full gas tank," the police department explained. "There is no indication it was being worked on, such as tools, jumper cables, or a battery jump starter. Detectives had the car checked by a mechanic, the alternator was functioning correctly, but the battery needed to be charged."

Additional analysis will be performed at a different lab to find out if hydrogen cyanide, which is found in a car's exhaust, played a factor. The results could take up to eight weeks.

"Once those lab results are finalized, we will move closer to defining the cause of the poisoning," the release shared. It also noted the home was last inspected in September 2020, and no issues were discovered. While detectives found a carbon monoxide detector in the laundry room, it wasn't on the wall and didn't have a battery. The only devices that were attached to the home were smoke detectors.

"The investigation is still active; however, this information should provide more answers for the cause of this tragic situation," the release concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    ugh. That almost sounds deliberate, doesn't it? Takedown the carbon monoxide detector. Start the Kia and...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    ugh. That almost sounds deliberate, doesn't it? Takedown the carbon monoxide detector. Start the Kia and...
    Yeah, it's strange that the furnace showed no signs of malfunction. If the Kia was found with a dead battery, that would indicate that it was running and then somehow stalled at one point with the key still in the started position which would continue to run the battery down.

This sadly might have been deliberate.
    Oh well, back to gum.

So, an update on this:

It was proven that the CO did not come from the Kia. Car exhaust also contains cyanide, and the toxicology results eventually came back negative for that. My thought is that one or more times previously, the furnace emitted smaller levels of CO that were enough to trip the detector but not make anyone sick, and the family disabled the CO detector thinking they were getting false alarms. It does seem strange that they were unable to reproduce the furnace malfunction, but it is what it is.

Belin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/humberto.hernandez.777
    Marleny's FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009344922724
    Older one of Marleny: https://www.facebook.com/marleny.pintoorellano
    Elder's FB: https://www.facebook.com/elder.castillo.752 (There's some variations in his name, but I think this is correct since mainstream media used a picture from here).

As for the older kids, if they had a FB it's not friended to their parents and there's over 40 profiles with each of their names.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So sad.

Thread Information