Thread: Unidentified baby found with missing couple in Volusia County, deputies say

Unidentified baby found with missing couple in Volusia County, deputies say

I posted this so I can remember to check back on it. The found them near me. I am curious if they killed someone and took their baby.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...-deputies-say/

A couple reported missing from Indiana turned up in Volusia County, along with a stolen van and an unidentified baby, according to deputies.

Deputies arrested Lincoln Germana, 28, and Amanda Germana, 26, Thursday in DeLeon Springs after detectives in Johnson County, Indiana, alerted the Volusia County Sheriff?s Office that a cellphone belonging to the couple had been pinged in the area, according to an incident report.

Investigators said the two were seen returning to a stolen Penske moving van, which had a license plate stolen from another cargo van. The couple had a stroller with them, records show, but family members had told detectives that Amanda Germana had a miscarriage during her most recent pregnancy and had not, to their knowledge, given birth since then, making it unclear to whom the baby belonged.

Investigators said they surrounded the vehicle and ordered the couple out of the van. Once both were secured, deputies said they searched the vehicle and found the baby in the cargo area of the van in a car seat that was secured with a bungee cord. Records show there were several items inside the cargo area that were not secured properly and could have injured the infant. Deputies added that the van had a foul odor due to the amount of dirty clothes and used diapers inside.

At the time of the arrest, investigators said Amanda Germana spontaneously said that the child was not hers. They added that Lincoln Germana said the child?s name was ?Emanuel Rodriguez,? but Amanda Germana called the child ?John.?

Investigators said that since the arrest, the couple has claimed the child is theirs, explaining that it was a home birth so there were no records.

Deputies said they will use DNA to determine the child?s parentage. The infant is being cared for by the Department of Children and Families pending investigation.

Both face a charge of child neglect. Lincoln Germana also faces a charge of grand theft.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    WTF. It sounds just like you said, killing the mother and stealing the baby. However, wouldn't there be a case our there of a pregnant woman killed and the baby missing?

I wonder if they bought the baby? Maybe found a desperate mother and took the baby from her? It's bizarre that they don't have a missing baby case to match up to this.

Also, you strap the kid in with bungee cords like cargo and other stuff is flying around the back with it?! Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://dailyjournal.net/2021/12/20/...ct-in-florida/

When the couple was last seen, they had an unidentified infant with them. Amanda German told the relative she was taking care of the infant for an unidentified mother, and she was planning to give it back soon, the report shows.
    The stolen van also had a foul smell coming from it due to an “overwhelming amount” of unwashed clothing and dirty diapers. There were several poorly secured items, including large flashlights, hanging above the car seat. The infant was separated from the driver’s and passenger’s seat at the front of the vehicle by a large metal divider, which meant the drivers could not access the child in an emergency, according to the report.

After the Germanas were taken into custody, Florida police contacted local police and found an Indiana license plate attached to the van which belonged to a completely different van. The correct license plate — also from Indiana — was found inside the van, and it appeared some of the decals on the tag were scraped off, the report shows.

The baby was medically cleared by emergency medical personnel and emergency custody of the infant was given to the Florida Department of Children and Families, according to the report.

Both Amanda and Lincoln Germana refused to speak with police after their arrests, but Amanda did tell police the child was not hers. The couple also gave two different names for the baby, the report shows.

The baby was given a DNA test, and results showed both Amanda and Lincoln Germana were the parents. The child remains in DCF custody pending an investigation, said Andrew Gant, a Volusia County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson.
    Amanda N. Germana, 26, was arrested and charged with child neglect, a third-degree felony. Lincoln T. Germana, 28, was arrested and charged with child neglect and grand theft auto, both third-degree felonies. If convicted, Amanda Germana could face up to five years in prison, and Lincoln Germana could face up to 10 years in prison.
    There is so much wtf in this whole story. Why not just admit the kid was theirs?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    In their STUPID minds, they probably thought that the charges would be worse if it were their own kid rather than someone else's.

I'm going out on a limb here and thinking that drugs are somehow involved. I hope that this baby gets adopted by an amazing family because otherwise it's DOOMED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Wow, was not expecting the child to be theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Somethings really fucked up here if these 2 thought it smarter to say this baby wasn’t theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Just want to add my dubya tee effs to those already expressed and to mark this for future updates.

This baby was bungee-strapped into the cargo hold of a Penske van while his parents were traveling in the cab - BUNGEE-STRAPPED!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information