Thread: Oakley Carlson (5) not seen since 2019 but only reported missing in 2021; parents have been arrested

Oakley Carlson (5) not seen since 2019 but only reported missing in 2021; parents have been arrested

https://nypost.com/2021/12/09/washin...year-old-girl/

The parents of a missing 5-year-old from Washington state have been jailed as investigators search for the girl, authorities said.

Oakley Carlson, of Oakville, was reported missing by a ?concerned citizen,? and her parents, Jordan Bowers and Andrew Carlson, are considered persons of interest in her ?suspicious? disappearance, the Grays Harbor Sheriff?s Office said Tuesday.

?Detectives and search and rescue workers are currently searching the residence and property of the child,? deputies said in a statement. ?The investigation is in its initial stages.?

Exactly when Oakley was last seen is unclear, but her parents remain in custody at the Grays Harbor County Jail, where they were booked on suspicion of manslaughter. They have not been formally charged, KOMO reported.

Oakley?s parents did not provide an answer about her whereabouts when asked by investigators, Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Brad Johansson told KING-TV.

Detectives are still trying to determine when Oakley was last seen, Johansson said. Her former foster parents haven?t seen the girl since late 2019.

Child welfare officials placed Oakley back with her biological parents that year, though it wasn?t immediately clear why.

Erik Hiles, her former foster parent, told KOMO he fears the worst.

?There?s just this uneasy feeling,? he told the station. ?It just doesn?t feel like it?s real. This doesn?t happen to us in our community.?

Hiles? wife, Jamie Jo Hiles, said the couple wanted to give the girl the ?absolute best life? after taking her in at just 7 months old.

?Loading her into that car two years ago felt like a death to us then,? she told KOMO. ?We have grieved and have been so sad at the loss of her. I never want anything to ever happen to her, but I have to prepare myself that something could have happened to her.?

Divers are set to search a flooded area at the family?s 300-acre property Thursday, KOMO reported. Bowers, 32, and Carlson, 36, will remain jailed until Friday ? when a prosecutor has to formally charge them, according to the station.

Anyone with information regarding Oakley?s whereabouts should call the Grays Harbor Sheriff?s Office at (360) 533-8765.
    https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/new...LXBUYQNP7JLVA/

Charges of abandonment have been filed against Andrew Carlson and Jordan Bowers, the parents of missing 5-year-old Oakley Carlson.

The Grays Harbor Sheriff?s Office said Thursday that neither Carlson or Bowers gave Oakley?s older 6-year-old sister her medicine for nearly 15 months, the result of which could have killed her.

"They were barely responsible for themselves, let alone their children,? says Erik Hyles, Oakley?s former foster father.

Jamie Jo and Erik Hyles weren?t the least bit surprised to learn that abandonment charges have now been slapped against Carlson and Bowers.

?It just speaks to the nature of how they were as parents,? says Jamie Jo Hyles, Oakley?s former foster mother. ?That?s pure neglect. Why if you know that this is a life-or-death situation, why would you even consider not giving that to your child.?

Oakley has been reported missing since the end of November. On Thursday a vigil was held for her outside Oakville elementary school.

I think that it just shows that we have a great sense of community,? says Erik Hyles. ?We do live in a small community but the people in this area really get behind everybody else.?

Oakley?s birth parents are people of interest in this investigation and detectives say her parents haven?t said where Oakley might be or if she is with anybody else.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/oakley-i...-disappearance

Missing 5-year-old's sister says Oakley Carlson 'is no more,' was told by mother not to speak of her

As the search for 5-year-old Oakley Carlson continues, her siblings may have shed light on what happened while speaking with law enforcement.

According to Brad Johansson, the Undersheriff for the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office, Oakley's 6-year-old sister told authorities during an interview that her sister "was no longer around."

Johansson did not specify if the 6-year-old sister elaborated on that statement.

However, court documents reveal Oakley's sister and brother shared some disturbing information with investigators.

Detectives learned in an interview with the 9-year-old brother that Oakley's mother, Jordan Bowers, would "put Oakley in the closet, possibly under a stairwell" and that he "has witnessed Jordan beat Oakley with a belt and has been worried about her starving."

In a forensic interview with a child advocate, Oakley's 6-year-old sister shared that "her mother Jordan had told her not to talk about Oakley" and that "she had gone out into the woods and had been eaten by wolves," according to court documents.

The search for Oakley began earlier this month when a person had been in contact with the family several times after a fire in their home, but hadn't seen Oakley in all that time.

Court documents said that person was a principal in the Oakville School District whose daughter is friends with Oakley's 6-year-old sister.

The little girl should have stayed with the foster family. She would still be alive.

What I dont get is why the parents fought for her if they didnt want her, and were just going to abuse/neglect her?

ETA: I just saw she was with the foster family from 7 months old until she was 4. Poor girl was removed from all she has ever known into abuse and hell. Poor girl.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-11-2021 at 07:30 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The little girl should have stayed with the foster family. She would still be alive.

What I dont get is why the parents fought for her if they didnt want her, and were just going to abuse/neglect her?

ETA: I just saw she was with the foster family from 7 months old until she was 4. Poor girl was removed from all she has ever known into abuse and hell. Poor girl.
    I don't understand it either, but we have a few other cases similar to this where the foster family fought to keep a kid and the bio family fought for custody and then killed the kid. I think it's just a "that's mine and I want it" type of thing, but with a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't understand it either, but we have a few other cases similar to this where the foster family fought to keep a kid and the bio family fought for custody and then killed the kid. I think it's just a "that's mine and I want it" type of thing, but with a human being.
    I hope the other kids were removed.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yep. Plus, money. The more kids you have, the more money you can get. We went through that with my youngest's bio mom. Once he was old enough to be in school, she decided to file for custody. In the paperwork she said she wanted to get child support from my husband (which was obviously to us the reason she was doing this - and she wanted welfare, which she had tried to get before but was denied because she didn't have custody). Of course, she lost and once she couldn't get custody of him she completely stopped seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm disgusted by this whole situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...a-e69c0f24e63d

Grays Harbor detectives now believe missing 5-year-old girl Oakley Carlson was last seen alive on Feb. 10, two weeks after they were last able to prove she had been seen.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Brad Johansson said a tip suggested Oakley was in the county on that date, and investigators believe the information to be credible.

"This is a person who is associated with the family and we find them to be reliable," said Johansson.

He said investigators are frustrated they have not received more information from the public.

”At this point, she was last seen in the care of her parents, and unfortunately the reality that she’s going to be recovered safe and sound is becoming smaller and smaller," said Johansson.

Investigators still want to speak with anyone who has seen Oakley since January 2021. Additionally, they want to speak with anyone who had direct contact with either of her parents in that same timeframe.

Oakley's grandparents, whom officers say have been helping with the investigation, released the following statement on Wednesday:

"The Carlson family have been and continue to be fully cooperating with this investigation. Our only objective is to find our granddaughter Oakley. We're praying that Oakley will be found soon and also for the multitude of good people working around the clock to make that happen. We ask that the media respect our privacy during this very difficult time, and we do not with to make any further statement for now. Thank you."

Thread Information