Thread: Bomb squad called to ER after a patient turned up with a WWII artillery shell lodged in his rectum

Bomb squad called to ER after a patient turned up with a WWII artillery shell lodged in his rectum

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout

Bomb disposal experts were called to a hospital in Gloucester, England after a man told doctors that there was a World War II anti-tank shell lodged inside of him, authorities said.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) arrived at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday morning after hearing that "a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum," a spokesperson for Gloucestershire Constabulary told Insider.

The item had already been removed by doctors by the time the bomb squad arrived, the spokesperson added, and the EOD confirmed that the shell was "not live" and "therefore not a danger to the public."

The Sun was first to report that the unnamed patient told doctors at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital that he "slipped and fell" on the two-inch-wide artillery shell.

The media outlet reported that the shell was part of his military memorabilia collection.

In a statement sent to Insider, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: "As with any incident involving munitions, the relevant safety protocols were followed to ensure that there was no risk to patients, staff, or visitors at any time."

The British newspaper Metro reported that procedures to remove objects from patients' rectums cost the National Health Service (NHS) around ?340,000 ($450,000) a year.

I've got a wocket in my pocket! No wait, it's a bomb in my bumm.

These slip and fall incidents are so annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I've got a wocket in my pocket! No wait, it's a bomb in my bumm.

These slip and fall incidents are so annoying.
    You have to be so careful. You could just slip and fall and an entire couch could end up in your bum!

He claims he fell on it! LOL. My sister worked in a ER for years. She once told me about a guy who came in with an apple in his butt. He claimed he didn't have any toilet paper. I wonder what's more embarrassing - getting something stuck up there or telling an unbelievably stupid story you know no one's going to believe? I suppose if one were into ""Apples in the butt" they'd probably be better off starting with crab apples. I haven't put too much thought into this...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    He claims he fell on it! LOL. My sister worked in a ER for years. She once told me about a guy who came in with an apple in his butt. He claimed he didn't have any toilet paper. I wonder what's more embarrassing - getting something stuck up there or telling an unbelievably stupid story you know no one's going to believe? I suppose if one were into ""Apples in the butt" they'd probably be better off starting with crab apples. I haven't put too much thought into this...
    You've definitely put more thought into it than I have.

Some nurses we used to know would tell all kinds of stories about people coming into the ER with things in their butts after they "fell on them". They said people came in with dildos, wine bottles, and vegetables lodged up there. This is making me think about Bam and the car up his ass in JackAss.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Now that's a party....
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    I think the most embarrassing thing is he was able to fit an apple in there. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal team (EOD) arrived at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday morning after hearing that "a patient had presented with a munition in his rectum," a spokesperson for Gloucestershire Constabulary told Insider.
    This is a sentence the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Public Affairs Officer never thought he would have to utter. Ever.

You win my internet today, RBW. I sprayed the computer screen. Thank you for that.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 01-25-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Last edited by KimTisha; 02-06-2022 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Because I'm a numpty today.

Thread Information