Thread: Steve Tilbury (26) accused of beating his co-worker, Charles G. Cummings (50), to death with a metal baseball bat

Steve Tilbury (26) accused of beating his co-worker, Charles G. Cummings (50), to death with a metal baseball bat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

A Florida man is accused of beating his co-worker at a car dealership to death with a metal bat.

Steve Tilbury, 26, of Leesburg, was arrested on November 23 at 8:45 a.m. He has been charged with battery and murder over the death of Charles G. Cummings, 50, who died of his injuries at the Halifax Health Medical Center.

Tilbury is currently at Volusia County Jail.

The attack took place at the Ritchey Autos car dealership on North Nova Road. Police spokesman Messod Bendayan told Newsweek officers believe the two men had been involved in an argument at their workplace the day before the attack.

Ritchey Autos is a chain of dealerships with three locations across Florida. It is not currently known how long Tilbury and Cummings had worked there, or what their roles at the company were.

Bendayan continued: "Officers responded to the automobile dealership soon after Volusia County emergency dispatchers received a call for assistance at 8:43 a.m. that morning, finding the suspect and victim at the scene.

"Tilbury was taken into custody at that time on two felony counts of aggravated battery.

"Witnesses told the Daytona Beach Police Department that Tilbury pulled up to a maintenance bay in his silver Chevy truck, grabbed a metal bat from the rea of the truck, and hit Cummings on the head with the bat while he was sitting at a desk.

"Fellow co-workers then subdued Tilbury and stripped him of the metal bat prior to first responders arriving on the scene."

That poor guy was just sitting at his desk working. What a psycho.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Hot-headed little psycho - it was all over changing desks. WTF....

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fa...82MHYJcS4GWCm0
    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Daytona Beach police officers say Charles Cummings, 50, died from head injuries caused when Steve Tilbury, 26, allegedly struck him with a metal bat at their workplace. DBPD said the motive was a dispute at work.

The family of the victim calls it a senseless act.

His daughter, Alyssa Cummings, says that the argument wasn?t much of anything at all. She believes this all started when the employer asked the two to switch workstations.

"They gave him a little better of a work area and had him switch with the kid," said Cummings.

She believes the simple request was the motivation behind Tilbury?s alleged unprovoked attack.

"The kid pulled up next to the door, got out, hit him in the head with a bat when he wasn?t even looking while he was on the computer," said Cummings.

The incident happened the morning of Nov. 23 at Ritchey Auto in Daytona Beach. Witnesses say Tilbury got out of his truck and used a metal bat to strike Cummings in the head.

RELATED: Florida man dies after being attacked by coworker with metal bat, police say

Initially, Alyssa says things were looking up for her father who was conscious after the attack. It wasn?t until a couple of days later at the hospital when things took a turn and her father was placed into a medically induced coma.

"He never woke up," says Cummings. "We never got to speak. He never got to say anything else."

Alyssa says this has brought the family closer together. She says they won?t soon forget their father?s friendly, outgoing and goofball nature. Her brother is also a mechanic and hopes to help carry on their father?s legacy.

"He said that my pops was, ?my best friend.? I will now try my best to fill his boots and make him proud of everything I do," says Cummings.

Tilbury was known to the family. He had had class with Alyssa?s brother.

The Cummings family was able to donate Charles? organs which will hopefully bring some good news to a few families in need.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

He didnt die right away, and everyone thought he was going to be ok only to die a couple days later?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He didnt die right away, and everyone thought he was going to be ok only to die a couple days later?
    I'm guessing his brain started swelling and they put him in a medically induced coma to take out the bone in the forehead. I can't remember what it is called, but when my boss had surgery after his aneurysm and his brain started swelling, this is what they did to try to ease the pressure. My boss stayed in a coma for almost 3 months and eventually they took him off life support.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm guessing his brain started swelling and they put him in a medically induced coma to take out the bone in the forehead. I can't remember what it is called, but when my boss had surgery after his aneurysm and his brain started swelling, this is what they did to try to ease the pressure. My boss stayed in a coma for almost 3 months and eventually they took him off life support.
    Im sorry about your boss.

I know a kid that had part of his skull removed to relieve the pressure from his brain swelling, and he wasnt the same after.

Yeah a lot of damage can be done by the pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information