Thread: William Conway Broyles (57) shot and killed his wife, Candace Lynn (57), Aaron Christopher Broyles (28), and daughter, Cara Lynn (27)

William Conway Broyles (57) shot and killed his wife, Candace Lynn (57), Aaron Christopher Broyles (28), and daughter, Cara Lynn (27)

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ldren-81517367

A Florida man who served as the music minister at a church is accused of fatally shooting his wife and two adult children, officials said.

William Conway Broyles called 911 on Wednesday to report what he had done, Nassau County Sheriff Bob Leeper said at a news conference. Broyles later told investigators that he shot his wife and children multiple times ?just to make sure they didn't suffer," the sheriff said.

Broyles, 57, was unarmed and lying in the driveway of his home in Callahan when deputies arrived, Leeper said.

Broyles was charged with three counts of second-degree murder, news outlets reported. He appeared before a judge in Nassau County on Thursday morning and was denied bond. He told the judge he couldn't afford a lawyer, so one will be appointed to represent him.

Broyles spoke clearly but appeared to twitch as he stood barefoot, gripping the bottom of his smock during court proceedings, First Coast News television station reported.

The sheriff said deputies found Candace Lynn Broyles, 57, dead in the living room and Cara Lynn Broyles, 27, in her bedroom, where they said her father shot her as she was waking up. Aaron Christopher Broyles, 28, was killed in his bedroom, and his door was broken down.

?It?s just a senseless act," Leeper said. ?When he was asked why he just didn?t shoot himself, he said he was too scared to do that.?

The family had no reported history of domestic problems, the sheriff said.

The Florida Times-Union reported that Broyles served as music minister at Hodges Boulevard Presbyterian Church. The church website describes him as being happily married for 30 years.

He also killed his son...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Why is he being charged with second degree murder?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why is he being charged with second degree murder?
    I wondered the same thing.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/florid...-kids-sheriff/

An arrest report identified the victims as Candace, Cara and Aaron Broyles, according to WJXT. Leeper said there was no prior history of domestic issues at the family’s home.

“It doesn’t make any sense when you look at the whole circumstances of why we believe it happened,” the sheriff told WJXX, adding a motive remains under investigation.

Leeper said Broyles’ daughter may have had autism, but was high-functioning, WJXX reported.

Broyles has been charged with three counts of second-degree murder and remains held without bond at the Nassau County Jail, records show. It’s unclear if he’s hired an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

An online bio for Broyles at Hodges Boulevard Presbyterian Church says he’s worked as the director of music ministries for the past 23 years.

“Bill has been happily married for 30 years to Candace and they have three children, sons Evan and Aaron and daughter Cara, along with three crazy Corgi pups,” the site reads. “In his free time, Bill enjoys all types of outdoor activities, reworking older cars, and home and garden projects.”

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's always the religious nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information