Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tate Myre (16), Hana St. Juliana (14), Justin Shilling (17) & Madisyn Baldwin (17) killed in school shooting in Oxford Michigan

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    YES!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/23/us/cr...ing/index.html

Ethan Crumbley’s parents should stand trial for involuntary manslaughter, appellate court says
    Amazing. SOMETIMES the justice system gets it right. Now let's see if they follow through with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Now on to his parents.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/eth...-23/index.html

Michigan school shooter sentenced to life in prison without parole

The mom's trial began today.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/us/ja...ial/index.html

Trials of Michigan school shooter’s parents set to test limits of who’s responsible for a mass shooting

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I really hope things go badly for her and her husband.

I guess I'm going to disagree with people here and say that having watched the entire trial, I've changed my mind and would vote "Not Guilty" if I were on the jury. My take on it:

* A lot of the prosecution seems to be politically motivated because it was a school shooting as opposed something else, and a firearm as opposed to something else. Would we be having the same conversation if Ethan had instead taken a knife from the butcher block that wasn't locked up (to use the example in the defense lawyers argument, and went down to a bowling alley and stabbed someone. Would we be having the same discussion if Mom had bought Ethan a car and failed to keep the keys to it locked up at all time, and he went out and Darrell Brooksed a Christmas parade? Why were the prosecution trying to suggest taking a kid to a shooting range is neglect or maleficense? How many Michigan kids went to that shooting range with their parents that week that they could have played videos about.

* The school caught him drawing up pictures of guns on his homework, yet the trained counselors at the school treated it less seriously than someone vaping in the bathroom. They didn't even think they should search his backpack, yet we hear the story that just came out of a girl forced to lift her bra when the school was looking for a vape pen. Instead of going "this is serious, Ethan is suspended from school for the day and you need to take him down to the Emergency Room right now for a psych evaluation.", they give the parents the option to take him and suggest maybe he should get some outpatient therapy. With a blase reaction from trained mental health professionals, how are the parents supposed to pick up on how searious the situation actually is?

* I find it credible the "no context" explanation for those prima fascia alarming messages and the defense lawyers point that "what if the text 'there's no food in the house' my teens sent to me be got sent to CPS with no context?"

* The defense was willing to stipulate that four kids were indeed killed and Ethan was indeed the shooter, but the prosecution insited on showing all the gruesome photos anyway, hoping that the jury would convict her based on visceral emotion instead of having any legal basis to do so, sort of a reverse jury nullification.

* It seems ideologically inconsistant to charge Ethan as an adult with the charges against him, saying "You're an adult and fully responsible for your actions" while treating Ethan as a kid- "You're responsible for your kid's actions" in the charges against the parents. Or if you believe that parents are always responsible for their kids, if you have kids what can you do other than keep them locked in a cage in the garage until they're 18 to make sure they don't take a gun or a butcher knife or a car and do something that gets charges nailed on you?

Considering how the entire community hates her but the case is very shaky and tenous legally, part of me thinks a bench trial would have been a good idea.

Mom was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Mom was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
    Sorry, Mdcastle, but I'm actually happy about this. Maybe this will set the standard that parents who don't lock up their guns or supply their kids with guns knowing that they have massive issues will be held responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Sorry, Mdcastle, but I'm actually happy about this. Maybe this will set the standard that parents who don't lock up their guns or supply their kids with guns knowing that they have massive issues will be held responsible.
    I agree. She had the responsibility to parent her son; however, she essentially neglected him.

You know whats the kicker? She said she wouldnt have done anything different. Let me find the link...yes this dumb bitch said that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

“I’ve asked myself if I would have done anything differently and I wouldn’t have,” she said
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...er/ar-BB1hSrTm

Wow.

See how well regulated the militia is?

She is still a dumb bitch but her lawyer probably advised her to say that. If you would change something that means you admit youbdis something wrong which acknowledges guilt. Technically.

Same concept with police involved shootings. They are advised to be confident in their decision to shoot.

Stupid. Aside from that, I'm still glad she's guilty. Fucking negligent parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    She is still a dumb bitch but her lawyer probably advised her to say that. If you would change something that means you admit youbdis something wrong which acknowledges guilt. Technically.

Same concept with police involved shootings. They are advised to be confident in their decision to shoot.

Stupid. Aside from that, I'm still glad she's guilty. Fucking negligent parenting.
    Ugh...treadmill posting is bad for typos. And safety. I almost bailed!

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Ugh...treadmill posting is bad for typos. And safety. I almost bailed!
    Be careful! I don't want to have to start a thread about you dying from posting on MDS while on a treadmill. Although, that would be quite a thread!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/14/us/ja...day/index.html

Father of Michigan school shooter found guilty of manslaughter weeks after mother’s conviction

James Crumbley was convicted of four counts of involuntary manslaughter, a charge that carries a maximum punishment of up to 15 years in prison, which would run concurrently.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/14/us/ja...day/index.html

Father of Michigan school shooter found guilty of manslaughter weeks after mother’s conviction
    Good. What useless parents they both were.

Thread Information