Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tate Myre (16), Hana St. Juliana (14), Justin Shilling (17) & Madisyn Baldwin (17) killed in school shooting in Oxford Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So did the dad buy the gun for himself or his son??
    My guess is that dad bought it and gave it to the son, which is why they are actually charging the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Has this happened before? I dont recall it happening. Im glad it is, though.
    I can't recall any where they actually charged the parents. I wish it would happen more often. Yeah, you may have a right to your guns, but you also have a responsibility to keep them out of certain people's hands.

I'm reading this on my phone but according to KCRA, a teacher that day (before it happened) found a drawing of a gun, a person bleeding and the words "help me" at his desk. Yet he was able to return to his classroom??

The mom also texted her son "Ethan, don't do it."

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm reading this on my phone but according to KCRA, a teacher that day (before it happened) found a drawing of a gun, a person bleeding and the words "help me" at his desk. Yet he was able to return to his classroom??

So they knew their son could possibly be violent, but they bought him a gun?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

So they knew their son could possibly be violent, but they bought him a gun?
    Yep, that is one of the reasons they are being charged.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Faculty came to help us identify the possessions and backpacks of the surviving students. Just after lunch the sheriff came and told them to leave because the parents are missing.
    They had been staying in a hotel under surveillance since the incident. Yesterday they withdrew $4,000 from the bank and disappeared.

A teacher reported to school officials that the teen was searching for ammunition on his cell phone during class, which was then reported to his parents.

Jennifer then sent a message to Ethan stating ?I?m not mad at you, you have to learn not to get caught,? McDonald said

Sorry phone posting, but mother of the year there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Faculty came to help us identify the possessions and backpacks of the surviving students. Just after lunch the sheriff came and told them to leave because the parents are missing.
    They had been staying in a hotel under surveillance since the incident. Yesterday they withdrew $4,000 from the bank and disappeared.
    Guess the surveillance wasn't that great. How did they manage that with them being watched? Unbelievable.

That is so f*cked considering days earlier she told him she wasn't mad at him for looking for ammunition during school .

I just saw on Fox 2 a headline that said these two were caught and arrested but I can't hear anything because it's in the gym tvs. Going to google!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc....a-59530279.amp

Found in a basement in Detroit after someone reported seeing their vehicle.

Sorry for multi posts.

I already know these are shit parents but then completely abandoning your teenage son to save your own asses? Fucking cowards.

They're paying for their attorneys but left their son to a court appointed attorney. ��

I can almost see why searching google for ammo didn't raise too many flags. After all he's got a shiny new "black Friday" gun. You'd need ammo for it, or more ammo, if you're planning target practice. But my lord, the drawing, and when you get called to school because the teachers are worried? It's almost like the 'rents wanted something like this to happen. Then to run and hide, in a warehouse, in Detroit? Gah. Lock them all up.

The article I was reading claims it will be months before the school can reopen. So how many people have been harmed, the kids who were killed, their families and friends, the kids and teachers who had to run for their lives (the survivor's guilt alone!) All these people who have had another school year destroyed.

We had an incident in Rapid City, years before Columbine, where a high school student brought a gun to school and took a whole class full of students hostage. No one was killed, and one or several of the students managed to disarm the guy with the gun. But I know some of those kids and their families are still dealing with things today, years later. The would be shooter ended up getting killed some years later after a lifetime of violence...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/03/us/mi...age/index.html

The parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect are charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the rampage
    This will be interesting from a legal perspective. Has this ever been done before? I'm sure it has, but I'm drawing a blank.

Are there any other children in the family? I don't ever agree with trying a juvenile as an adult, but I understand why it's done. I'd much rather see criminal justice reform change the laws that allow juveniles to be released when they age out, rather than deny them programs that could help rehabilitate them. I know some people are beyond rehabilitation, but we can't possibly know that before the trial (and by then the decision has already been made to try him as an adult because he's beyond redemption #viciouscircle).

Such a sad, sad case. It looks like everything worked the way it should have - and still nothing was done to stop it. WTF...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This will be interesting from a legal perspective. Has this ever been done before? I'm sure it has, but I'm drawing a blank.

Are there any other children in the family? I don't ever agree with trying a juvenile as an adult, but I understand why it's done. I'd much rather see criminal justice reform change the laws that allow juveniles to be released when they age out, rather than deny them programs that could help rehabilitate them. I know some people are beyond rehabilitation, but we can't possibly know that before the trial (and by then the decision has already been made to try him as an adult because he's beyond redemption #viciouscircle).

Such a sad, sad case. It looks like everything worked the way it should have - and still nothing was done to stop it. WTF...
    I think a couple of parents or grandparents (Drew Golden's grandfather for one) have be sued in civil court because shooters got ahold of their guns. But I don't know of any cases of criminal charges.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I think a couple of parents or grandparents (Drew Golden's grandfather for one) have be sued in civil court because shooters got ahold of their guns. But I don't know of any cases of criminal charges.
    My parents were sued (and the victim's family won) because my brother used my dad's gun, and his gun was even locked up.

Someone tried to make a racist point about this in a Facebook thread saying, " so should the parents be charged if there's a shooting in Chicago " ( obviously pointed at POC).

My response was, "If the gun was registered to them and not secured, ABSOLUTELY".

Their response was, " well, what if it was a car ".

Honestly. STOP reaching at straws to try to make these parents less responsible. I've been saying for EONS that the owners of the guns should be charged and held responsible. No difference with race. No difference with political affiliation.

The same people that cry, " Why do they always make it about race " are the ones making it all about race.

Fuck. You.

They want to make it all about race so badly, then let's go there:

How many school shootings are carried out by Black People versus White.

I'll wait........

Yeah, let's talk about school shootings and race. LETS.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 12-04-2021 at 04:43 PM.

My parents were sued (and the victim's family won) because my brother used my dad's gun, and his gun was even locked up.
    Interesting. And this was Texas? I think gun owners should be responsible, especially parents whose minor children use their guns...

Interesting. And this was Texas? I think gun owners should be responsible, especially parents whose minor children use their guns...
    This. End of story. You want to be "responsible gun owners" then be responsible. And be held responsible when you aren't.

I wonder how extensively the parents knew of their son's mental illness? Why didnt they take him home that day that the school recommended it? Were they in denial or just shitty parents?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

How much money did they have to fork over?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Someone tried to make a racist point about this in a Facebook thread saying, " so should the parents be charged if there's a shooting in Chicago " ( obviously pointed at POC).

My response was, "If the gun was registered to them and not secured, ABSOLUTELY".

Their response was, " well, what if it was a car ".

Honestly. STOP reaching at straws to try to make these parents less responsible. I've been saying for EONS that the owners of the guns should be charged and held responsible. No difference with race. No difference with political affiliation.

The same people that cry, " Why do they always make it about race " are the ones making it all about race.

Fuck. You.
    Dont get band again

Dont get band again
    Trying not to, but people are SO FUCKING STUPID!!!!!

Yes. DEEP red west Texas.

I wonder how extensively the parents knew of their son's mental illness? Why didnt they take him home that day that the school recommended it? Were they in denial or just shitty parents?
    Does it really matter? It is pretty much the same thing.

$100k, but that was 28 years ago. Their home insurance ended up paying it. I never really understood how it covered it, but it did.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-05-2021 at 12:36 AM.

Thread Information