Thread: Lateche Norris (20) missing from San Diego, CA since 11/5/2021

Lateche Norris (20) missing from San Diego, CA since 11/5/2021

https://nypost.com/2021/11/29/indian...ateche-norris/

An Indiana mother is desperately searching for her 20-year-old daughter, who vanished in California three weeks ago after getting into a fight with her boyfriend.

Lateche Norris hasn?t been heard from since she frantically called her mother, Cheryl Walker, on a stranger?s phone Nov. 5 in San Diego seeking help tracking down her wayward beau.

Norris? distraught mother has since launched a social-media campaign to try to locate her daughter ? as she drew comparisons to the high-profile search for slain Long Island woman Gabby Petito.

?My daughter is just as important as Gabby Petito,? Walker wrote in a Facebook post. ?As if what happened to that sweet girl wasn?t heartbreaking enough.?

Walker said her daughter left for San Diego on Nov. 1 to be with her boyfriend, Joseph ?Joey? Smith.

Walker claims her daughter?s boyfriend had recently left a rehab facility and was living on the streets.

The mother said the young couple, who are both aspiring tattoo artists, had been fighting the day before Norris vanished.

Norris spoke to her mother the morning of Nov. 5 from the stranger?s phone after getting into another argument with Smith.

Walker said her daughter had asked her to send her Smith?s phone number so she could find out where he was ? and promised to call her right back.

The mother said she didn?t ask Norris what happened to her phone or why she couldn?t remember Smith?s number and was calling from the stranger?s device.

?I let her go so she could call him, and I say ?You call me back! I love you,? ? Walker said. ?The last words my daughter said were, ?I will, Momma, I promise I love you more.? ?

The missing woman?s family said they have repeatedly tried to reach Smith since Nov. 5, but their messages are going unanswered.

Norris and Smith met earlier this year and lived together briefly in Santa Cruz over the summer, Walker said. Norris returned home to Indiana after two months before deciding to head back to California three weeks ago.

Norris? mother has accused police of not doing enough to find her daughter after she was reported missing.

Walker claims cops told her they don?t believe Norris is ?at risk? and that they ?see this all the time.?

The San Diego Police Department confirmed to The Post that it received a missing person?s report for Norris on Nov. 9.

The cops would not confirm if they were investigating her disappearance.

Walker took aim at people on social media who have suggested her daughter was looking to be homeless or a drug addict.

?My daughter followed a troubled man out here that she loves, her spirit is a force to be reckoned with,? Walker said.

?I don?t care what anybody says, my daughter agreeing to rough it for a few days upon arriving here, does not mean she planned on being homeless. I know her, I?m not blind, and I?m not na?ve.

?My daughter isn?t an addict, she isn?t a recovering addict.?

This whole thing is odd. Why would she agree to move to be with her boyfriend who didn't even have a place to live?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...d-joseph-smith

“While there is no evidence to suggest she is the victim of a crime at this time, the Missing Persons Unit has followed up on every available tip and lead to date,” Sharki said in a news release. “Police continue to use all resources at their disposal to find Ms. Norris. We need anyone with information, sightings, tips, or leads to come forward.”
    Last week, Sharki told Dateline NBC that there was not yet enough information to consider Norris at-risk. On Tuesday, he said the change to now declare her at-risk “was based on the totality of the circumstances, including the length of time Norris has been missing and the absence of anyone reporting verifiable contact with her.”

According to police, Norris is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs about 165 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt with black leggings, black and white sneakers, and was carrying a black and white checkered backpack.

Her family believes she was last seen at the 7-Eleven on Park Boulevard and 10th Avenue, across from the downtown San Diego Central Library near the right-field entrance to Petco Park. In a Facebook post, Norris’ mother, Cheryl Walker, wrote that Norris called her the next morning from a stranger’s phone.

Walker wrote that Norris and her boyfriend, 26-year-old Joseph Smith, had been fighting for days, and when Norris called her mother she asked for the number that Smith had called Walker from the previous night.

“I let her go so she could call him and I (said) ‘You call me back! I love you!’” Walker wrote on Facebook. “The last words my daughter said were ‘I will Momma, I promise I love you more.’”

Sharki, the police spokesman, declined to answer emailed questions about Smith, who was not named as the suspect of a crime or a person of interest in Norris’ apparent disappearance. It’s unclear if investigators know his whereabouts or have interviewed him.

“That’s all part of the active investigation,” Sharki wrote in an email. “I can’t discuss that at the moment.”

Cheryl Walker told Dateline NBC that Norris met Smith while learning to become a tattoo artist, and the couple moved to Santa Cruz in the summer. Norris returned home to Indiana at some point before agreeing to meet Smith just after Halloween in San Diego, where he had relocated.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    "Joseph Smith". Are they even sure that's his name? San Diego borders Mexico and my gut is telling me that she may have been trafficked. She hardly knew this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

https://www.insider.com/missing-woma...m-note-2021-12

Missing woman Lateche Norris' mother was sent purported ransom note demanding $7,000, family says

Missing woman Lateche Norris' mom was sent a purported ransom note asking for $7,000, Norris' father told Insider.

Days after the family filed a missing person report for Norris on November 9, Norris' mother received a note via a text message from an unknown number, her father told Insider.

"It was like, 'If you want to see your daughter again, send me $7,000,' " her father, Walter Omega Cullum, said.

Norris' mother, Cheryl Walker, replied to the note and asked the person to provide proof that Norris was safe and alive.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.insider.com/missing-woma...m-note-2021-12

Missing woman Lateche Norris' mother was sent purported ransom note demanding $7,000, family says
    Fucking sickos. It's obviously a hoax or scam.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Fucking sickos. It's obviously a hoax or scam.
    Yeah, it seems to happen a lot with missing people. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah, it seems to happen a lot with missing people. Very sad.
    It's possible that it's her and friends doing it. If she got caught up in the drugs, very possible. It's hard for me to believe that she would go downhill that fast though.
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lateche-n...ornia-7-eleven

Lateche Norris, a 20-year-old from Indiana, flew across the country last month for what she believed would be a few days of "roughing it" on a California beach with her boyfriend Joseph Smith, her mother wrote on social media.

She found him at a homeless encampment, riddled with drugs and filth, and they got into a fight, according to Cheryl Walker, her mom. Days later, Norris went missing – and now she hasn’t been seen in four weeks.
    The 20-year-old met Smith over the summer while training to become a tattoo artist, and they briefly lived together, her mother said in an interview with Dateline NBC. Norris returned home to Indiana and then flew to San Diego on Nov. 1 after Smith moved there.

Norris last spoke with her family on Nov. 5, when her mom said she received a call from a strange number. Norris said she’d gotten in a fight with Smith, 25, after flying to San Diego to visit him under allegedly misleading circumstances.
    California authorities declined to release a criminal history for Smith, citing the state’s Public Records Act.

His whereabouts are also unknown, and his parents did not immediately return messages seeking comment Friday morning.

In the 7-Eleven security video, Norris was last seen wearing a black hoodie and navy blue T-shirt, khakis and black sneakers. She was carrying a checkered backpack. Police described her as 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing around 160 pounds. She has dark hair and brown eyes and also uses the nickname "Tesha."

Smith is between 5 feet, 10 inches and 6 feet tall and weighs about 185 pounds. He has dark brown hair and light-colored hazel eyes and numerous tattoos, including on his neck, legs and right arm.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/04/missi...an-diego-trip/

Lateche Norris -- the young woman from Indiana who vanished after taking a trip to San Diego to visit her BF -- has been found after being missing for weeks ... with an assist from Gabby Petito's family.

TMZ just spoke to the 20-year-old's father, Walter Callum, who tells us Lateche is currently with her mother, Cheryl Walker, somewhere in California. More importantly, we're told she is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    THIS is good news and HOLY FUCK are Gabby's parents AMAZING. Honestly. They could have just been themselves still mourning the loss of their daughter and instead they stepped up.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    THIS is good news and HOLY FUCK are Gabby's parents AMAZING. Honestly. They could have just been themselves still mourning the loss of their daughter and instead they stepped up.
    I saw where they have changed all of their "find Gabby" pages to find missing persons pages and have made this their mission.

Thread Information