Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Pregnant librarian Sara Morales (35) shot in road rage conflict

  1. #1
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,301
    Rep Power
    21474872

    Pregnant librarian Sara Morales (35) shot in road rage conflict

    A pregnant librarian in Florida was killed in a shooting following a road rage conflict that she allegedly started.

    Sara Morales, 35, was shot and killed by Andrew Derr after she hit his motorcycle with her vehicle, a blue Kia, according to a report .

    After the collision, Derr and bystanders allegedly called the police and followed Morales to her home after trying to stop her from leaving.

    Morales reportedly refused to stop and drove home with the motorcyclist and bystanders in pursuit.

    Once at her home, Morales went inside, grabbed a firearm, and confronted the group outside her home, police said.


    Seeing this, Derr, who legally carries a Florida concealed weapons permit, presented his firearm and shot Morales, police said.

    Morales, who was four to five months pregnant, was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center, where she died.

    Her firearm was retrieved at the scene. She is survived by her fiance and 11-year-old daughter, authorities said.

    Derr was not injured, stayed at the scene to cooperate with police, and no person has been charged relating to the incident, according to authorities.

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...edly-initiated
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  2. #2
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,296
    Rep Power
    21474860
    hmmm...
    I dont know how I feel about this one.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  3. #3
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,889
    Rep Power
    21474869
    According to this story she drove into the motorcycle on purpose. And I didn't realize this was in Orange City when I read the story originally. This is about 2 miles from where I live.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

    Pregnant Librarian Drove into Motorcyclist on Purpose and Pulled Gun on Him When He Followed Her Home, Cops Said. The Man Allegedly Shot and Killed Her.

    A woman pulled a gun on a motorcyclist shortly after a minor crash, but the man then fatally shot, according to cops. The investigation continues into how Sara-Nicole Morales, 35, died violently in Orange City, Florida, authorities said. 911 audio from shortly before her death shows her yelling, “You followed me to my house!” and “You are three men, and you followed me!”

    “She tried to pull a gun on me!” a man said on audio.

    Cops claim the slain woman had hit a motorcyclist on purpose around the 1400 block of N. Volusia Ave. It just a minor crash, they said. The man–identified by police and in media reports as Andrew Derr, 40–did not sustain injuries or get ejected from his vehicle. In any case, he and witnesses tried to get Morales to stop at the intersection of 17-92 and Wisconsin Avenue when she was trying to make a left turn, they said.

    Morales refused, and the people continued to follow her, they said. From cops:

    Verbal contact was made with Morales for her to pull over for the arrival of law enforcement. Morales refused and was able to make the left turn onto E. Wisconsin Ave when traffic permitted.

    Morales traveled to 1052 E Wisconsin Ave. Derr and witnesses followed Morales in attempt to help identify her for law enforcement. They stopped in the roadway in front of 1052 E. Wisconsin Ave, calling 911 to have law enforcement respond to this location.

    The confrontation escalated as Morales entered her home, and then stepped outside while witnesses and Derr were on the phone with 911, according to the police account. She allegedly pointed a gun at them.

    “Derr having a valid Florida Concealed weapons permit, drew his concealed handgun and fired multiple rounds, striking Morales,” police said. They said Derr cooperated with them. Cops said Monday that they continue to investigate with the State Attorney’s Office.

    Morales was pregnant, and worked as a Volusia County librarian, according to WOFL.

    Body cam footage shows law enforcement approaching Derr with arms drawn.

    “That girl tried to kill me,” Derr said, lying prone, arms and legs spread out. “She pointed a gun at me.”
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-sara-morales
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-28-2021 at 04:59 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,301
    Rep Power
    21474872
    I don't know how this started, after all, Sara isn't here to tell us her side of the story. But this is exactly why I don't need a gun for "protection" You can't pull a gun on someone if you aren't willing to pull the trigger. She "brandished" and she died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  5. #5
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,662
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I don't know how this started, after all, Sara isn't here to tell us her side of the story. But this is exactly why I don't need a gun for "protection" You can't pull a gun on someone if you aren't willing to pull the trigger. She "brandished" and she died.
    Yep. She went into her house, got the gun, and came outside. It's not like she was scared and hiding in her house.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  6. #6
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,889
    Rep Power
    21474869
    If everyone is brandishing guns....how do we tell who is the good guy and who is the bad guy anymore? Just saying....

  7. #7
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,296
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Why did she go in and get the gun? Did she really think if she pointed it at them that they would just go away?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  8. #8
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    11,662
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why did she go in and get the gun? Did she really think if she pointed it at them that they would just go away?
    Probably thought they would get scared and leave. If it was really a matter of being scared she wouldn't have driven to her house. Sorry, but she is a dummy.

    Also, the people were in the wrong for following her. They could've gotten a plate number and just called it in to the police. They always tell you NOT to follow people.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  9. #9
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,301
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Probably thought they would get scared and leave. If it was really a matter of being scared she wouldn't have driven to her house. Sorry, but she is a dummy.

    Also, the people were in the wrong for following her. They could've gotten a plate number and just called it in to the police. They always tell you NOT to follow people.
    Yeah, there's just so much wrong here. Maybe she meant harm to the biker, maybe she was just careless or distracted. But Daddy always told me, if you're going to grab a gun you need to be prepared to use it...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  10. #10
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14,296
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Probably thought they would get scared and leave. If it was really a matter of being scared she wouldn't have driven to her house. Sorry, but she is a dummy.

    Also, the people were in the wrong for following her. They could've gotten a plate number and just called it in to the police. They always tell you NOT to follow people.
    Yeah there is stupidity on both sides here. They never should have followed her, and there is numerous things she shouldnt have done.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  11. #11
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,782
    Rep Power
    21474867
    You can't claim self defense if you're the one going in to the house and coming out with the gun. The guy never threatened her with a firearm and she was the aggressor. It was him that acted in self defense. She tried to injur or kill him by hitting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  12. #12
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,301
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    You can't claim self defense if you're the one going in to the house and coming out with the gun. The guy never threatened her with a firearm and she was the aggressor. It was him that acted in self defense. She tried to injur or kill him by hitting him.
    Well, so they say. She's not here to tell her side. He and his friends chased her down. They are the ones telling the story that it was intentional on her part. It may have been intentional, but maybe not. And in Floriduh? With their "Stand Your Ground" law? She had a good chance of arguing she was in fear for her life, what with this gang on her heels, if only she'd been the one telling the story. If she was in fear of her life, she should have found a police station, or at the least barricaded herself in her home and called for help. But drawing a gun she didn't use, was the last mistake of her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  13. #13
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,889
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well, so they say. She's not here to tell her side. He and his friends chased her down. They are the ones telling the story that it was intentional on her part. It may have been intentional, but maybe not. And in Floriduh? With their "Stand Your Ground" law? She had a good chance of arguing she was in fear for her life, what with this gang on her heels, if only she'd been the one telling the story. If she was in fear of her life, she should have found a police station, or at the least barricaded herself in her home and called for help. But drawing a gun she didn't use, was the last mistake of her life.


    Like I said earlier, if everyone is brandishing guns....how do we tell who is the good guy and who is the bad guy anymore?

  14. #14
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,301
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post


    Like I said earlier, if everyone is brandishing guns....how do we tell who is the good guy and who is the bad guy anymore?
    You are exactly right. You can't. I disapprove of guns just on GP. I especially disapprove of guns as a "defense" or self-protection mechanism. They are all too likely to be used, accidentally by the kids or the suicidal. Used in a fit of rage, to be taken away by some criminal... or as in this case, they gave the killer (justified or not) a ready claim of self-defense. Better she should have spent whatever she spent on that gun of hers on a strong lock and an alarm system. I'm absolutely not saying that the killer is lying or 100% to blame here, but was he a bad guy, or a good guy with a gun? We'll never know for sure. All we do know is that a woman and her unborn child are dead and there's another kid without a mom and probably other people are mourning her... and of course the guy that killed her and his friends get to live with the fact that they ended two lives and damaged a bunch of other lives... and if they are decent people, that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. If they are pond scum? Well, I guess they'll shrug and go on about their Zimmermany ways, posing a threat to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their paths, especially anyone who cuts them off in traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  15. #15
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,889
    Rep Power
    21474869
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnb7Kz

    No Charges for Biker Who Fatally Shot Woman After She Hit Him With Car

    Andrew Derr, a 40-year-old motorcyclist, was cleared of any wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of Sara Morales, a 35-year-old library assistant who allegedly intentionally hit him with her car.

    In November, Morales hit Derr with her blue Kia and fled the scene, according to the Orange City, Florida, Police Department. After failing to get her to pull over, Derr and other motorists followed her home, where she allegedly obtained a gun and pointed it at Derr. The 40-year-old then took out his own firearm and fired multiple rounds, fatally wounding Morales.

    On Tuesday, the Orange City Police Department confirmed to Newsweek that Derr would not face any charges in the shooting.

    "While the facts in this case are truly heart-breaking, the law does not authorize the filing of any criminal charges. Our sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to the Morales family," the State Attorney's Office told WFTV in a statement.

    Ahead of the shooting, Morales yelled at the people outside her home that "three men" followed her, according to a 911 call WESH published in November. Shortly after, shots were heard in the background and the caller told the operator that the "dude that got hit on the bike" shot the woman. The caller said the shooting occurred because "she pulled a gun out on him."

    Derr remained at the woman's home until law enforcement arrived and Orange City Police Department Lieutenant Jason Sampsell told Newsweek in November that he didn't anticipate charges would be filed.

    A police report obtained by Newsweek said Derr was worried that Morales was going to "shoot him and that he was going to die." Derr told WOFL at the time that he felt terrible about the shooting but felt he had "no other choice."

  16. #16
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,782
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnb7Kz

    No Charges for Biker Who Fatally Shot Woman After She Hit Him With Car
    Honestly, I don't see how they could have charged him. She brandished a gun and he acted in self defense. We could argue that he shouldn't have followed her, but then argue that she shouldn't have hit him on purpose in the first place. At the end of the day, she threatened him with a firearm and he reacted the way anyone with a gun would have. We can't expect him to stand there and wait to be shot. Since she had already hit him with her car, he had every right to believe she would shoot him.

    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  17. #17
    Moderator puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,301
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how they could have charged him. She brandished a gun and he acted in self defense. We could argue that he shouldn't have followed her, but then argue that she shouldn't have hit him on purpose in the first place. At the end of the day, she threatened him with a firearm and he reacted the way anyone with a gun would have. We can't expect him to stand there and wait to be shot. Since she had already hit him with her car, he had every right to believe she would shoot him.

    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Yep. I'm disgusted that this is where we are as a society, but I can't see how they could have charged him... whole lot of stupid here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  18. #18
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,782
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yep. I'm disgusted that this is where we are as a society, but I can't see how they could have charged him... whole lot of stupid here.
    I hate it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •