Thread: Gary (67) & Lorraine Parker (60) found dead in the woods after going missing

Gary (67) & Lorraine Parker (60) found dead in the woods after going missing

I've been watching this for a couple of days. I think this is more than just a 'they got lost in the woods' thing.

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2021/11/sea...-cops-say.html

The search for a missing Ocean County couple is continuing Wednesday in wooded areas of Barnegat an Stafford, authorities said.

An investigation into the disappearance of Warren Grove residents Gary Parker, 67, and Lorraine Parker, 60, started Tuesday, Stafford police said. The couple was last seen a week ago and last spoke with family or friends on Sunday, according to Capt. James Vaughn.

?We have searched hundreds of acres of the Pine Barrens,? Vaughn said in an email. ?We have used a walking grid search, quads and other off-road vehicles (as well as) drones and air support.?

Earlier Wednesday, Stafford police said they were conducting a ?search and rescue? operation in the wooded area of Route 539/Warren Grove Road in Barnegat and Stafford. Police asked hunters to be ?extremely vigilant of 100-plus searchers walking through the area.?

A day earlier, Stafford police and the Ocean County Sheriff?s Department used ATVs to conduct off-road searches with help from State Police helicopters.

The couple?s daughter said on social media that police found her parents? quad with her father?s shotgun attached to it.

As of 4 p.m., the couple had not been found and the missing persons investigation was turned over to the Stafford Township Police Department?s Detective Bureau and the Ocean County Prosecutor?s Office, according to a statement from the department.

Anyone with information about the Parkers is asked to call Stafford police 609-597-8581 or Detective Sgt. Neil McKenna at 609-597-1189 x8440.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-wife/3062219/

The search continues for a New Jersey husband and wife who were reported missing last week.

Gary Parker, 67, and Lorraine Parker, 60, of the Warren Grove section of Stafford Township, were last seen on Wednesday, November 17. A neighbor then spoke with them on Sunday, November 21. The couple’s daughter then reported them missing on Monday, November 22.

“Everyone keeps to themselves so it's unusual that people would just disappear like that,” Bill Bennett, a neighbor, told NBC10. “This area is not that large of an area to get lost.”

Extensive and exhaustive searches over two days last week turned up no sign of the couple. However, one of the couple’s ATV quads was found with a shotgun attached to it near the back of their property.

“At this point in time, we do have more questions than answers,” Stafford Township Police Captain James Vaughn said.

Police also told NBC10 they found the couple’s cell phones and credit cards inside their house. They were last used on Sunday, November 21, the last time anyone heard from the couple.

“Our detective bureau and the prosecutor's office are looking through, you know, financial statements, phone records,” Captain Vaughn said. “They're interviewing family members. They're interviewing friends.”

Police are unsure if any foul play was involved in the couple’s disappearance.

“At this point in time, we're still treating it as a missing persons case,” Captain Vaughn said. “However, our detective bureau and the prosecutor's office are investigating every angle at this point.”

I wonder if they were meeting up with somebody.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder if they were meeting up with somebody.
    I am wondering if they stumbled on someone doing something they shouldn't and those people killed them to cover up whatever they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am wondering if they stumbled on someone doing something they shouldn't and those people killed them to cover up whatever they were doing.
    Sounds pretty plausable. I feel like a lot of people have gotten lost in the woods lately. But its rare that two people go missing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Sounds pretty plausable. I feel like a lot of people have gotten lost in the woods lately. But its rare that two people go missing.
    And if you got lost in the woods I wouldn't think you would abandon your gun and transportation.

Ok, maybe I was wrong.

https://abc7ny.com/couple-found-dead...sing/11285822/

Missing New Jersey couple found dead in densely wooded area

The New Jersey couple who had been reported missing for days was found dead in the woods on Tuesday.

The Stafford Township Police Department had been searching a heavily wooded area in Warren Grove for Gary and Lorraine Parker.

The couple drove into the protected Pine Barrens Wilderness Reserve but didn't return.

On Tuesday, police said they discovered the couple around 1 p.m. in the vicinity of their residence.

They were spotted with the Stafford Township Police Department's drone.

Autopsies will be performed later this week, however no foul play is suspected.

Ok, maybe I was wrong.

https://abc7ny.com/couple-found-dead...sing/11285822/

Missing New Jersey couple found dead in densely wooded area
    Wait, they were found by their house?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

And no foul play suspected?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wait, they were found by their house?
    And no foul play suspected?
    Yeah. Suicide?

Yeah. Suicide?
    Thats what Im thinking, but what about the ATV with the shot gun?

https://people.com/human-interest/mi...ods-near-home/

Stafford police Capt. James Vaughn tells PEOPLE the couple was found lying together about 70-75 yards from an ATV that they are believed to have driven into the woods — and around 200-250 yards away from their home.

"The only way we were able to find them was by using a drone," Vaughn told the Asbury Park Press, describing the area where they were found as "the thickest part of the Pine Barrens you're going to find."

"Without the use of a drone, it was nearly impossible. You could have walked by them and not seen them unless you were directly looking," he added.

Although a cause of death is currently unknown, police said on Tuesday that they do not believe foul play was involved.

Autopsies for the couple are pending, and reports could take at least six weeks to come in, police say.

Gary, 67, and Lorraine, 60, were last seen on Nov. 17 — although a neighbor reported speaking with them on Nov. 21, according to local NBC station WCAU. Their daughter reported them missing on Nov. 22.
    Prior to the discovery of their bodies, an ATV was found with a shotgun belonging to Gary inside, according to the Asbury Park Press. A cane belonging to Lorraine, who had mobility issues, was also found at their home.

Police still have no idea how the couple ended up in the densely wooded area.

"I don't think we're ever going to know," Vaughn told the Asbury Park Press. "I mean, there wasn't an ATV crash per se, but why they got off and why they ended up in the thicket the way they did far from their house, we're never going to know."
    So this makes it sound more like a tragic accident, rather than suicide, to me.

Yeah, if it were suicide, why not just do that at the house?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yeah, if it were suicide, why not just do that at the house?
    Trying to save the family from being the ones to discover them. It's still kind of bizarre though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Another weird forest death

What kind of tragic accident leads a mobility challenged woman into the Pine Barrens without her cane???

The Pine Barrens are my old stomping ground, there are lots and lots of bodies out there, many left by mobs. We used to hunt for the Jersey Devil all through there when I was a young, stupid, drinking teenager. Very easy to get lost - when you've seen ten thousand scrub pines you've seen them all. Between the Mob, the Jersey Devil, and native "Pineys," there's plenty to fear in them there woods.

Police asked hunters to be "extremely vigilant of 100-plus searchers walking through the area."
    Good luck with that.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information